Brookeville House Assisted Living Brookeville, MD

Reviews of Brookeville House Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookeville House Assisted Living

April 08, 2019

By katwomansz

That is the most cleanest, beautiful I have visited. Large furnished rooms with small communities to make it more homey. Each with a cook that prepares meals from scratch. Eric has a full day of activities that he scales to each individual resident and their needs. They have a larger building just for community concerts and events. I believe they treat the staff better than others which makes all the difference. Pricier than most with separate fees for services.

August 21, 2018

By VT

My father was at Brookeville House for 10 months. The place was beautiful and very clean. My dad had dementia so he really wasn't capable of doing a lot, but they didn't have any activities going on during the day. That was a little disappointing; however, it was fine for him because he wasn't social and he wasn't really with it anyway. Overall, I think the care was good. He always got enough to eat, and he was clean. However, they had a turnover of managers right before we came and while we were there, the manager and assistant manager left. It was tense for a while truthfully because they didn't want the manager to talk to me, so it was a little strange. Nevertheless, the place was beautiful and the care was good, and that's all I care about. My father had a very nice room in the lower level when he first got there, but they were having some difficulties with him because he was getting up at night, so they moved him upstairs. It was a smaller room, but it was closer to the caregiver, so it was very nice. One of the things that I really want him to be able to do was to go outside, but they didn't go outside with him, which was a little disappointing. The staff was very good. They were very nice and very attentive. The place was beautiful, very nice, and very clean. It's much nicer than most places, but they didn't have a place for activities. The pricing was very good.

Thank you for your review we appreciate your kind comments. We have been in business since 2009 and provide the utmost quality care at an affordable price for our seniors. Your Father was a wonderful person, even with his dementia, he had a great sense of humor and loved to eat meals with the rest of the residents. We are so sorry for your loss, your Father will be truly missed but never forgotten. Although he could not participate in any of our activities, Brookeville House does follow a scheduled activity calendar. Activities include exercise, bingo, social tea time, crafts, music and dance. Residents are taken outside by our staff weather permitting and if they are well enough to be outside. Our records do show that he was taken outside during the good weather days in the Spring and Summer. But towards the end of his life under hospice care with us he was not able to be moved comfortably and the weather was Fall and Winter. It is the managers responsibility to ensure that the activity calendar is being followed by the staff. Unfortunately, we did have a turnover in managers during your Fathers time with us. The previous manager and her assistant left with no notice and attempted to recruit our good staff and residents. This will never happen again because we have learned from that situation and have put policies in place within our hiring agreement that will protect us from being victimized. As you were aware our previous manager who was on family leave returned to us and has resumed her role. She started with our company back in 2013 but took a leave of absence in 2016. Since her return Brookeville House has had consistent professional management that adheres to our companies policies and procedures.

July 30, 2018

By Robert

Our experience with Brookeville House has so far been good. We're quite pleased with it. It's a beautiful place. The other residents are very old women, but the help seems quite good and efficient. It's small with only eight people, but it's a well-run place. They have doctors who come in weekly, so we have no complaints so far. The menu also looks fine, although I haven't tasted the food. Compared to other assisted living places with eight people that we saw, I would rank Brookeville House 5 stars. We chose them because they seem more responsive to enquiries and discussions than other places. So far, we had found a good place, the staff has been great, and the place is quite immaculately kept very well. The other people there are not really people my brother-in-law could talk to but that could change.

Costs for Brookeville House Assisted Living

Photos of Brookeville House Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Brookeville House Assisted Living

• Housing Extra: Private Bedrooms And Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 15AL0430-D

• Get Costs

About Brookeville House Assisted Living

Our homes cater only to a small group of seniors. That way our qualified staff can pay the utmost attention to their needs and wants.

Come live the life you deserve! Quality care from people who care. Here at the Brookeville House you can be assured that all of your needs are met with 24/7 compassionate staff. Enjoy the executive style home with the security of knowing that you can be independent and have assistance when needed.

We have in house Doctors, Geriatric Nurses, Medication Technicians and all of our employees are licensed and certified. We also have an In House Lab and a 24 hour awake staff to assist your loved ones! We do not price by care level. We price by room style so we are very excited to talk with you!

We provide long term and short term stays. We customize our programs, menues and activities to the individual. We offer a worry free atmosphere that allows peace of mind not only for the resident but for the family. Families are a very important part of our household and are always welcome.

Map of Brookeville House Assisted Living