Brookdale Ormond Beach

Brookdale Ormond Beach (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Ormond Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Ormond Beach

September 06, 2015

I visited Brookdale Ormond Beach. It was nice, but the apartments were really small. Certain people, I'm sure, would enjoy Brookdale Ormond Beach, but it is definitely not for us. The staff was very friendly and nice and so on, but the apartments were so small. They had nothing there as far as I'm concerned. We would never be happy there.

May 22, 2015

By Marianne14

I visited Brookdale Ormond Beach, and I was treated very professionally and warmly. Their housing is much newer and more lavish. It is a lot more upscale. I didn't see any activity because I went in at an off time. But I'm sure they have many because I get a newsletter every month that has the activities. The rooms and apartment are beautiful. It has a beautiful dining room with beautiful furniture. I'm sure it is really pretty with linen table cloth and napkins. It is almost like fine dining. The security seemed very good. I really liked that Brookdale would do respite care for short term. They don't pressure you into keeping them there. They are available to help you in any way they can. They are all very friendly and caring staff.

August 03, 2014

By Lion22

Looks nice but......poor management. Way understaffed. Employee turnover is terrible. Few activities. Happy we moved Mom out.....sorry we did not do it sooner. Too expensive for what you get.

May 30, 2014

By Ron25

The individual who assisted us at Southland Suites was very accommodating. She always called back and offered alternatives and suggestions as well. It was a bit large as far as the number of the residents, and the financial part of it was higher than what we were trying to manage. They seem to have a very nice dining facility, and it is quite large, and they have good selection. It's an older facility, but it's pretty clean and up to date. They have a nice and cheery atmosphere.

December 20, 2013

Southland Suites was way too expensive. I don't know how they expect people to afford $4100 a month. The facility wasn't that great either. The rooms were small. We didn't meet many of the staff. I just met the first person who took us around and that was it.

August 27, 2013

By Judy39

My husband is at Southland Suites and they are very good. The place looks clean and pretty. The staff are very helpful. The food is great. I think they just need more activities.

March 23, 2012

By ssteve

My mother was here for a year or so and it was not a good experience. At first, it was alright, but a change in management made it awful. They were medically negligent, and her things were always being taken. When she moved, money and other items were withheld, and someone else's old appliance was substituted for hers. Because her eyesight made her vulnerable, she was taken advantage of by staff and management, and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. I wouldn't give them any stars at all but the building is nice.

October 17, 2011

By hehill

Mothers possessions, including her jewelry were stolen and never returned. On one occasion, this happened while she was hospitalized. Staff unresponsive to family.

Questions about Brookdale Ormond Beach

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Ormond Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our overall population is fairly independent, loves to socialize and celebrate holidays. The average age is mid 80s and loves Out to Lunch every Monday, Happy Hours/Entertainment, Pet Visits & celebrations of a variety of holidays. They love being engaged in the community!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Ormond Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

here are a variety of activities and programs offered at Brookdale Ormond Beach including Brookdale Fitness, Group Crossword Puzzles, Quilters Group, Happy Hours/Entertainment weekly, Bus Outings, movies & popcorn, pet visits and MORE!! We use the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to design our program calendar to ensure each resident is finding purpose in their day – Social, Physical, Emotional, Purposeful, Spiritual, Intellectual

What places are near Brookdale Ormond Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are numerous local restaurants, shopping ( Target, Publix, Hobby Lobby,), fast food restaurants etc... - Nature Parks , YMCA ...

What transportation services does Brookdale Ormond Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled, daily transportation during the week that includes lunch outings, doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Ormond Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Program is one that our residents have a role in and that is filled with a variety of options. Each day, our residents will have our Daily Menu that our Chef has selected, which will include up to 3 main entrée options with accompaniments & dessert. If those are not something they are interested in, we also have our Every Day Favorites Menu, which can be ordered from any day, any meal. This includes about 10 additional options that are generally daily favorites. We have a Menu Chat with our Chef every other week, where we review menus, get feedback and update on seasonal items that are coming up.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Ormond Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have Concierge Service 7 days a week during business hours, as well as locked & secured doors. We also have a Care Team available in the community 24/7.

How does Brookdale Ormond Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Brookdale Ormond Beach , communication is a top priority, so we utilize the method preferred by the families to communicate with them about their loved ones, upcoming events, etc. We communicate with our residents verbally, written in flyers available in the Dining Room daily and displayed throughout the community. We use phone, text, email & mailing to keep everyone in the loop of what is happening within our community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Ormond Beach during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a Care Team available 24/7 at our community and the ratio will depend on our occupancy at that time. Daytime there could be up to 5, our Nurse & our Health and Wellness Director. At night, there could be up to 4 with our Health and Wellness Director on-call 24/7. Our Team is trained on how to manage their time with our residents personalized care needs to ensure all care needs are met correctly.

If Brookdale Ormond Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and love having our residents bring their fur babies with them, when they join our family. They are able to walk their dogs in any of the common areas and have a great amount of space to take them on walks around the community area.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our whole Team received daily updates, monthly in services and regularly scheduled training based on the topic. We want to ensure that our Team is up to date on any & all pertinent training topics.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Ormond Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer numerous programming focused on exercising your brain. When moving into our community at the right time - our flexible, but routine driven activity calendar often prevents resident wandering to occur. In addition, We are staffed 24 hours with care associates.

Photos of Brookdale Ormond Beach

• Russian
  • Spanish

• Licenses: LNS License

About Brookdale Ormond Beach

Brookdale Ormond Beach provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a beautiful 58 unit assisted Living community in a quiet setting. We have a wonderful courtyard in the middle of our building to enjoy the outdoors. A newly refinished pool table for residents and quest to use. Many rooms for you and your family to use for events.

Map of Brookdale Ormond Beach