Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

October 21, 2016

By Abraham Lincoln

My wife and I have lived at Calaroga Terrace for over three years. In that time, there have been several changes in management styles, some minor and some significant. We would like to recommend a few things: one, hire a dietition for one month to comment on the food and two, use the same approach at dinner that we have at lunch; that is, have one server per table, not one server for lunch and two servers for dinner. With two servers at dinner (one for liquids and soup and salad and one for main dish) we find that it very often takes an inordinate amount of time for the main dish, Last week, for example, it took one hour and fifteen m. for the main dish one day at dinner and one hour another day. Let's try for one trial month to use the same system at lunch and dinner: one server per table. If this change works,great! If it doesn't work, go back to the present approach. Let's admit that it's a trial period of a month; let"s inform the residents one week before beginning the process.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this detailed positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and your suggestions.

January 26, 2016

By Jane119687150

Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace had very comfortable living conditions, and good people who live there. I did have lunch there, and they had great food. They had lots of activities that could be anything from puzzles to off campus where they would go downtown or up the Lloyd Center. The dining area was excellent, open, bright, and full of windows; it's a good spot.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it!

November 30, 2015

By Laurie42

The Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace is a lovely place, but there was no space to walk my mom’s dog. The lady who toured us was really nice. She was absolutely charming. My mom liked everything, except for the fact that she cannot walk her dog. The rooms are acceptable and lovely. The dining room was nice, and so is the common area. The whole facility was clean and well maintained, but they do not have any place to go outside, no outdoor facility. They are actually redoing their patios, but they needed a better outdoor area.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4 star review. We appreciate it!

December 09, 2014

By Vicki30

Calaroga Terrance is where my mother is, and she is very happy there. The staff is very friendly, she said the food is good, and they have extracurricular activities. They are updating the place all the time, so that’s nice too. They offer bingo and shuffle board, they have programs every once in a while, and for Veterans they have holidays. My mom reads a lot, and they have two libraries where she frequently stays. The price is right, and she has lots of views of the city and of the river.

Vicki30, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

March 26, 2014

By Joe4912

Calaroga Terrace is a dated building. We liked the location, and the closeness of the cafeteria to the rooms. We liked the ambassador program that they have because not all do that. There’s independent living and there’s a little bit of a step program before you go to assisted living. The other thing that we liked is they have an all-inclusive meal program. That’s two meals a day. The food is fine, we ate there a couple of times.

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

July 10, 2013

By caring5928

I think we are going to move to the Calaroga. We walked through the facility and saw apartments twice. We ate dinner there one night, met a lot of people who were very friendly and we liked it. It's also a good location for us. The food was very good. The staff was very nice. She really introduced us to people and took us to sit at the table with other people to meet. It was very satisfactory. The rooms are very nice and they have little balconies. We are looking for a large room, so we have to wait. It's not as luxurious or beautiful as some of the others, and it doesn't have a pool, but you can't have it all. I liked a lot of things there; I liked the fact that the people are friendly and that I did not have to put a lot of money down.

Hi Caring5928, thank you for your positive review.

April 28, 2012

By Sherrie1

The apartments are very nice. We chose Calaroga because it just felt the most comfortable of the places we looked at. The staff is wonderful; they are all very friendly and helpful for my uncle. The food service is almost always very good, he has been really happy. The best part is that it's flexiable, he is able to ask for as much assistance as he needs but is given complete privcy and freedom. I'ts close to the MAX line, so he's able to get around really easily. His apartment room is very well kept and modern. We feel very good about our decision to move him there.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback.

Independent Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

April 14, 2017

By Sara888888

They are doing some renovation at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace, especially on the outside of the building, so it looks like a construction zone. Naomi, who is somewhat new, took us around. She was very nice and very capable. The apartments were very nice, and some had nice views of the city. It was a beautiful facility, but for us, it was too large. My husband has very limited mobility and because he uses a walker, he doesn't like to walk long distances. He would have a hard time getting from place to place. However, the apartments were beautiful and some of them were newly renovated, so they looked new and very nice.

Hi Sara, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Your feedback helps us improve and we will use your comments to improve our community for the better. We appreciate you coming in for a tour and hope that you find the community that best your needs. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

January 31, 2014

By Nancy84524750

Mom stayed at Pacifica for three days. I couldn't rate them higher. The paperwork went very smoothly and the nurse was at our home within like two or three days to give Mom an evaluation. They were welcoming. Everyone was very kind. The place was immaculate. They have six or seven cottages with 14 patients in each cottage and then they have staff there to take care of those folks. The staff was great. I felt comfortable with the program that they have there for caring. Mom was as happy as she could be while she was there. I would recommend them very highly. My mother came home clean and fresh. Overall, I thought it's a wonderful place. I wish I could do that for my mother but financially it's just not in the card, but it's wonderful for respite. It is so reasonable; they don't cost as much as a downtown hotel room. I am pleased to leave my mother in their care for a short period of time.

October 16, 2013

We have placed our uncle into Calaroga Terrace. This is our choice because it was a month-to-month and because of its location. As a whole, the facility is okay. It suits my uncle's needs. My uncle is blind and sometimes people would help him out. They seem to know him. Sometimes they would tell him that there are events that are happening. However, I think they need a better activity coordinator. Because my uncle is unable to read their bulletins, he is not made aware of events that he can participate. Nevertheless, it's going okay and they're doing a good job.

Hi Caring70289850, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace!

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Assisted living program at Pacifica Calaroga Terrace provides seniors with the supportive services they need to continue living as independently and vibrantly as possible. Our highly trained Wellness Team creates a customized, personal care program for each resident based on an assessment conducted with the resident and his or her family prior to move-in, ensuring all needs will be met properly.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offers an ever-changing calendar of events to residents seven days a week, from morning till evening. An active social life is a great way to make the days interesting, but there are benefits to companionship that reach far beyond keeping busy. Some of the activities offered, exercise and maintain health, enjoy exciting outings and excursions . . . and so much more.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Calaroga is often described as a city within a city and is the only retirement community located in the downtown Portland area that offers a simple month-to-month rent with no large buy-in or entrance fee. We are located in inner NE Portland between the sports arenas (Moda Center and Memorial Coliseum), and Lloyd Center Shopping Mall. We are very conveniently located by Rose Quarter Transit hub and have access to Portland Streetcar, MAX, and TriMet Buses within blocks and are just off I-5 for those that are driving.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offer to assisted living residents?

We have a full-time, certified chauffeur is available for private transportation through the community’s transportation department. Scheduled services take residents to nearby medical appointments, shopping trips, religious services, banks, postal services and more. We also have a Full Time bus driver providing additional trips to group events such theater, symphony, and scenic drives.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining is a delight at Pacifica Senior Living. Meals are prepared fresh daily by our on-site chefs and are served in beautifully appointed restaurant-style settings by attentive dining room staff.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offer to assisted living residents?

Licensed nurse is on sight and on-call 24/7. Our compassionate, highly skilled, clinical experts focus on the well-being of each of the residents. Our wellness team provides individual assessments, medication administration, health monitoring and health education. We also provide assistance in coordinating care with the family and the doctor. Our goal is to be sure that each resident receives the health attention they require to live a vibrant and fulfilling life. We also have a Wellness Directors work on sight that works alongside our team to create a wellness plan specifically tailored to each and every one of our residents.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly family meeting are held for family to be able to bond with the staff and be able to asks any questions or address any concerns they might have.

If Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Pets are part of the family at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace. The communities have designated pet areas for convenience.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace provides on going monthly training for each staff member. All the staff has to maintained 12 hours of continuing education class for the year.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active seniors retire to carefree living at its best. No housework. No yardwork. No worries. Just time to spend as they choose. Our communities feature spacious apartment homes, amenities, services and engaging programs – all designed to provide residents with the lifestyle to which they’ve aspired.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are very conveniently located by the Lloyd Center Mall, Rose Quarter Transit hub and have access to Portland Streetcar, MAX, and TriMet Buses within blocks and are just off I-5 for those that are driving.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace has organized?

The array of activities and events we offer reflects the interest of the people who chose to call Calaroga home. We explore the culture, food, music, and dance of different regions around the globe. We also offer regularly scheduled exercise classes, card/game nights, theme dinners, shopping trips, theatre and symphony outings, and excursions to interesting events and places.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our main dining room is sophisticated and elegant. We urge families to dine with their loved ones often, as they would. Our talented and professionally trained chefs create meals that are flavorful, nutritious, and presented well. Weekly menu selections are diverse and rotated regularly. Because taste and nutrition are priorities, ingredients are of very high quality. • Accommodation of special dietary needs and preferences • Soup and Salad Bar • Weekly themed Happy hour • Wait staff service in main dining room

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

• Fitness room • Convenience store • Creative arts studio • Game rooms and classrooms • Library • And much more

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace offer to independent living residents?

N/A

Does Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Not at this time

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Yes
  • State Licenses: 50R009

About Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace

Award winning pet friendly Independent & Assisted Living retirement community located in the downtown Portland area with simple month-to-month rent with no large buy-in or entrance fee. A 17-story high-rise in the heart of the Lloyd District, Calaroga Terrace is a city within a city.

Residents enjoy access to their own bank, beauty and barber shop, grocery store, chapel, post office, auditorium, and dining room. From studios to two-bedroom apartment homes with expansive views of the Willamette River and downtown Portland, we have several floor plan options to fit your lifestyle and budget. Enjoy views of downtown Portland & Mount Hood from your private balcony. All apartment homes are equipped with individually-controlled heating and air conditioning along with free cable television, local telephone calls and the flexibility of month-to-month rent. We also provide our residents with delicious chef prepared meals, convenient and secured parking, free wireless Internet, scheduled transportation, social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping. Calaroga Terrace also provides a Residential Care program designed for those who need personal assistance with activities of daily living. Whether it is bathing, dressing, or administering medications, our dedicated caregivers are available at our residents' request for those inevitable times when a little more help is required. These continuing care options allow our residents to stay in their home at Calaroga Terrace.

Calaroga is a 17 story high rise building in NE Portland, very close to downtown, that is perfect for seniors who are looking for an urban lifestyle. Located a few blocks from the Maxx Lightrail system, 1 block from the Portland Streetcar, and within walking distance to local attractions, shopping, restaurants, etc., it is an ideal setting for those that appreciate having easy access to local amenities and activities.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Calaroga Terrace