Sunrise of Louisville

6700 Overlook Drive, Louisville, KY 40241
Sunrise of Louisville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 186 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Louisville

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Louisville

December 29, 2016

By notworththemoney

Sunrise is a nice facility, with modern and clean living spaces but the caretaking is poor. There is a lot of turnover, and staff aren't adequately trained to care for residents with Alzheimer's. I can only speak of the memory care unit, not the other floors for residents only in need of minor assistance. If your loved one needs regular help with showering, incontinence, or eating, this place can't handle that. They don't have enough properly trained staff, despite paying huge amounts of money for care. And they will push sedative medications without your permission, rather than work on building rapport and techniques to redirect residents who are confused or frustrated. They don't provide the activities or cognitive therapies promised on their website or when you first meet with the management. Be ware of the used salesman run around whenever you question what you're paying for.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

December 27, 2016

By Brenda486624

Sunrise of Louisville is awesome, wonderful, and caring. My friend is thriving. They meet the needs of a home, not an institution. They take a personal interest in their residents and their families or caregivers. It?s like you have turned your loved ones over to a larger family. I have not found any fault with them whatsoever. My friend has been accepted, and it couldn't be a better fit.

November 05, 2016

By Aimee887345

Sunrise of Louisville was extraordinary, and this would be the ideal place. For someone like my father -- who has Lewy Body Dementia -- and from what I have read on the internet, it is better to make it more like a home setting, and I saw that in Sunrise. They have an area where you can go and sit with your family and your family can take care of the food; that to us was ideal. It doesn’t have the institutional setting that most of them have.

August 22, 2016

By George117107

I was very impressed with Sunrise of Louisville and its apartments, except for some very small ones. I was not so impressed with the fact that they didn't have a lot of nurse's assistants. They had two or three nurses and a bunch of caregivers, but no CNAs. The food was very good.

October 19, 2015

By Michael114672750

We visited Sunrise of Louisville. They were very accommodating and it was beautiful inside. It was very nice. We had a great tour. The only thing negative about Sunrise was it was 45 minutes from my mom's home. Everything was good.

March 27, 2015

Sunrise was excellent. It was far and above any place else we visited on our option list, but it was too expensive for my mother-in-law. That was the only reason why we didn't choose it, but we were very impressed with them. It was clean and very welcoming. The furnishings were nice. The rooms were very well appointed.

September 11, 2014

By W.R.

I first looked at Sunrise, and I liked it very much. I in fact did opt for that one first. I called my daughter off of any further proceedings after I saw the other facility. The rooms were nice and much more than adequate. The staff is very friendly; in fact, I had two ladies who came to visit and interviewed me in my home after I’d seen the place. It was very clean. I was satisfied with the first one that I saw, and it was only because of a quieter location that I took the second one. Otherwise, I would rate both the same, very good

September 30, 2013

By Jeanie1

Sunrise of Louisville was a really nice two-story facility. Their rooms were nice. They had a lot of activities. I liked that it was a security area and they had firewalls. I liked it also that they had a chef. However, it was a little more expensive and little too far from where I lived.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Louisville