26 Assisted Living Facilities near Lynnfield, MA
Also serving communities of Reading.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lynnfield area, with 1 in Lynnfield and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lynnfield is $5,790 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 187 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lynnfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lynnfield 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stoneham with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lynnfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lynnfield, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lynnfield
The town of Lynnfield was first settled in 1638 and is bordered on the north by the Ipswich River and the Lynn Woods Reservation to the southeast. In addition to the beautiful natural setting, seniors in Lynnfield have access to 23 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area. These facilities provide a supervised residential setting for seniors and offer assistance with daily living, medication management and meal services. ALFs statewide are under the jurisdiction of the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lynnfield
- The Lynnfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including North Shore Medical Center Union Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lynnfield has warm summers with average highs of 82 degrees in July, which means seniors can enjoy outdoor activities in comfort. The winters get chilly with average lows of 18 degrees in January and 46 inches of snowfall, so seniors may have difficulties getting around.
Crime rates in Lynnfield are quite low, so seniors and their loved ones can feel safe and secure. Property and violent crime are rated at 22.5 and 23.9 out of 100 respectively (1 being the safest), which are both lower than the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1.
- Seniors who are living in Lynnfield with a respiratory illness may have some complications in Essex County. While the American Lung Association gave this area a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A, it received a poor ozone score of D.
- Seniors can get their fill of art, history and culture in the nearby coastal town of Salem, just 10 miles away. This town is a popular tourist destination with a fully walkable/handicap-accessible pedestrian-only downtown area. Seniors can experience the witch trials at the Witch Dungeon Museum, see the Yin Yu Tang, an 18th century 16-bedroom house flown from China or shop the multiple unique boutiques and restaurants.
- While some ALFs in this area may provide shuttle services for running errands or visiting appointments, the city of Lynnfield has no fixed bus routes. This could be a problem for independent seniors who like to keep to their own schedule.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lynnfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Lynnfield start around $5,870 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lynnfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lynnfield
Low-income seniors may be able to get help paying for assisted living in Lynnfield. The Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G) Assisted Living Benefit programs are available to those who are qualified. In addition, the non-Medicaid Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program may be available to some.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lynnfield
Lynnfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lynnfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lynnfield
Lynnfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lynnfield
Review of Sunrise of Lynnfield
We toured Sunrise of Lynnfield. They weren't as impressive as we were hoping. It is very expensive. I think they had more hours of nursing care available and things like that. We didn't like the la... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lynnfield
Sunrise of Lynnfield was very modern. It's a large facility. It lives up to its name. There were a lot of windows in there. It looked very bright inside and very clean. The rooms themselves were ve... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lynnfield
I went to see Sunrise of Lynnfield. My overall impression was good. The staff were really nice. However, my mother didn't like the facility. I really don't know why, she just didn't like it. I like... Read more