Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc

Reviews of Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc

Nursing Home Reviews for Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc

August 18, 2015

By gladitsover

My Mother was discharged to Avante while recovering from a surgery. I don't wish to speak badly of the caregivers: some were better than others, but for the most part they seemed sincere and compassionate in a job that is far from glamorous. However, those same workers are overworked and overwhelmed, while the administration, in my opinion, proved less than useless. Total lack of communication, a brusque attitude, and inept follow through added together to make my Mother's stay uncomfortable, unproductive, and potentially deadly. I wish I had reviewed this facility more thoroughly before she was sent there, but I trusted hospital protocol during the time of her discharge, and they recommended this place as their third choice (in the first two, all beds were taken). This facility has more the atmosphere of an insane asylum rather than a skilled nursing facility. I do not believe the care there even begins to approach what I would consider quality, and the whole place is depressing. I'm so sorry that I let my Mother suffer there (she passed away shortly after she was discharged). The reason that I gave the facility two stars is because they do have some very compassionate and well meaning caregivers working there. I think that the best of their workers would be better off seeking employment elsewhere.

November 26, 2011

By FamilyIsEverything

Another scary night at Avante! I hope that says a lot. This place is great for recovering from respiratory problems but they will try to make sure you remain a resident afterwards. Stay away from the North Wing. Some of the CNA's and Nurses at night are there just for the pay and there own medical benefits. Some are not there because they care about your love ones. They are the ones who work the 3rd shift because they aren't closely watched and they can neglect their responsibilities most at the same time they can let out their own frustrations and humor themselves as they neglect caring for your love ones. I say this with deep sorrow and hopes that it will deter others from the nightmare I lived as my mother stayed here. PS- I had to give then 1 star to accept my rating.

Services and Amenities of Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc

Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc is a senior living provider in Ormond Beach, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc for more details on services and rates.

Map of Avante At Ormond Beach, Inc