Brookdale Palm Coast

Brookdale Palm Coast (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Palm Coast

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Palm Coast

October 29, 2013

I came across Sterling House through Caring.com. I liked that place very much. It was very spacious, which was a nice plus. In comparison with the other facility I visited, Sterling House also offers very similar options in terms of care. The problem with them was simple, they didn't go far enough. My father is in stage 4 dementia right now, so that was as far as they could care for him. I would have probably chosen this facility except for the fact that they could not carry his care through without relocating him to another facility that has progressive care. That's one of the reasons why we didn't go to Sterling House. Nevertheless, I was very positively impressed with them. Their rooms were very nice. Their food, from what I have seen, looked very good. The people who work there also eat there so I thought that was important. What I probably liked best about this facility was its layout. The hallways were wide. The common rooms just had a feeling of hominess to them. I did see some of the activities listed. I would definitely recommend this place. I thought it was a pretty good place and everything.

June 18, 2013

By caring0429313

I liked Sterling House very well, but I really could not afford it because I have a small pension and it barely covers the expenses that I have. They start at $2,500 and I cannot afford that, but they made me feel at home when I visited the place. I had a meal there and it was very nice. The servers were nice and very friendly.

May 22, 2013

By Veronica4

Everything was good about Sterling House. My mother stayed there for two weeks.

May 05, 2013

By Mia71301

My Aunt is a resident here. After spending time in another local assisted living facility and then a a rehab nursing facility in Palm Coast, it's clear that Sterling House is a blessing. Their staff, attentive & caring. They schedule actual activities that involve all residents. Weekly outings including lunch. Meals are enjoyable. Birthday celebrations . I can't say enough good things about Sterling House. I'm so happy that my Aunt is safe, well cared for and HaPPY

August 14, 2012

By Nanty

This assisted living facility caters to those who have more advanced illnesses like Dementia and Alzheimer's. I have friends here whom I visit sometimes. During one of my visits, I went before dinner and everybody was busy waiting for their meals. It was also a little crowded since this facility is just small scale; not very large. However, my resident friends don't have any complaints. They mentioned that the nursing care is wonderful.

August 12, 2011

By Nvy858

This assisted living residence is as charming as its name. While visiting here the first thing I realized was the amount of staff on duty and the easy mobility surrounding its premises. The private apartments were fully functional providing easy access for staff and residence when needed. The friendly staff as well takes part in the many activities that the Sterling House has to offer, as opposed to just providing the basics; they go beyond! Areas of socializing included the den that included a fireplace, dining and transportation as well. Overall I would say this is a pretty good facility from what I've seen.

July 27, 2011

By devinthedev

This place is awesome

Questions about Brookdale Palm Coast

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Palm Coast. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our overall population is fairly independent, loves to socialize and celebrate holidays. The average age is lower 80s and LOVE Out to Lunch every Monday, Happy Hours/Entertainment, Pet Visits & celebrations of a variety of holidays. They love being engaged in the community!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Palm Coast offer to enrich residents' well-being?

here are a variety of activities and programs offered at Brookdale Palm Coast including Brookdale Fitness, Group Crossword Puzzles, Quilters Group, Happy Hours/Entertainment weekly, Bus Outings, movies & popcorn, pet visits and MORE!! We use the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life to design our program calendar to ensure each resident is finding purpose in their day – Social, Physical, Emotional, Purposeful, Spiritual, Intellectual

What places are near Brookdale Palm Coast or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

There are numerous local restaurants, shopping ( Target, Publix, Hobby Lobby), fast food restaurants etc...

What transportation services does Brookdale Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

We have scheduled, daily transportation during the week that includes lunch outings, doctor appointments, shopping, banking, and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Palm Coast exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Program is one that our residents have a role in and that is filled with a variety of options. Each day, our residents will have our Daily Menu that our Chef has selected, which will include up to 3 main entrée options with accompaniments & dessert. If those are not something they are interested in, we also have our Every Day Favorites Menu, which can be ordered from any day, any meal. This includes about 10 additional options that are generally daily favorites. We have a Menu Chat with our Chef every other week, where we review menus, get feedback and update on seasonal items that are coming up.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

We have Concierge Service 7 days a week during business hours, as well as locked & secured doors 24/7 . We also have a Care Team available in the community 24/7.

How does Brookdale Palm Coast keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Brookdale Palm Coast, communication is a top priority, so we utilize the method preferred by the families to communicate with them about their loved ones, upcoming events, etc. We communicate with our residents verbally, written in flyers available in the Dining Room daily and displayed throughout the community. We use phone, text, email & mailing to keep everyone in the loop of what is happening within our community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Palm Coast during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a Care Team available 24/7 at our community and the ratio will depend on our occupancy at that time. Daytime there could be up to 4, our Nurse & our Health and Wellness Director. At night, there could be up to 3 with our Health and Wellness Director on-call 24/7. Our Team is trained on how to manage their time with our residents personalized care needs to ensure all care needs are met correctly.

If Brookdale Palm Coast accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and love having our residents bring their fur babies with them, when they join our family. They are able to walk their dogs in any of the common areas and have a great amount of space to take them on walks around the community area.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our whole Team received daily updates, monthly in services and regularly scheduled training based on the topic. We want to ensure that our Team is up to date on any & all pertinent training topics.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Palm Coast provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer numerous programming focused on exercising your brain. When moving into our community at the right time - our flexible, but routine driven activity calendar often prevents resident wandering to occur. In addition, We are staffed 24 hours while our doors are alarmed with inside and outside code entry .... Please call community for more details.

Photos of Brookdale Palm Coast

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Palm Coast

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL9151

About Brookdale Palm Coast

Brookdale Palm Coast provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Palm Coast