Fountainview

Reviews of Fountainview

Assisted Living Reviews for Fountainview

August 29, 2016

By Dee634824

Fountainview was not my cup of tea. The lady who showed it to us was lovely, very nice, and informative. The apartment was clean and very efficient. When I was there, the residents were all lined up with their walkers getting ready to have dinner at 4 p.m. They had tons of activities. I didn't feel good there. I just was not happy there. It was just a feeling I had there. The cost was significantly cheaper.

Hi Dee, We were disappointed to hear that Fountainview didn't live up to your expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback you can give - we are always striving to improve.

February 10, 2016

By Marilyn21189450

I visited one near me called Fountainview, and that’s the one I like the best. I spent two hours with a staff there including lunch; which was absolutely delicious. The facility was immaculate. It offered just about anything I would ever want to do, e.g., all kinds of classes, two meals a day, a refrigerator, and a small kitchen. It is terrific. Plus, they keep updating the rooms. Everything I saw was in terrific condition. You are allowed to cook. It has a stove, a refrigerator, a sink, a little bit of counterspace, and a place to sit to eat. The smallest room was $1695 a month, and the nicest room was about $3000. They have exercise, discussion groups, and lectures of interest.

December 21, 2015

By A Fellow Reviewer21

I thought Fountainview had a good concept. They had lots of activities for the people. They had quick access for the dog walking. The only negative to be found in the whole thing was that in order to go from place to place, you had to go outside, because they had five buildings. The people working there were very nice, very warm, and very professional. The lady that toured us around was Sandy. She was very knowledgeable. We saw some activities. They were playing bingo. We went to a grill, and the food was pretty good.

October 27, 2015

I liked the setup at Fountainview. They were able to answer all my questions. They were very helpful and informative. They did follow up with me afterwards. I liked the size of the rooms. They had the pool situated to where the dining area was. They went over the activities that they offered, and I was happy with the tour.

July 28, 2015

Everything at Fountainview was very nice. Actually my mother just passed away last week, but she enjoyed herself there. The room was beautiful, and they kept it clean. They did laundry for her once a week. The food there was excellent. I actually ate a couple of times there, and it was very, very good.

July 20, 2015

Fountainview would have been my second choice. It was the 3rd floor and the better view. They couldn’t change the wall color; I would have to repaint it myself. I felt it was awfully yellow and didn’t match with the rug. They have a hot tub which I’m going to miss. They said they could get us to the doctor we were used to. The staff was wonderful to us.

May 20, 2015

By Terrrapin

Well. its been a year and seems like the place is going to need some major changes. I have noticed a decline in the quality and quantity of food, elevators constantly breaking,staff change over constantly. These are not good signs for a better quality of life. While some of the staff is great, others are not. I cant understand how anyone can judge a facility by the name 5 stars an a meal. Speak to other residents and dont judge a place by one visit.

March 04, 2015

By tonym

i visited the Fountainview once-and spoke to a lovely lady MS. Syphurs----she was her helping us to understand all that was available there--and she was very knowledgeable and courteous to us--in every way. we have still not decided to put my mom in any senior development--but if we do--it WILL BE the Fountainview-because of MS. Syphurs

February 09, 2015

By Ann101203050

The facilities at Fountainview are older, but the care is good. It is a big enough area where my mother can walk around it every day. It is half a mile around the building, so in that respect, it is good for her. They have a dining room for the assisted living. If the residents don't want to eat there, they can eat in the main dining room. I have eaten there with my mother, and the food there is quite good. They provide transportation, and they have regular routes. They go to Target, then the bank, and then the doctors. They know who gets off to what stop and then make sure they bring them back. Some of the apartments have been redone, but obviously people have not taken care of them. Basically it was built like in the 1980's, and it honestly needs a facelift. But one of the major positives is the very good and very kind staff. The assisted living director is extremely good. She is doing whatever she can to get things straight. She is trying to get things clean and trying to get things done.

January 29, 2015

The apartments were small at Fountainview, and I did not like the area. It had buildings all around it. You had to call for a cart to take you over to dinner or go to a gym, and I thought it was not for us. The dining areas were lovely. It was nicely set up, but I have not eaten there. The staff was very nice, but I did not like the facility.

December 06, 2014

Mom is at Fountainview, and the facility is very clean. It?s a very good place. They keep the grounds very nice, and they have ample staff. She has a one bedroom apartment, and it?s more than enough for what she needs. They offer a lot of activities -- everything from bingo, cards, and taking people out during the day. They also have a medical facility there. They offer full services. My mom likes the food.

October 16, 2014

Fountainview is very, very nice for independent living. My parents were in their assisted living. The dining room in their assisted living is very small, and they really didn’t have enough room for the people. Mom is more independent than my dad, and she liked to eat in the independent living's dining room. It was nicer and they have more choices, they have more courses, and the people were more conversational. They were happy with the facility. They had a two-bedroom apartment with a balcony. They could see a fountain from the balcony.

July 31, 2014

By Mr. Levine

My dad had stayed at the Fountainview and everything was fine when he was there. It was a great adult oriented community. The staff was resident oriented. They had a clubhouse and a maintained lake. They had a dining facility. They had a library. They had events and activities like bingo and ice cream social in addition to religion. I would highly recommend this facility for any aging individual.

July 09, 2014

By Mary88779050

Mother is in Fountainview. She's in assisted living. The thing is, we can't really afford it. My mother has been there for over a year. She has a 1-bedroom. I bought the microwave, and she has a stove and a refrigerator. It has a really small living area, and she has a bathroom with a shower and everything that fits for her. It's very nice there. She's on the fifth floor and they have balconies, and she's right over a couple of ponds. It's beautiful; all you see is water. They have a rehab center. It's almost $4,000 a month, and you have to pay for people to go with her to appointments, and we have to pay them for giving them medications. The staff is very nice; the food is excellent. She goes to all the activities. They have a little exercise and stretching. They read to them the local news. She plays bingo, pokeno. They have movies. People will come in where her area is and play the piano. They take them out to eat. They take them on rides to just see things, like Christmas. They take them to the ocean. They take them to the mall right down the street. I'm just happy she's happy. They have a card room, computers, arts and crafts. They make some of the nicest things. They have shuffleboard, a putting green, a tennis court. I have some issues with them. They haven't fixed their ice machines, and they were supposed to do that before. They found some bugs in her room, so the bug guy came in. She didn't get her bedspread back. They washed it and she never got it back.

June 30, 2014

By Seymore2

I was very favorably impressed with Fountainview. It was beautiful and the location was excellent. The young ladies that gave me and my daughter a tour were very knowledgeable, forthright and answered all our questions. The staff was attentive. The apartments were beautiful. It was very large, bright and open with a full kitchen and a nice area for kitchen table. The hallways were very nice and wide and so as the elevator. The laundry facilities were convenient. The dining room was very nice with big panoramic windows. We had lunch there. The food was excellent and was served beautifully. The service was excellent. The pool area was beautiful. However, I felt like their theater area wasn't large enough for their residents. I was considering making a move there. The reason I hadn't done so was the price.

June 17, 2014

My son and daughter-in-law have been to Fountainview, and they liked it. That's why they brought me there, and I was very happy with the reception that I had. The facility seemed very nice. It was clean. It was very well kept inside and outside. It was very professional, and yet it wasn't stuffy. The people seemed very happy there. We were there when they were starting a very early dinner, and everybody seemed fine. I would consider it in the future.

March 27, 2014

By Wendy20

I only have the highest accolades for Fountainview. The facilities are beautiful. The people are warm, friendly and caring. The food is tasty. My parents have gone through some crises and they're back on their feet again, so there was enough care. I think as a facility, there was enough care. My parents are 94 years old, and they are living the fullest life they can. They have entertainment almost every night: cultural, popular, professor lectures and movies. They have a little bit of dancing for Valentines or Veterans' Day. On everyone's birthday, there's something special.

December 30, 2013

By Seymore

October 09, 2013

By bigalbie

I have a two bedroom, two bath, living room and kitchen. What I like best about the facility is the price. People here are very nice: the food is good; the accommodations are good. I have no complaints whatsoever.

June 13, 2013

By Barry3

Everybody was extremely helpful and nice at Fountainview. I had no complaints at all. My mom is very contented there.

May 22, 2013

By Ava5

I liked Fountainview very much. But the facility was too big for my father who is blind. It was also too far away. But they were very helpful and very nice. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

May 12, 2013

By mullensmary

I and my husband were to stay one night to try out the Fountain View and are both are in wheelchairs and I have a service dog. Things management reviewed with us in our initial meeting: Scooters are not permitted on the covered-bridges in the complex, unless it is raining; We will have to get liability insurance for the scooters; They asked is my service dog would be going with us to the dining room, my husband mentioned ADA gives us the right for her to go everywhere with us & management proceeded to explain that, this is a private property and do not have to follow ADA, & he mentioned he makes the rules; He asked if we would be willing to remove the dog from the apartment when the cleaning ladies come to clean the apartment? The complex is not ADA compliant, (Built in 1980's); They have a problem with people not picking up after their dogs & we would be fined for the 1st infraction & asked to leave for the 2nd time; Bathrooms were not big enough for a wheelchair.

February 21, 2013

By The McCollums

Outstanding tour of this facility left us with no unanswered questions. Mr. Boatwright and his staff provide a wonderful environment, and it is evident that the residents are happy and busy enjoying the variety of ammenities that are offered.

August 21, 2012

By Er4556

This assisted living facility was very nice. It seemed though, that every time we visited before the move in, they were doing construction on the elevators. Overall, the staff was very accommodating and had no trouble befriending my grandmother. She has early onset Alzheimer's, and needs someone to sit with her and help her do daily tasks. Every one of the nurses that cared for her was always in good spirits and told stories of the memories she shared with them. She loves doing crossword puzzles and always sits in the common area with a friend she met across the hall. They have some very nice activities planned for the residents and the overall facilities look very accommodating.

April 25, 2012

By commercesd

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to make an appointment to see the Fountainview assisted living facility. The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. They've always liked that area - and my friend's mother had expressed that she liked it as well. My friend's family has members spread through the region, so this location would be ideal for visiting her. We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. We really liked how well the staff was prepared for our visit. The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The lunch meal we saw was really great. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, the snacks all looked like they tasted really good. They offered everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from, including art fairs, beach walks, dining, music venues, theater and other stimulating events. Fountainview looked like a really great place where my friend's mother could live well in her later years.

Independent Living Reviews for Fountainview

March 27, 2015

By Kimberly14

We choose Fountainview for my father. The community is beautiful. For our price range, it is the only one that really jumps out. The apartments are beautiful. It is a little bit old for my father, but he understands that because he is losing his eyesight that he has to go there. Fountainview is one of those big communities. The food is fabulous. I have eaten there 4 times. One for dinner, one of cocktail hours, twice on visits. He is moving early April. It is a 700 square foot one-bedroom apartment. There are 300 people there. He is in the independent living. It is a place he can stay all the way until he goes to never-never land. He was very reluctant, but now he can't wait to go there. The food is very good. The surroundings are beautiful. He has a lakeside view, and there is a beautiful pool and hot tub. The activities there far surpass the activities at any other place for someone with low sight or low vision because a lot of activities include going out, and they have a lot of things that are for the blind or for people with macular degeneration like big cards. They take a lot of tours. It is minutes from downtown, so he can have tickets for the opera or the ballet; everything is right there.

October 25, 2014

By Laura46

We found Fountainview, and it’s the greatest thing that happened to us. It’s fantastic, and today makes one month that my father is living there. It's both life changing and a lifesaver for my dad. The staff is so kind and caring; everybody is just so friendly and too nice. He’s been there a month, and that’s exactly how everybody is. It’s like walking inside the Wizard of Oz; it’s a very pleasant, peaceful place to live for him. If you are looking for a safe, secure place with caring personnel, that’s exactly where you need to go; don’t look any further. It was beyond anything I could have imagined. The staff named Mina is fantastic; she is -- I guess -- the director or the person that you go to that shows you around. Daniella, Monique, just everybody is fantastic. They have a house cleaning staff there, and Mavis is my dad’s housekeeper, she loves him. I can’t say enough good things about the place. The prize for what you’re getting is just as a deal.

June 17, 2014

My father moved into The Fountainview two months ago now. It is very nice. He has an apartment with a full kitchen. I have a friend who recommended this community very highly. The staff are all very nice people. The dining room is sometimes a bit slow in getting served. They could improve by making the service a bit faster. The food is excellent. I eat with my father regularly at dinner. The food is tasty and very, very good. They have a couple of entertainers that come in. They have a theater, and movie nights. They have cards, a shuffle board, and things to do. They have a putting green over there. There is also a Jacuzzi and a pool. The residents are friendly, too. I would recommend The Fountainview to others.

By Gloria22

My visit at Fountainview was very nice. The things that you'd need are on site. The staff is very nice; they were very hospitable. The rooms were good to me. I went into an activity room where they were doing low impact physical activities with some of the people.

April 29, 2014

By Randi1

What was nice about Fountainview is that it was located right near a lovely shopping center called CityPlace. It was easy to get to for residents who wanted to leave the independent living and go shopping or for a movie or whatever. The place is very nicely laid out, and the apartments were spacious. The staff follows up with me. They called me like every six weeks to see how things were doing. There is a lot of interaction with the residents. Everybody is smiling. No one is sitting in a lobby falling asleep in a wheelchair. It's not like that at all. It's just a very upbeat place.

April 11, 2014

My sister is at Fountainview, and I was there for a while. It was very nice and cheerful. I enjoyed it, but I don't know if I can live there. It's very expensive. I think it was clean, and the food was OK, so there's no problem. It was a nice place just to hang around. I hang around near the pool quite a bit, and there are always people around. There is an outdoor pool and they have chairs all around if you want to sit closer. I didn't find too much to do there, but it was still nice for just a change. It was a short stay, but it was a pleasant one.

February 28, 2014

By Val3

I was at Fountainview. I don't live there anymore. The administration stank but the people were wonderful. For activities, we had all kinds of things like movies, live shows, parties, etc. We had everything. It was very nice. The apartments were wonderful. The people in the community were wonderful. There was just one person who made it a bad experience and that was the administrator. The gentleman told me that he gave two warnings, when he never gave me one warning. I was just very upset when they rejected me. I can't say anything good about the administration because they were very bad. They terminated my lease. Overall, I thought they were wonderful, I thought they were a 5, but the administration was a zero.

January 30, 2014

Fountainview appeared to be very nice, neat and clean. Because it was the first one I've looked at, I have nothing to compare it to but it seemed to be quite nice and had everything you would need. The rooms were very nice. I didn't really have a strong feeling just because it was my first one. It was funny because the manager kept stopping and talking to people and both the people she stopped said the food was terrible. She didn't expect that response that they both said awful. The manager and the other staff seemed very pleasant, very nice. The manager seemed to know all of the residents, she spoke to everybody by name.

September 30, 2013

By Ruth14

I have an aunt who lives at Fountainview. It's a very well-operated facility and its location is wonderful. The dining room is excellent.

September 28, 2013

By Benett

Fountainview was a nice place. They seemed to be very nice and very helpful. The people seemed to be pleasant and nice. I had a couple of meals there and the food was good. I would recommend it.

July 30, 2013

By Margaret19

I am already in Fountainview. So far, they have been wonderful and I am very happy. I am in a two-bedroom apartment. The staff is very good. The food is fine. They have advertised themselves as a five-star facility and they have maintained it.

February 17, 2013

By CamBoatwright

Fountainview ranks high on our list after our recent visit. We were given a tour by a very knowledgeable staff member who was able to answer all of our questions. The grounds are beautiful and the residences are very spacious and inviting. The tennis courts, swimming pool, theater and other features give the feeling of a resort community. All of our needs could be satisfied at this one location. Our tour leader was very informative and provided us with a complimentary lunch. The dining room was very inviting and we were able to order from a menu. The food was delicious. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and upbeat. We will definitely consider this facility as our future home.

Costs for Fountainview

• Vegetarian

• French
  • Spanish

• About Fountainview

Fountainview offers compassionate senior care in West Palm Beach, FL. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Fountainview shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in West Palm Beach, FL.

Map of Fountainview