Aldersgate

Assisted Living Reviews for Aldersgate

Independent Living Reviews for Aldersgate

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Aldersgate

May 15, 2015

I like Aldersgate, but the price was very expensive.  They're all Methodist, which we are.  I like the restaurants, the grill, the grounds, and the arthritic pool.  The staff were all very pleasant while I was there.  We looked at the independent living cottages -- two-bedroom two-bed cottages -- but we did look at the apartments too, and they were nice.  They got a new section going up starting now.  They had a keypad to check on you every morning that you're supposed to respond back and a lot of electronic stuff.  They were pretty modern.

December 09, 2014

By caring9768

Aldersgate offers a modified contract where if you have to go into assisted living or to more specialized care, then you pay additional fees. I would think that the general hospitality of the staff as well as the friendliness of the residents was a big plus there. It was an older facility.

September 26, 2014

By AndrewTrammell

A family friend was recently discharged from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility. We were given 5 choices. After reviewing these choices we found that only one of the choices had a 5 star rating and the others were all around 1 star. The 5 star facility was Asbury Care Center at Aldersgate. Needless to say that is exactly where my friend went. The entire process was fast, efficient and basically perfect. The entire process from admissions, social work, food preparation and nursing was exceptional. My hat is off to the staff at Asbury Care for taking care of business and my friend.

July 28, 2012

By Donnajean1

My Mother moved from FL to Aldersgate when she was 80. She is now 89. There is any service available here and the whole staff is so friendly and ready to assistant when needed or answer any questions when a need arises. All living levels are available here. My Mother lives in the independent living with assisted living, nursing or demencia facilities available if/when they would be needed. I rate this center a 5 star with no hesitation what so ever.

July 05, 2011

By sunside3174

My husband's parents are currently living at Aldersgate in Charlotte. They like being close to my husband's side of the family, and grandchildren can come visit them often. The community was founded by members of the Methodist church, but it's open to residents of all faiths and beliefs. In fact, several of my mother-in-laws friends are Catholic and currently living there. Aldersgate is very large and well-organized on 227 acres of land. It has a college campus feel to it, with nicely designed architecture, residence halls, and plenty of land. My mother-in-law enjoys bridge, card games and exercise classes. She is very social and has made a lot of friends in the community. My father-in-law (more reserved) enjoys monthly outings and art classes. Employees at Aldersgate have always been friendly and attentive. The meals I have enjoyed at Aldersgate were tasty, and my husband has not heard any complaints from his parents about the food. Pricing is reasonable and fair, and we definitely recommend Aldersgate to other families in the Charlotte area.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Photos of Aldersgate

Services and Amenities of Aldersgate

• Fee Structure Extra: 10% Hold Deposit , 90%, 50%, 0% Options (Ccrc)

• Condos Townhomes

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Movie Theater, Woodworking Shop, Greenhouse, On Site Banking

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Classes, Spanish Classes, Movies, Shopping, Dance Lessons, Sporting Events, Theatre, Fishing

• Home Sale Assistance

• Diet Extra: Food From Garden, Healthy, All Special Diets Welcome

• Pets: Yes

• Personal Care Assistants
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: 10 Seat Dialysis Center, Full Rehab Center, Respiratory Therapy, Aquatic Therapy

Types of care

• Check

• Licenses: HAL-060-054, HAL-060-059
  • State Licenses: HAL-060-054, HAL-060-059

About Aldersgate

Founded in 1948, Aldersgate, a continuing care retirement community, is located on a 227-acre campus that is situated within just a short drive of scenic Charlotte, North Carolina. Small town closeness is very much a part of life here. Life is about choices at Aldersgate from 500 square feet apartment residences to spacious cottages with well over 2000 square feet of living space. Your home can be whatever you choose to make it. You also have the ability to choose the type and level of care you may or may not require, from a totally independent lifestyle to around the clock skilled nursing support. At Aldersgate you'll find the friends, the facilities and the opportunities to do the things you love.

Map of Aldersgate