The Waterford on Huebner

Reviews of The Waterford on Huebner

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford on Huebner

September 04, 2021

By Norma

The Waterford on Huebner, I would say, is really for someone that needs assisted living. Those beyond capable of taking care of themselves. It's not independent, for me, even though it may seem that way. They need 24-hour staff there and that type of thing and the residents were much more elderly. You can just see that they need that assistance. I think that's more of an assisted living than anything else even though technically, it is independent living. My dad didn't even want to finish the tour. I just felt like he may feel like, "This wasn't for me. I'm not that old. I don't need to be in a wheelchair. I'm not that slow", that type of thing. It is an older version of a community, but still very nice. I just think they need to modernize a little bit more. The pull-cord is something my father is used to because it's that type of old type of process for an emergency. I think it needs to be more modern like a button or something. It looks like it was an 80's type of thing. The interaction I had was really just with the director who runs it, and she was lovely and was engaging with my father. I think they could use a lot of their money and modernize what the residents are paying.

Norma, we really appreciate your feedback!

August 17, 2021

By Stephanie

My mother-in-law moved into The Waterford on Huebner. Everything is great, we absolutely love the place, and the whole process to get in and get selected is amazing. My daughter eats there a lot, and she said the food is great. The activities are great, she's been getting out of her room, and she likes it. It's very nice, clean and convenient.

Stephanie, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

July 10, 2021

By Maria

We toured The Waterford on Huebner, and we had some food in this community. We had a delicious salad, it had cranberries, with walnuts or peanuts, and chicken, it was delicious. They were very warm, and I remember one of the activities. They had a big get-together for Cinco de Mayo. They had Mexican food, with different kinds of dips and cookies. They had Mexican music, they had a whole room decorated, they were able to spend some time there and listen to some Mexican music. They may even have played Mexican Loteria, and it was nice. It's an older community, people have been living there for a while. I don't know how old the community is, but it's very well-kept and very well painted. The walls are in good shape, the floors are in good shape. They're very clean, I wouldn't say that it's a luxurious ambiance, but it is very appealing. I wouldn't mind moving there once we get to that stage.

Maria, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We could not agree more that this community and this team make life amazing for our residents!!

April 16, 2021

By ReviewerFC033021A

The Waterford on Huebner was really nice. I really liked it because a lot of the seniors were talking to each other. They weren't just in their rooms or in their apartments. They were in the front of a foyer, and a lot of them were just sitting out talking. I liked the fact that it wasn't so big. At first, I didn't think I was going to like it because of the way the kitchen is set up. It's like a kitchenette, but mom doesn't cook that much anymore, so it doesn't matter. She can eat in the dining room, and if I want to take her out when COVID is over, I can take her out to eat. There are prepared meals that she can get and put in the microwave, and all those are good, so I liked it. This is independent living, and she has some dementia, but there are extra things that I could pay for on the side, like a nurse there who I could pay monthly. She might still feel like she has some independence but also still have some supervision, so I kind of thought it was good. I was a little thrown off by the kitchen, but I love the one-bedroom floor plan. Sometimes, I wish it had just a little more in the kitchen, but that's OK. It's very nice. The staff was helpful and encouraging. They had a laundry area. What's strange is the upstairs; there are a lot of people probably who can't really get up there. Some of the things are on the upper levels where you have to use the stairs, but it's really nice.

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am sure your Mom will love it here at the Waterford on Huebner. Although we do have two floors we also have two elevators at each end of the building to accommodate our residents who live on the second floor. These elevators can also be used to go to our beauty salon, library, game room, exercise room and community kitchen. I'm sure your Mom would enjoy using the fully equipped community kitchen if she would like to make one of her favorite recipes. We look forward to see you here at the Waterford on Huebner.

October 15, 2020

By Ruth

I'm living a happier and more fulfilled life here at The Waterford on Huebner than I would in my home alone. It cost less living here than at home. I also feel safer.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We love having you part of the family and look forward to making many more memories.

October 15, 2020

By Hazel

We have been here 3 1/2 years. We enjoy the entertainers and their lively music. Activities are great. Andrew does a wonderful job!

Hazel, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford on Huebner! Andrew is such an asset and he is consistently coming up with creative ways to engage our residents.

October 14, 2020

By Relative

I love the family community this facility shares. The staff genuinely cares for their residents and makes them feel special. They shuttled my mom to doctor’s visits with ease. My mom enjoys the meals, the patio and activities they offer. I would recommend this facility for their love one.

Hi Relative, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! So blessed to have you part of our family and will work continuously to provide a wonderful environment for your loved one.

October 14, 2020

By Lynette

It is a smaller community, therefore it feels like we are family. I feel Sandi and Dolores are awesome and always going that extra mile for us. Always a smile and a hello.

Lynette, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford on Huebner! We do have a very caring team at the community and appreciate the comments regarding our incredible leaders - Sandy and Dolores. - they are one-of-a-kind.

October 07, 2020

By Amandah

My family and I have greatly appreciated the care of the staff at the Waterford during my grandmothers' move there. The patience and special attention they've shown in helping her to adjust is truly priceless to us as it assures us that they will continue to treat her like family and look out for her best interests. Delores has always made herself available when we have questions or concerns, which is a great comfort to us. We also appreciate the efforts of all of the staff to diligently care for the residents and keep them safe and healthy during the recent COVID outbreak. Keep up the great work!

October 06, 2020

By BrandiW

Top notch customer service. My grandmother currently lives there and absolutely loves it there! She says she doesn’t want to go anywhere else because she loves how the employees treat her. They really go above and beyond! Her room is spacious and the view from her room is pretty with all of the plants and flowers that the property keeps very well maintained. My grandmother also really likes how they accommodate to her meal preferences and how good everything tastes.

Hi Brandiw, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford on Huebner!

October 06, 2020

By Patty

It is a very friendly oriented peaceful place to live. The community is absolutely on top of everything. When you need something they are there...night and day.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We know that receiving 5 stars is not always easy and we hope to continually work towards earning that honor daily.

October 03, 2020

By Faith Meyer

Other

The Waterford on Heubner was recommended by a friend. Beautiful property. When I walked in, I was impressed by the really nice, airy and bright environment! The Sales Director, Delores is awesome! But most importantly, genuine. I would be extremely happy living there. It’s welcoming, clean, safe and the staff are so very nice and sweet. I have been to other Senior Facilities over the years and when I walked in the door and spoke with the staff and toured the facility with Delores and spent time with her, I knew this was the place for my Mother! Thank you Lord for guiding me there. My Mother loves it and always comments about how nice everyone is. The staff and the residents.

September 30, 2020

By RussKam

I moved my parents to the Waterford this summer. My parents have been very happy with their apartment and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff. The Waterford is a small community and has a family feeling. The staff know all of the residents by name. I was impressed how hard they all worked to make this move a possibility. I will always be so grateful for their compassion and professionalism.

May 17, 2019

By Gary

The Waterford on Huebner was a very small community. The two staff members I saw seemed caring, concerned, and accommodating. The library, the efficiency apartments, and the property itself were small, and the kitchenette was very lacking. The facility was clean. Right when you walk in the front door you immediately walk into the dining room, which is average in size. The offices are adjeacent to it and there's no wall dividing the offices from the dining room. There weren't very many activities, but they provide transportation to Bear County. It was a very quiet place. It's next to a good public transportation stop and it's gated.

Gary, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

July 04, 2018

By Brandyn

We really love The Waterford on Huebner. The staff is great and seems very caring. Mom's making friends with some of the residents, so it's really nice. There are some hits and misses, but for the most part, my mom likes the food. The dining room is really nice, open, has plenty of room, and the staff that serves them are great. They offer different activities and transportation to any appointment and different outings. They have a nice library, a little movie room, and activities during the day that people can go to or not, so it’s really nice. You can do your own laundry there since they have laundry facilities on each floor, or you can pay someone to do it for you for about $30 a month. We're really happy with it and so is my mom.

April 30, 2018

By Teresa

My dad moved into The Waterford on Huebner. It just felt very welcoming when we went there. Tina, the lady in charge, was great. I liked the way the place looked and felt, and my dad is very happy there. The staff is great, very friendly, and professional. They have a lot of activities.

Teresa, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

November 06, 2017

By Susie

Our visit to the Waterford was great. It's gated, newer, and well cared for. I liked the facility, but it was out of Dad's price range. It's a very well-kept place, and they have very clean one-bedroom apartments and efficiency. They put in new carpeting and paint when someone moves out. They have three meals a day and a bus to take people to different stores.

Susie, thank you so much for the positive review! We are blessed you have chosen us and hope to always earn your five star rating!! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

May 31, 2017

By mary367128

The Waterford on Huebner was very nice. It had a lovely dining room.

Mary367128, we really appreciate your feedback!

March 29, 2017

By John534722

My visit at The Waterford on Huebner was good. The room they showed me was kind of small. The staff was good, and they were very friendly.

Hello John534722, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

November 29, 2016

By Linda684306

I saw The Waterford on Huebner. It was a nice place with nice food. The management and the people were all very nice. The apartment itself was too small. They had everthing, including transportation.

Hi Linda684306 thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback.

October 13, 2016

By Aquilla

I visited The Waterford on Huebner. It was a little bit more elite than the other community, but they were both very nice and very well kept. I was very satisfied with both facilities. At The Waterford on Huebner, I was impressed with the fact that on each one of the rooms, there was always a view to the outside, and they had balconies. I was also impressed with the fact that they had a theater where they had movie nights. Even though they had movie nights at the other community, at Huebner, it was larger with seating areas. The staff said they both offer the same things, but I got kind of a different feel from the Huebner than I did from the other community, but they were both very nice. The grounds were well kept. It was daytime when I was to Waterford on Huebner, and based on what I could see from the outside, there is plenty of lighting, which is always good. The staff members were all very nice and informative with lots of information with the facility and the residents, so I thought that was good. You’re not just a number. Also they have lots of curriculum and outings that they provide transportation for, so is the other one, but they listed more things that they present they had for the tenants to do other than shopping and doctor’s visits. I was impressed with that. And if it was something that some of the tenants were interested in that was not on their list, they took it under consideration, went back to the staff that make the decision, and figured out a way to work it in, so I thought that was excellent.

Aquilla, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

August 22, 2016

By Randy007038

The Waterford on Huebner was quite nice. People there seemed very active. I saw games and people in groups. I thought it was a little higher on price than the space we got. The Waterford focused only on independent living with no options to move past that if that was needed. It was a nice place.

Randy007038, we really appreciate your feedback!

May 29, 2016

By Paul827028

We visited The Waterford on Huebner. The food was OK, and they seemed to be better because it was a newer facility. It had more amenities. However, my wife wasn't impressed by it. The rooms had a refrigerator, and a microwave. They had a van that goes to a grocery store once a week, Costco, and for medical purposes.

Hi Paul827028, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve.

May 10, 2016

By Caring daughter in law1

Everything has gone smoothly and the lady that helped us out, Jennifer was very helpful. The food staff was very accommodating. My father-in-law is pretty happy with most of the food; two choices on an entrée. He is able to participate in the activities. It’s like a studio apartment and he like it, it has enough room, with large bathroom.

Caring Daughter In Law1, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

January 23, 2016

By Loving sister2

The Waterford is very nice, very easy going, and they had a lot of things that a person should do. They have daily activities. They have a bus that goes to different places. They have a restaurant, and a library.

Hi Loving Sister2, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford on Huebner!

January 17, 2016

By Bufka

The Waterford on Huebner was a very nice place. The staff was very nice, and the rooms all looked nice and comfortable. I liked the way their dining room looked, but I was not able to try their food. When I went there, I saw people playing cards and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Bufka, we really appreciate your positive review!

January 15, 2016

By Alice L

My mom decided she needed to move closer to me so after 67 years in the same house we were looking for an assisted living community. I used Caring.com and Christina E. took what I was looking for in the location I wanted and gave me 5 to visit. I visited them all. I ate at them and met with the patrons. I found the Waterford on Huebner and it had all the things I thought my mom would like. I put her on the list without her even seeing it. She has now moved in and is very happy. This was a big transition but it was seamless with Christina's help. Thank you caring.com for the great help in directing me to all the right communities.

Alice L, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

December 29, 2015

By Mark100839150

I had a very brief experience at The Waterford on Huebner. During my visit there, I saw that it was a nice community. It had a 10-foot-high ceilings, which made the rooms appear spacious. Each room had a large walk-in closet. I did not eat there, but I saw that they had a wonderful dining room. I noticed that they also had two-hour door checks. Obviously, they checked on the residents very regularly, which impressed me.

Mark100839150, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford on Huebner!

November 29, 2015

By anonymous120113750

The Waterford was too much like an assisted living place. It reminded me of a nursing home, but we're looking for independent living. The staff was friendly but did not let us talk to the residents. The rooms were very small.

Anonymous120113750, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

September 06, 2015

The Waterford on Huebner is a great place. My mom has just been complaining about the food. Evidently, they have some kitchen problems, but other than that, it's OK. We moved her in on July 1st, and they all seem to be very helpful and caring. I have eaten there one time, and I thought it was fine, but my mom and several of her friends complain about it there. They recently had some changes with who's in charge with the cooking. She's participated in a few things, and she got the large one-bedroom unit, which is very nice with a nice large bathroom. I would recommend them, but they should improve on the food. They use all frozen products, and there isn't much variety, and sometimes it's even hard to tell what you're getting. They don't use very many spices -- everything is just really bland.

Hello Caring112975750, thank you; we appreciate your feedback!

June 06, 2015

My second choice would have been The Waterford. It feels like a large apartment complex. The apartments are smaller; their food is not quite as good. It’s newer, it’s nice, and I like the amenities.

Caring106405450, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We have made many positive changes over the years and would love another opportunity to show you those improvements!

October 16, 2014

By Bud2

We have been living at The Waterford on Huebner for about five months now, and we're pretty satisfied in this facility. The staff were a little above average. They have a one and a two-bedroom apartment. We are in a two bedroom, and it’s very nice. We have a lady that comes in and cleans once a week. The food is also a little above average. We have different things to do like bingo, checkers, and scrabble.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us! We hope you have a great day!

July 19, 2014

By Burdette

We are in an independent living community called The Waterford. We get three meals a day. There are activities that we like. They have an exercise room, and there is bingo. There are other activities, but we haven't been here long enough. The food is excellent. It is very good. We can order anything. The staff is very good. They are very polite. We are in a two-bedroom. It is fairly large. It is two bedrooms and one bathroom. We have a balcony completely around our apartment. We have windows in every room, including the bedrooms. Once a week, a woman comes in and sweeps, changes the sheets, takes the laundry, etc. We have very good service here. Everything is very good. This place is more homey because it is not quite as congested.

Burdette, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

April 25, 2014

I visited Waterford briefly. We went into a room that was vacant. It was about the same square footage as some of the other places, but it was adequate in terms of square feet and closet space. The staff is very friendly. The place is very clean and it smelled good, so obviously it was not a Medicaid nursing home. The dining area was adequate and well presented, but it didn't really stand out. I think, comparing prices, Waterford was on the lower end of several I visited. It's not really upscale.

Caring84360750, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

October 15, 2013

By Maria24

I had a very good experience at The Waterford on Huebner. It is a very nice place, more joyful and more charming, and I got a good impression of the people, they are very kind. I like the buildings and the view.

Maria24, thank you so much for the positive review!

June 12, 2013

By Shirley20

I was a resident at The Waterford on Huebner. The lobby was very nice. It had pretty decors and you can sit there and talk with the other residents. The dining hall had chandeliers. However, it didn't have grounds where you can take walks. You can just walk around the building. I also stayed in an efficiency apartment. It was nice but not spacious. It didn't have a kitchen. They have meals supplied to you and you just have a little microwave in your room. The reason I left this facility was because I didn't get to go out as much. I'm in a wheelchair most of the time but their shuttle bus doesn't have a lift for wheelchairs, so I'm usually stuck in the place. I can only go out when my daughter visits me.

Shirley20, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We would love to have you back for a second visit so you can have a more positive experience!

March 21, 2013

By Elaine6

The reasons I chose Waterford is because of the social activities and location. The staff is attentive and friendly. My mother is in the smallest studio, it is very clean. They have games, movies and musical presentations. They also provide transportation for off site activities like the theaters, symphony and restaurants. I have also tried the food, it is very good and my mother likes it.

Elaine6, we are very happy we could provide your mom with a positive experience!

September 26, 2012

By Sam9522

Other

The exterior of the facility is very welcoming. It's set up to look like an upscale/southern style apartment complex. The landscaping is well kept and colorful. Upon entering this facility you will walk into a large dining/living common area. The dining room is very large with a tall ceiling and seemed spotless. It was a cheery yellow/beige color. The residents all seemed very happy and were all being seating in the dining area. It's a restaurant style atmosphere as there is a wait staff to take order from the daily options available. There is a fitness area, a reading room with newspapers/magazines available. There are various seating areas as you walk thru the facility. The rooms are about the size of a hotel room and there is a sink/fridge/microwaive. Each room is temperature controlled by each resident. There is a monthly calender posted in several locations listing the activities that are available for the residents to participate in, (ie bingo, crafting, sing alongs, etc)

Hi Sam9522, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Waterford on Huebner. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

September 26, 2012

By Jashme D.

The facility was excellent. Everything was clean and the residents had everything they needed. The residents were happy and as healthy as could be expected. My only complaint was that the staff was a bit difficult to communicate with. Most of the nurses and aids seemed tired and frustrated.

Jashme D., thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Questions about The Waterford on Huebner

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford on Huebner. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our senior residents are independent, but help is available as needed. The average age of our residents is 75. The residents enjoy bingo, arts/crafts , happy hour and entertainment.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Waterford on Huebner is centrally located in San Antonio. We are three miles west of IH-10, near Huebner Oaks which is a beautiful lifestyle shopping center that features prominent national fashion retailers as well as a variety of full service and quick-serve restaurants are right here too! Huebner Oaks is home to the only REI in San Antonio plus the 14 screen Regal Huebner Oaks Stadium 14 Theater.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford on Huebner has organized?

A popular off-site event is taking the residents to see Christmas Tree Lights at Windcrest, lunch outings and much more.

What transportation services does The Waterford on Huebner offer to independent living residents?

Schedule transportation services Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 3:00pm to medical appointments, outings, shopping and more.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford on Huebner exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Enjoy nutritious, hearty meals restaurant-style among friends and a la carte options available anytime.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have many common areas for our residents to enjoy activities such as a sunroom, library, poker/billiard room, fitness room and activity room.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford on Huebner offer to independent living residents?

We are a gated community with 24-hour front desk staffing.

If The Waterford on Huebner accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we are a pet-friendly community with a large front and backyard for you to walk your pet.

Does The Waterford on Huebner work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our residents have access to choice of home health through third party agencies that provide regular personal care. We do have an on-site home health agency as well as out-patient physical therapy.

Photos of The Waterford on Huebner

Services and Amenities of The Waterford on Huebner

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: N/A

• Dining Extra: Community Kitchen

• Features Extra: Guest Room, Carport Parking

• Internet Enabled Rooms
  • Technology Extra: Wifi Available In Common Area. Internet And Upgraded Cable In The Apartments Is A Separate Cost.

• Nurse On Staff: No

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Scenic Drive, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment. Off Site Activities Such As Luncheons, Museums, Etc Resident To Pay Entry.

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Sales Director Can Refer The Resident To Patriot Angels For Va Aid & Attendance.

• Diet Extra: N/A

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: To Be Provided By Their Preferred/Selected Home Health Or Hospice

• Companion Care
  • Personal Care Assistants
  • In Home Health
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Above Services To Be Paid Separately By The Resident I.E. Private Pay, Medicare Or Insurance

Payment options

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: N/A

About The Waterford on Huebner

Let our desired amenities and convenient services spur you into experiencing an exciting life at The Waterford on Huebner. Our Independent Living community in San Antonio, Texas, features thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans and a full calendar of activities and social programs such as regular bingo, Bunco and happy hours to offer residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle. Our apartments boast walk-in closets and full-sized kitchenettes so residents feel right at home the second they step foot in our community. The Waterford also offers the privacy and freedom our residents expect and deserve with 2-inch mini-blinds on all windows and the ability to enjoy community amenities ranging from a well-stocked library to our grand piano. At the same time, we offer companionship. Professional and courteous staff members are available 24 hours a day and can provide support services including additional housekeeping and laundry help. Our community’s location on the north side of San Antonio provides a plethora of shopping, dining, entertainment and medical choices all within reach of our residents.

Map of The Waterford on Huebner