Wesleyan Village

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, Adult Day Care, and Memory Care

807 West Avenue, Elyria, OH 44035
Wesleyan Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Wesleyan Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Wesleyan Village

December 26, 2014

My best option would be Wesleyan Village. They have everything there. As a matter of fact, they even have a skilled nursing home for my wife. They have assisted living. They have patio homes. The staff was really good. The activities program was full. Wesleyan Village was a big operation. It was expensive, but their system is set up that when you run out of resources, they will keep you under your expenses.

August 18, 2014

By Martha's daughter

Our mother was a resident of the Wesleyan Village for nineteen years--first living independently, then in assisted living, followed by skilled nursing. All the staff at the Village supported her in caring, thoughtful, attentive ways. Because my sister and I were long-distance care-givers, we were especially aware of and attentive to the good quality of her care. Everyone--nursing staff, social workers, chaplain, aides, those providing support services, folks at the front desk, even maintenance and tech support--were helpful and kind. We have been deeply grateful to the Wesleyan Village.

June 15, 2012

By MysticBren

I was encouraged to learn that there were many options open to my parents for what type of situation they wanted. I am relieved to learn they can have their own apartment and yet have someone there to monitor my mother's health. My parents are very independent minded and don't want to think of themselves as being in a situation where they can't lock their door and know their property won't be disturbed. I like the fact that they have the option to either cook for themselves or eat in the cafeteria and that someone is there to help with household chores.The one thing that did disturb me is how expensive the cost is. However, after thinking it over, I feel the cost is well worth knowing they would be safe. I would be very relieved to have them in a place such as this and want to look into options for help paying for them to live there.I like the idea that there are activities for them, and even transportation to and from doctor appointments.

April 25, 2012

By balmpb

This facility is very nice. The outside is very well kept and has wonderful curb appeal. The staff that works here do an amazing job at keeping the rooms neat and orderly. They are very friendly and genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with all of the residents. The nurses always took wonderful care of my grandfather and made sure that he was happy up until the day he passed. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone!

Nursing Home Reviews for Wesleyan Village

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses

• Home Sale Assistance

About Wesleyan Village

Welcome to Wesleyan Senior Living

As a not-for-profit organization, we’re focused on your needs and making life easier and more rewarding. At a Wesleyan Senior Living community, each day brings new opportunities to learn, play and pursue your interests, connect with others and make new friends. Even the fees you pay are invested back into the services and amenities you use every day. At Wesleyan Senior Living, we truly care about you.

Wesleyan Village Assisted Living, our senior community in Elyria, is a great choice for convenience, wellness and maintenance-free living. Residents can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner, regular housekeeping, access to timesaving amenities such as postal services, on-site banking and a hair salon. Some plans include all utilities and basic cable services. Retirement living as it’s meant to be, stress-free!

• Swim in our pool and enjoy a soothing soak in our whirlpool
  • Take exercise classes
  • Indulge you creative side with arts and crafts
  • Have your hair styled in our Salon
  • Participate in spiritual activities in our Chapel
  • Attend social, cultural and educational programs, on campus and away
  • Join neighbors for a game of cards, a cup of coffee, or engaging conversation

Beacon House offers specialized Memory Care. When a loved one suffers from Alzheimer’s, dementia or other memory loss issues, the entire family is affected. Based in a collaborative care model, Wesleyan Senior Living’s Memory Care program promotes holistic wellness, for our residents AND their families. We bring together gerontologists, doctors and nurses, case managers and other professional staff to create a care plan individually tailored for our senior resident.

Our Memory Care residents live in safe, stimulating comfort with familiar living areas and compassionate, collaborative, staff.

Along with everyday care, Wesleyan’s specially trained staff encourages each resident to explore, learn and grow in their own way. Family and friends become part of the community as well.

Family, friends and residents participate in a variety of individual and group activities. Activities such as cooking, music appreciation, reading, exercising and reminiscing provide enjoyable diversions but also help to preserve independence and social connections.

• Private or shared accommodations
  • Safe, comfortable, secure living space
  • Access to garden courtyard with walking paths
  • Nutritious and appetizing family-style meals
  • Housekeeping and laundry services included
  • Specially designed social, community and cultural activities
  • Aquarium, aviary and pet therapy
  • Personalized assistance, including help with medication, dressing and bathing, depending on each individual’s needs
  • Fully licensed, 24-hour staff

Wesleyan Meadows is part of the Wesleyan Senior Living Continuing Care Community and shares their passion for healthy living. Wesleyan Village is a partner of Masterpiece Living® so both campuses take advantage of this culture and methodology for successful aging.

The end result is a group of healthy and vibrant individuals that are statistically better prepared to reduce the 12 Risk Factors of Aging as identified by the Mayo Clinic. Through a self-paced and results-oriented curriculum, participants in Masterpiece Living experience increases in social interaction, self-awareness, a greater sense of purpose and higher states of physical and mental conditioning.

The Community Center offers a variety of amenities and opportunities to participate in on-site wellness and creative activities. Residents of Wesleyan Meadows also enjoy full access to the amenities of Wesleyan Village. Make new friends, entertain family, relax in the Meadows’ glorious grounds. Active, independent seniors will find this retirement community fits the bill in every way.

• Attend a special event in the Sheffield Room
  • Build something in our Woodshop
  • Exercise in our Fitness Room
  • Enjoy arts and crafts
  • Play cards and games in our Game Room
  • Peruse the Library
  • Participate in spiritual activities
  • Take a day trip to a Cleveland museum, concert or sporting event
  • Catch up with friends at the afternoon Coffee Klatch in the Community Center

Feel free to call our offices to answer any of your questions, to schedule a tour or discuss financial assistance programs. We welcome an opportunity to assist you.

We’re focused on your needs and making life easier and more rewarding. At a Wesleyan Senior Living community, each day brings new opportunities to learn, play and pursue your interests, connect with others and make new friends. At Wesleyan Senior Living, we truly care about you

Map of Wesleyan Village