Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

Reviews of Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

Independent Living Reviews for Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

May 22, 2017

By dennis324825

Watercrest at Alamo Ranch had a good presentation and everything was right, except for the price. The dining area and food were great. I saw a pool, a gym, and a crafts room. The apartments looked fine.

March 28, 2017

By Trinidad

I chose the Watercrest at Alamo Ranch. I wanted a little duplex condominium-style with my own garage and more privacy, and they had that. It's very nice. I like it. The only thing that I feel is not good about the place is they put the locks on backwards. I think they hired cheap labor. I have arthritis in my hands and they’re really hard to push in. The painting wasn’t a very good job, either. I didn’t check all of that before I moved in. I checked with them about my garage door, but I haven’t gotten a response. They have continental breakfast and a very good lunch. I like the place, but for the money we pay, it could have been a little bit better for the residents moving in with health problems. The people are wonderful, but the service is not what I thought it would be.

March 07, 2017

By Lynda688110

We visited Watercrest, and we liked it very much, but we it was too costly for us. The apartments were very nice and airy. They had all the amenities that we liked. The people were very friendly. They had a lot of exercise activities. They had a library and a movie theater, and they had excursions. They served two meals a day. Breakfast was included in the costs, and there was an additional cost for lunch, if you wanted that. The staff was very friendly and information. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

October 20, 2016

By Jennifer811075

We chose Watercrest at Alamo Ranch for my parents. They could have a pet, and it was an age-in-place location, so they could stay in one place the whole time, and I wouldn't have to move them to different levels of care, so that was huge for us. We could bring in our own care, and they have a dog park. My dad has a dog, and they wanted to be able to meet people who also have pets and common interests. It was a brand-new and beautiful facility. They play cards and they have a weekly outing and they really enjoy that. They enjoy the Bingo and they have Happy Hour with live music every Friday that they like. They have breakfast and lunch, and they just do light meal prep for dinner in their own place. The staff is really informative and genuinely concerned about my parents; that's very important. They have a covered swimming pool -- so it's an indoor pool -- a movie theater, and a library, and they love all of those.

September 28, 2016

By Bruce278157

The one we decided on is Watercrest. It is gorgeous. You walk in and it’s like walking into a Four Seasons hotel. It’s just beautiful and only about 1 ½ years old. Everything about it -- the colors they use, the furniture they have, the apartments themselves are greatly laid out, and all the facilities. But one thing we did like about it a lot was you can kind of customize. A lot of them have 2 or 3 meals a day, and that’s included in the price, while in this one you can adjust that because they have full kitchens in the apartments. So, let’s say, you wanted only 10 meals a month, you are going to probably go down there to eat other than breakfast, then you’re not paying for all those meals that you are not even going down there to use. The fact that we can take our washer and dryer is another big plus. We did have lunch there. They had a salad bar, and I think I just had a salad and soup -- I don’t even know if I had the entrée -- but the food was very good, and we liked it. The staff was great. We liked everything about it that we have seen. We were going to 3 places when we went back there to check it out. We liked the first one and the staff a lot, but we were not impressed with the place. And then, we went to Watercrest. After we saw it, we did not bother going to the third one. That’s how impressive it was.

February 15, 2016

By Jim120696150

We're satisfied with what we saw at Watercrest. The prices were reasonable, and the whole place was very nice. The rooms were nice, and large compared to all the rest that I've seen. Everything was brand-new. Everybody was very friendly, and very helpful. They had all kinds of amenities like buses, and they also had the assisted-living if you get to that point. They had card games, transportation to churches, river walk, different places, and a fish place. They had very good food, and you can pick out what you want on the menu. They got everything covered.

November 29, 2015

By anonymous120113750

Watercrest was outstanding. Everybody was friendly, and the staff immediately left me with the residents, who talked about their experiences there. The apartments are of a good size, well laid out, and accommodating. The food was outstanding.

October 29, 2015

By Bev Dennis

At Watercrest, you can be as active as you want to be or just enjoy your beautiful spacious apartment with privacy and security. We have group activities, meals and transportation as needed.

October 27, 2015

By J. Adams

I have been here at Watercrest for 3 months and I am very happy here. The service is improving everyday.

October 12, 2015

By dogpound

Great Community. Very beautiful design. Staff is very friendly. Also, very affordable.

Costs for Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

Photos of Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

Services and Amenities of Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Detached Homes

• Minimum Age: None

About Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch

Life at Landon Ridge – Alamo Ranch revolves around modest luxury, personal freedom and optimal health. Comfortable surroundings, social activity, delicious meals, accommodating associates and a prime location come together on our unique campus to form a fresh and vivacious lifestyle. We modernize and redefine the retirement experience. Our independent living cottages and apartments offer chef-prepared dining, daily activities planned around our residents’ interests, scheduled transportation to and from shopping and appointments, and a variety of social outings. Our pet-friendly community also offers laundry and housekeeping services plus apartment maintenance, allowing you to have the freedom to pursue the lifestyle you enjoy!

Map of Landon Ridge at Alamo Ranch