13 Assisted Living Facilities near Clayton, NC
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clayton area, with 3 in Clayton and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clayton is $5,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clayton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clayton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Smithfield with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clayton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clayton, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clayton
Clayton, North Carolina, is located just outside the major city of Raleigh and is considered a satellite town in the metropolitan area, thanks to the surrounding research triangle and access to major highways in the area. Less than ten percent of the population is over 60 years of age, but there are 11 assisted living facilities in nearby cities. All of these ALFs are regulated and licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clayton
Weather in Clayton drops well below freezing in the winter from December through February with temperatures as low as 28 degrees and will average 3 inches of snow per year. Summers highs will climb to 89 degrees, but the rest of the year has temperatures in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
- Even though it's near the major city of Raleigh, Clayton has good to moderate air quality for much of the year. Pollen levels can affect these numbers on a seasonal basis.
- The cost of living in Clayton is on par with the averages in the rest of the U.S. and just above the average in the state, as per the Best Places scale. Housing is more expensive at $202,800 than the state mean at $171,500 but less than the national average of $216,200. Necessities like groceries (100.2), utilities (106) and health care (97) are just slightly above or slightly below the national average scale of 100.
- With a crime rate at 1.38 violent crimes per 1000 people, it is almost a third of the state average that is 3.72 violent crimes per 1000 people and even less than the national average of 4.0, making Clayton a safe suburb.
- The Community and Senior Services of Johnston County, where the town of Clayton is located, provides a wide variety of resources for seniors in Clayton and the surrounding area, namely providing transportation for those who need it. This includes transport from the assisted living facility to medical appointments or just to run general errands around town.
- Clayton has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital being WakeMed Health & Hospitals, located in Raleigh.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clayton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Clayton start around $5,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clayton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clayton
Low-income elderly residents who want to live in assisted living facilities but can’t afford it can sometimes get financial assistance through the state of North Carolina through the State/County Special Assistance Program, an SSI state supplement. This program applies specifically to those who need non-medical care on a daily basis in an ALF, but have proven they can’t live by themselves at home anymore.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clayton
Clayton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clayton, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clayton
Clayton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clayton
Review of The Enclave
My brother and sister-in-law are at The Enclave. It's a house with only six residents. It's beautiful, new, and always clean. The staff is very good. Hospice is giving my brother most of his care a... Read more
Review of Clayton House
This facility is the best in the country. My father who is currently ill aged turning 86 was transferred from Olivedale Clinic after being there for 5 weeks. They only washed his hair twice there ... Read more
Review of Gabriel Manor
This place is very unprofessional. The Sales director says one thing and turns around and says something else. Because of this, they cannot be trusted when dealing with families of potential reside... Read more