Rest Haven-york

Reviews of Rest Haven-york

Nursing Home Reviews for Rest Haven-york

December 07, 2016

By Susi771474

My mother-in-law was at Rest Haven - York. The care that she received was excellent, but the rooms are slightly old-fashioned and slightly crowded. The meals that they give to my mother-in-law was not adequate. She has celiac's disease, and they do not have wide variety of meals for her, but their regular meals for other residents looked and smelled very good. The doctor chose this place for her because they deliver results. They had her up and moving and doing very well.

November 06, 2016

By Carolyn012863

They put my mother-in-law in Rest Haven - York. They keep the place clean for sure, and they have quite a few activities for the residents which my mother-in-law loves. Any of the personnel is really nice. They have been helpful when help was needed. I can go to them with almost any question, and they can answer it. If not, they will get an answer and get back to you. My mother-in-law seems to like it quite a bit. Early on, it wasn’t that way, but more and more she is getting acclimated to her surroundings. Like when she goes to activities or any of the meals, she says "when I get back home." So her bed and her room is her home, which is a good indication. She is in a room with another lady. She enjoys almost any activity, especially anything that has to do with music. They have Bingo, and on Sundays they have different churches coming in. Today, they had a group playing music, and she loves music. It is a good variety of activities.

June 25, 2012

By Claire2

Rest Haven York is a lovely nursing home located in York, PA, across the street from York Hospital. The home itself is well kept and very clean. The building is secure from the time you walk up to the front door and enter. A receptionist is there to greet you and you sign in. Then you're free to visit whomever you're there to see. Anytime I've asked to speak with a member of the staff they gladly accommodate me. My questions have always been answered completely and thoroughly. I find all of the employees to be quite pleasant.Most importantly of all is that my mother appears to be happy there. She has dementia and so doesn't really know me but they tell me she's friendly with everyone and motors around the facility in her wheelchair. I like that the staff there is kind to her. I don't care so much that her and many others spend their days sitting in the hallways while a special group uses the activity room but I don't know all the details of that either.

Services and Amenities of Rest Haven-york

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Rest Haven-york

Rest Haven-york is a senior living provider in York, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Rest Haven-york for more details on services and rates.

Map of Rest Haven-york