29 Assisted Living Facilities near Holly Hill, FL
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Holly Hill area, with 4 in Holly Hill and 25 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 217 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Holly Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Holly Hill 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ormond Beach with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Holly Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Holly Hill, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Holly Hill
Holly Hill lies on the west bank of Florida’s Halifax River, with Ormond Beach to the north and Daytona Beach to the south. Seniors aged 65 and older make up nearly 21% of the city’s estimated population of 12,316. Those residents who desire support with daily activities have numerous assisted living communities to choose from. Holly Hill provides four facilities, and another 26 are located in nearby cities.
In Holly Hill, as in the rest of the state, assisted living facilities (ALFs) are licensed and inspected by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration’s (AHCA) Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Holly Hill
- Seniors in Holly Hill enjoy an overall cost of living that’s about 10% lower than the national average. Utilities, groceries and healthcare costs are a bit lower in the city, but it’s the 32% lower housing costs when compared to the U.S. average that accounts for most of the savings.
- Holly Hill has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging of Volusia County, an organization that sponsors Senior Activity Centers in several surrounding cities. Here, seniors find daily and weekly bingo along with a variety of dance and art classes.
- Seniors may be concerned about the crime rates in Holly Hill. The city scores a 75.4 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high property crime. This is more than twice the national average ranking of 35.4. Violent crime is also higher here, with Holly Hill scoring a 32.5, compared to the U.S. average of 22.7.
- Active seniors who feel best when the sun is shining enjoy 227 sunny days per year on average in Holly Hill. However, the 50 inches of annual rainfall exceeds the U.S. average of 38 inches. Winters are temperate, with a January low of about 47 degrees. The summer high in July averages 90 degrees.
- Holly Hill, as well as the entire state of Florida, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Holly Hill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AdventHealth Daytona Beach and Halifax Health Medical Center of Port Orange, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Holly Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Holly Hill start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Holly Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Holly Hill
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) is designed to help low-income, Medicaid-eligible seniors cover the costs associated with assisted living care. The program offers six Managed Health Care Organizations throughout Florida's 11 regions.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Holly Hill
Holly Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Holly Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Holly Hill
Holly Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Holly Hill, FL
Other Options in Holly Hill, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Holly Hill
Review of Bishop's Glen
My grandmother lived here in the early ‘90s, and it was run beautifully. My own mother moved here 6 years ago, and it’s been one problem after another. Food - completely unacceptable. Nurses and ai... Read more
Review of Riviera Senior Living
My dad has been a resident at Riviera for 2 years. One year in Independent living and one year in Assisted Living. The staff is incredible and truly a blessing for us. They take pride in the cleanl... Read more
Review of Bishop's Glen
I like Bishop's Glen. It was very nice but very expensive. The dining area is very nice. The rooms weren't small but sufficient. The staff members who were waiting on me were very nice and polite. ... Read more