41 Assisted Living Facilities near Ormond Beach, FL
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ormond Beach area, with 12 in Ormond Beach and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ormond Beach is $2,538 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 275 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ormond Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ormond Beach 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Port Orange with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 21 families in Ormond Beach find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ormond Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ormond Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ormond Beach
Ormond Beach, Florida, is on the east coast of the state — just north of Daytona. It retains a small, beach town atmosphere; seniors here can enjoy the meditative sights and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean. For those who occasionally seek the excitement of a bigger city, Orlando is a little more than an hour away.
There are nine assisted living facilities in Ormond Beach with 45 others located close by in cities like Holly Hill, Daytona Beach and Port Orange. Ormond Beach Assisted Living Facilities are regulated by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. These facilities provide housing, personal care assistance, meals and supportive services to seniors under a standard or specialty license, including limited mental health, extended congregate care and limited nursing services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ormond Beach
- The Ormond Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ormond Beach has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging of Volusia County, which pairs resources with seniors and provides activities and respite care, as well as two senior centers.
- The Ormond Beach area receives approximately 51 inches of rain per year, which is 12 inches more than the average U.S. city. Summers are hot and humid with daytime highs around 90, while winters have an average low of about 47 degrees.
- The cost of living in Ormond Beach is only 4 percent higher than the national average, but seniors on a tight budget may find Holly Hill or Daytona Beach more affordable.
- Crime is slightly higher in Ormond Beach than in other parts of the state. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the worst, Ormond Beach scores a 43.3 in violent crime and a 48.5 for property crime. These are both higher than national averages.
- Transportation for seniors is provided through the Volusia County Public Transportation System or VoTran. This bus system offers curb-to-curb service and reduced fares for seniors and those with disabilities. The Gold Service vehicles are equipped with chairlifts and lowered steps. There are also several free medical transportation services available for doctor visits and other medical transport, including TMS Medicaid Transportation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ormond Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Ormond Beach start around $2,621 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ormond Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ormond Beach
Florida State Medicaid provides assistance to seniors for ALFs through Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services. These programs are based on income, and seniors may receive support through one or both programs. For seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits, Florida also provides optional state supplementation (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ormond Beach
Ormond Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ormond Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ormond Beach
Ormond Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Ormond Beach, FL
Other Options in Ormond Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ormond Beach
Review of Brookdale Ormond Beach
Brookdale Ormond Beach has been very nice, and they're taking very good care of my mother-in-law. It's very clean, open, and it looked great. The staff and the residents that we met in the hallway ... Read more
Review of Seaside Manor of Ormond Beach
My mother moved into Seaside Manor of Ormond Beach. We chose it because it has big rooms, which are like studio apartments. There are no rooms that are bigger or smaller. It's four floors, and she ... Read more
Review of Seaside Manor of Ormond Beach
Seaside Manor of Ormond Beach was excellent and I really liked it. It was a little dated, but it was clean. I liked the location and I liked that they're going to be redoing and remodelling the pla... Read more