Aldersgate

Reviews of Aldersgate

Assisted Living Reviews for Aldersgate

June 19, 2015

By Jennifer105828450

My grandfather was in Aldersgate; they went all the way to help my him, and I appreciated that. The staff was nice and caring. They had different events and activities like bingo, they had a little garden and he liked it, they can go there and do some gardening, and they had church service. The rooms were nice, he had a hospital bed, the food was really good, and it never had a foul smell.

August 25, 2013

By Pamela9

We moved my Mom to Cuthbertson Village at Aldersgate and the care that they give there is wonderful. The staff is very good and knowledgeable; they really take good care of my mom. The food is very good. They feed her according to a diet, which is specific to her. She has a very big bedroom with a very big bathroom. If you go down the hall, there is a big living room, kitchen and a nice big dining room. If you keep going down the hall, they have a town square and different rooms on the town square. One is a soda jerk, there a movie theater, a five and dime, a garden shop, and a pet shop. There is a stage around the corner where they have music including groups who come sing or play instruments. There is a big swimming pool and a great big garden where they can walk or sit; it is enclosed by a 7-foot tall fence so they cannot wander.

June 29, 2012

By AldyFriend

The staff at this place is wonderful and friendly. I feel that my grandfather is well taken care of. Whenever I visit Aldersgate I have a positive experience and the food is pretty good. He feels like he has a sense of independence living there and that benefits him. He used to have a car there until his vision when bad. He also lets me drive the golf cart around. The staff can make even the worst day become better. It's very nice to see that kind of experience.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

Charlotte, NC This is a lovely setting for seniors who are still completely independent as well as those who require the convenience and security offered through an assisted living facility. The grounds and buildings are well maintained and the landscaped surroundings add to the tranquil atmosphere. The trees and gardens are a refreshing change from the nearby city environment. Residents get to enjoy a variety of scheduled classes and events that help keep them active and involved. There are fitness classes that range from yoga to Wii and of course the heated indoor swimming pool offers the chance for seniors to stay in shape and relax throughout the year. The chefs and dietary staff prepare 3 meals a day and snacks are always available. The meals are flavorful, healthy and well-balanced, and dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Restaurants are located close by and apartments include kitchen areas where meals can also be prepared. The choice of where and what to eat is generally left up to each resident. As a member of the assisted living family there will be staff to help you with household chores, mobility issues, personal grooming or medication needs. This type of personal assistance is tailored to the requirements of each individual and the level of care can always be changed depending on the circumstances that are involved.

Independent Living Reviews for Aldersgate

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Aldersgate

March 27, 2016

By Robert122251750

Aldersgate was expensive, with an entry cost of $7,800. I walked in for a brochure. The staff seemed nice. It was immaculately clean and had a marbled floor. Everybody seemed to have a walker.

June 18, 2015

Aldersgate was as good as it gets. They had a wonderful pool, and they had a fitness center. They also had a greenhouse and a rose garden that you can work in and a pond where you can go fishing. To me, this one was the premiere one that we have seen so far. I would definitely recommend this.

May 15, 2015

I like Aldersgate, but the price was very expensive.  They're all Methodist, which we are.  I like the restaurants, the grill, the grounds, and the arthritic pool.  The staff were all very pleasant while I was there.  We looked at the independent living cottages -- two-bedroom two-bed cottages -- but we did look at the apartments too, and they were nice.  They got a new section going up starting now.  They had a keypad to check on you every morning that you're supposed to respond back and a lot of electronic stuff.  They were pretty modern.

December 09, 2014

By caring9768

Aldersgate offers a modified contract where if you have to go into assisted living or to more specialized care, then you pay additional fees. I would think that the general hospitality of the staff as well as the friendliness of the residents was a big plus there. It was an older facility.

September 26, 2014

By AndrewTrammell

A family friend was recently discharged from the hospital to a skilled nursing facility. We were given 5 choices. After reviewing these choices we found that only one of the choices had a 5 star rating and the others were all around 1 star. The 5 star facility was Asbury Care Center at Aldersgate. Needless to say that is exactly where my friend went. The entire process was fast, efficient and basically perfect. The entire process from admissions, social work, food preparation and nursing was exceptional. My hat is off to the staff at Asbury Care for taking care of business and my friend.

July 28, 2012

By Donnajean1

My Mother moved from FL to Aldersgate when she was 80. She is now 89. There is any service available here and the whole staff is so friendly and ready to assistant when needed or answer any questions when a need arises. All living levels are available here. My Mother lives in the independent living with assisted living, nursing or demencia facilities available if/when they would be needed. I rate this center a 5 star with no hesitation what so ever.

July 05, 2011

By sunside3174

My husband's parents are currently living at Aldersgate in Charlotte. They like being close to my husband's side of the family, and grandchildren can come visit them often. The community was founded by members of the Methodist church, but it's open to residents of all faiths and beliefs. In fact, several of my mother-in-laws friends are Catholic and currently living there. Aldersgate is very large and well-organized on 227 acres of land. It has a college campus feel to it, with nicely designed architecture, residence halls, and plenty of land. My mother-in-law enjoys bridge, card games and exercise classes. She is very social and has made a lot of friends in the community. My father-in-law (more reserved) enjoys monthly outings and art classes. Employees at Aldersgate have always been friendly and attentive. The meals I have enjoyed at Aldersgate were tasty, and my husband has not heard any complaints from his parents about the food. Pricing is reasonable and fair, and we definitely recommend Aldersgate to other families in the Charlotte area.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

About Aldersgate

Founded in 1948, Aldersgate, a continuing care retirement community, is located on a 227-acre campus that is situated within just a short drive of scenic Charlotte, North Carolina. Small town closeness is very much a part of life here. Life is about choices at Aldersgate from 500 square feet apartment residences to spacious cottages with well over 2000 square feet of living space. Your home can be whatever you choose to make it. You also have the ability to choose the type and level of care you may or may not require, from a totally independent lifestyle to around the clock skilled nursing support. At Aldersgate you'll find the friends, the facilities and the opportunities to do the things you love.

Map of Aldersgate