Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck

Reviews of Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck

Nursing Home Reviews for Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck

June 01, 2015

By admiral

I love the place my grandfather had a severe stroke and he recovered in this place. I would like to share my great experience with people whose love ones need professional care. Highfiled gardens is the best place to place your love ones.

April 04, 2015

By mazal

Do NOT send a loved one here if they are recovering from a brain stem stroke. I wouldn't send a loved one here after any type of stroke. Speech services are TERRIBLE!!! My parent was never taught the "K" type exercises and others which are essential to regaining the ability to swallow. As for the physical therapy department, I was frequently told that my parent wasn't cooperative because of not following directions. This was not my first experience with rehab for a stroke patient. The physical therapy department staff should have recognized that a stroke is a brain and that my parent wasn't being uncooperative but was incapable of following their directions. There are some very, caring nursing staff but that isn't enough to compensate for the inability to properly rehabilitate their residents.

February 26, 2014

By Caring20712350

Highfield Gardens is a terrible place. It was filthy, it was dirty. That was the worst place my husband was at. The staff was not helpful. It’s depressing. They put him in a room where above him, the radio would blast all day long and they wouldn’t do anything about it. He had gotten to a stage where he didn’t eat that much. They did have activities but he couldn’t really take part. They’d have to revamp the whole thing.

About Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck

Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck is a senior living provider in Great Neck, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck for more details on services and rates.

Map of Highfield Gardens Care Center of Great Neck