Emerald Oaks

Reviews of Emerald Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Emerald Oaks

May 10, 2016

By JoanFDPEI

Emerald Oaks is new, and the people are younger and looking to make new friends. It's better and costs less than what we found everywhere else. It’s well maintained and offers a full kitchen. The food is excellent as per my uncle. The chef comes out every day to talk with the residents to see what they like and don’t like, and they’ll make anything they ask for. There’s food service 24/7 with room service 24/7 free of charge.

November 24, 2015

By Florence16

Emerald Oaks is a new, impressive, beautiful community. They gave us the tour and we met some of the staff members, who were very pleasant at that time. They had a nice facility with a beauty shop on premises. When you walk in, there's a stone waterfall that was very peaceful. Their food was pretty good. I visited my friend's apartment and saw their laundry room and the other facilities. Some of the rooms had washing machines and dryers in them and some did not. I was very impressed with the apartments. The main problem I found was the distance from my family and from shopping. There isn't much there, at least not yet. They have a movie theater, so they have movies. I think they need to have better transportation. Their transportation is not as good as ours, which I found out from friends that I talked to who live there. Transportation is the one problem over there. If you don't need to go any place or your family is close by, it would be perfect. Things could improve over time with the transportation; at least, I would hope so. And with them, you can only go to the doctors on Tuesdays or Thursdays. They don't go five days a week, so that could be a problem for some people that have to go more often.

October 27, 2015

By Kim115142250

I took my mother to Emerald Oaks, and we toured it. She hasn't moved in, but we're very happy with the whole introduction to it and what they offered us for the price and everything she is getting. She is moving into a brand new place and she is very receptive of it. We went and ate brunch there last Sunday, and it was very good -- good portion but not over the top. We went back today to rent her unit and had lunch again, and it was excellent. The residents were all walking around saying we're going to be so happy here and that this is a great place. Everyone I've come in contact with has been great.

September 30, 2015

By Everette3

We visited Emerald Oaks, which is a new establishment. They just opened up in June. We were very impressed with them. They were brand new. They had plenty of apartments. They were very friendly. They really treated us right. It was comparable with the other facility except Emerald Oaks paid for everything, and there was no extra fee of any type or shape. They have garages available. They have some few extra things including three meals a day, which was nice. They have several open apartments. We were impressed with it. Plus, they have a nice view up on the third floor. Of all the communities we went to, we were most pleased with Emerald Oaks. They had a lot of activities, but the thing is, it was a brand new facility, so they haven't gotten everything up and running yet. However, what they had listed would be favorable to us. The staff was amazing. They were friendly. They went out of the way to help us out in more ways than I can tell you.

August 24, 2015

By blairjenn

What is included in the amount of rent? Cleanliness of facilities. Just things that you would want to be nice for your family member to have or do.

Questions about Emerald Oaks

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Emerald Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Emerald Oak residents are well-rounded individuals aged 55 and over who live life at their own pace. Some continue to refine a lifelong hobby, or work, while others delight in learning new activities and skills.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Emerald Oaks is located deep in the heart of the vibrant, diverse and hospitable city of San Antonio, Texas. We are just minutes away from attractions like the delightful River Walk, the historic Alamo, Market Square, and the Tower of Americas.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Emerald Oaks has organized?

Our full-time lifestyle director collaborates with residents to develop a wide variety of events and activities tailored to the interests of the community. Dinner outings as well as trips to the local farmers market and shopping centers are often found on the weekly agenda.

What transportation services does Emerald Oaks offer to independent living residents?

Emerald Oaks offers scheduled transportation to professional appointments and group outings, we also offer valet parking for our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Emerald Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Freedom Dining is Emerald Oak's most popular feature. The program includes flexible dining hours throughout the day, plus the option to choose from a variety of dining experiences: fine dining, causal buffet dining including pizza, salads, sandwiches; on-the-go snacks; room service is also available as an option, at no additional charge. Our Freedom Dining program ensures residents have ample time to dine, plus plenty of nutritionally-balanced meal options, prepared by our Executive Chef daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a fabulous 150 seat theatre to host live performances, meetings and of course a great place to take in a move. Other areas of the community to enjoy include the 24 hour fitness center, library, billiards room and computer center. There is also a gift shop/pharmacy, salon/barber and bank/credit union located on the premises for your convenience.

What safety features or security measures does Emerald Oaks offer to independent living residents?

Emerald Oaks is a 24/7 professionally staffed community with live in managers and concierge services. For your saftey, Emerald Oaks is equipped with a medical alert system, all included.

If Emerald Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Emeral Oaks is a pet friendly community, with no additional fee.

Costs for Emerald Oaks

Photos of Emerald Oaks

Services and Amenities of Emerald Oaks

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• General Store

• About Emerald Oaks

Welcome to Emerald Oaks! Our senior living community echoes the brilliance of this vibrant city, offering an affordable, all-inclusive, resort-style senior living experience to adults 55 and over. Emerald Oaks has quality-designed luxury accommodations, around-the-clock attentive care, and an array of on-site conveniences.

Designed for your comfort, our community will feature studios, 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom apartments with a variety of floor plans and smart details to complement your lifestyle. Each apartment is unfurnished but includes window coverings, a climate-controlled thermostat, carpeting, ceiling fans, and ample storage. Enjoy the freedom to decorate your new home to your individual taste

Map of Emerald Oaks