CountrySide Lakes

Reviews of CountrySide Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for CountrySide Lakes

July 31, 2015

By Tony25

Countryside Lakes was a big facility. The building and the surroundings were nice. It was lunchtime, but I didn't see a lot of seniors going around like I do with the other facilities I go to. The room I saw looked nice, and it was good for one person or a husband and wife. The grounds also looked nice. They had a lot of room to do stuff, but I never saw seniors out; it could've been the time of day.

May 12, 2015

We visited Countryside Lakes. The place was clean, and the people were friendly. It was small, and we were impressed by it. We had lunch there, and the food was good. Everybody was very nice, helpful, and friendly. They showed us a room, and they were small. I think no matter where you go, the rooms weren't going to be very large, but everything was absolutely clean. The people living there were friendly, and they were laughing; I didn't find anybody with a frown on their face.

May 06, 2015

My father is in Countryside Lakes now. It's very nice and clean, and the people are very approachable. The food is excellent. The quality of the apartments is very nice.

January 28, 2015

By Frances20

The staff of Countryside Lakes was very friendly. I would say it was a five-star place. The only thing I did not like was the way they handled the drugs. That was my only drawback on that place, but otherwise it was beautiful. The dining was good, the food was excellent, and the people were friendly -- they knew all the residents by name. It just was really a nice place. The apartments were beautiful. They have a billiard room, and they have Bingo, movies, church, outings to the shopping center, and certain days that they would take them to their doctors. They had a lot of activities there. What impressed me most was the hominess of it. It was very homey; you went to the dining room, there was a tablecloth just like you would have at home, the food was good, and the service was friendly -- it was just very homey. And the apartment was small, but nice enough to fit your needs and not to get lost.

June 30, 2014

By Patricia95186350

We placed my mom's friend in Countryside Lakes. It is an assisted living facility. It is homey, friendly and clean. It has just been updated. Going into their dining room was like going to a restaurant. I didn't feel like I was going into an assisted living facility dining room. They also serve great food. This facility also has lots of activities for their residents. With regards to their staff, from the girls in the administration to the wait staff and the aides, they are all very good. They are very qualified for their jobs. Overall, it has been a really good experience.

February 27, 2014

By David80170950

Countryside Lakes is great. The staff is very good. The rooms were very nice. The food is excellent and the dining area is very nice. They have wide variety of activities. They're caring and professional.

December 30, 2013

By Patricia82044150

November 21, 2013

By Linda73163250

Countryside Lakes took my breath away. It was like a little apartment and not just a room. It has 574 square feet. Every apartment had a balcony. It had heater and cooler. It had amenities and I was impressed with it. They had an all-in exclusive apartment complex, which they turned into assisted living. All these people who are still capable of walking in a walker; in a wheelchair or walking on their own could go down in the dining room at night and have dinner.

October 04, 2013

By Mary Anne4

I am presently staying at Countryside Lakes. It is excellent. The people are wonderful. The apartment itself is lovely. I like that it has a screen-in balcony and a whole lot of windows at the end the living room. The food is outstanding. We have all kinds of activities here depending on what the residents are interested in. We have bingo, concerts, piano and organ people who come in and play, have different games and movies every night. I am really please with them and I am recommending them to others.

June 25, 2013

By caring5178

The living environment of Countryside Lakes is very, very comfortable. The staff is extremely polite and nice, and I like them best. The food is good and I'm really enjoying my stay here. I wasn't too sure about going into assisted living, but I am very comfortable here.

June 18, 2013

By Jean D.

My son and I went to Countryside Lakes Assisted Living Facility. I was very impressed with how clean it was. It had a lake and a swimming pool. Their staff also were very nice. We had lunch there and their food was very good, very delicious. I told my son that's where I want to go when the time comes.

May 14, 2013

By MARW

My mom was at Countryside Lakes for a time. I really liked the staff because they came in to check the residents every two hours. They also took out trash or dirty bedpans in those two hours. They also seemed to have a variety of activities. The food was very delicious. She was in a two bedroom apartment together with my dad before he passed away.

Independent Living Reviews for CountrySide Lakes

Questions about CountrySide Lakes

What programs or activities does CountrySide Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise classes, daily musical entertainers, daily happy hour, bocce ball, black jack, roulette, left right center, bingo, Spanish class, crafts, cross words, brain games, trivia, lunch bunch, Weekly outings and shopping

What places are near CountrySide Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Publix, Big Lots, Dollar General, many restaurants and stores.

What transportation services does CountrySide Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

15 passenger bus and and van

What makes the chef or dining program at CountrySide Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Fresh cooked meals. Order from our daily menus, monthly brunch and monthly chefs table event.

What safety features or security measures does CountrySide Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

Our doors lock at 8 pm to 8 am and we have 24/7 coverage at the front desk.

How does CountrySide Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly resident council meetings, and open door policy to all resident and families.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at CountrySide Lakes during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have nurses and CNA's/Med Tech here 24/7

If CountrySide Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we are pet friendly and have dog stations around the community and are getting ready to build a dog park

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

annual updated training according to state regulations

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at CountrySide Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

average age is 80 and we have half independent and half assisted population and they love to gamble, play games, exercise and enjoy daily happy hour

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Port Orange YMCA, Port Orange Pavilion with restaurants, shopping and movies, close to the beach

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at CountrySide Lakes has organized?

Sunrise Club at the beach, movies, lunch bunch, plays and symphony,

What transportation services does CountrySide Lakes offer to independent living residents?

bus and van

What makes the chef or dining program at CountrySide Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Many choice of fresh to table recipes. Home cooked daily soup, over 8 flavors of ice cream

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Billiard room, gym, theater room, library, atrium,

What safety features or security measures does CountrySide Lakes offer to independent living residents?

doors lock 8 pm to 8 am with 24/7 front desk coverage

Does CountrySide Lakes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have nursing care here at Countryside lakes and we have a local physician that has a satellite office here on premises

What safety features or security measures does CountrySide Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

We do not accept resident who wander and need a secure memory community

Costs for CountrySide Lakes

• Pool

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL5115

About CountrySide Lakes

CountrySide Lakes offer comfortable, beautiful homes for individuals that independent or those needing some assistance. Resort-like community with spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes featuring full kitchens, large walk-in closets, screened porches and lakefront views.

Voted #1 senior living community 8 years in a row. Known for its award winning cuisine and superior service. The friendly and welcoming residents love the lifestyle at CountrySide Lakes.

Map of CountrySide Lakes