Grand Villa of DeLand

Reviews of Grand Villa of DeLand

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of DeLand

June 30, 2021

By mrbofi

Pleasant, professional staff. Nice and clean facility. I’m very, very happy with the accommodations for my mother-in-law. She is happy also. From the friendly greetings at the front door to the entire staff during our visit, Grand Villa is first class place for a family member to live in an Assisted Living environment.

April 21, 2021

By Diane

The room at Grand Villa of DeLand was nice. If it was a single room, it had a room for a larger bed, and if it was sharing, it had room for two twin beds. They were adequate and big enough. It looked like they had a few amenities. If you're in assisted living, they had a pool, a fireplace you can sit in front of, a place for TV, a card table for people playing cards, and a place to sit outside.

October 09, 2019

By Barbara

Grand Villa of DeLand was very nice, but I noticed that when everybody was waiting in the halls for lunch they all had a blank look on their faces. The staff told me that they only have 16 regular people there and all the rest are memory care patients. So I said that's not good for me because I went there for independent living. They also have assisted living and people get their medicine at the desk. We had a meal there and I would consider it only fair. We had meat wrapped in cabbage and there was a sauce. That particular dish was very good, but everything else was mediocre. They have a beautiful pool, they were doing a bead-stringing activity, and also jewelry making. The staff was very nice and helpful. If you're looking for memory care or assisted living this place would probably be rated a four, but if you're looking for independent living I would rate this place a two.

Hi Barbara we are sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with your experience while visiting our community. This is highly uncharacteristic of our community as we pride ourselves in our exceptional dining and activity programs, and we regret we may have missed the mark. I would like to direct you to our Executive Director Stephanie Tutson to discuss further.

May 02, 2019

By Maria

We visited Grand Villa of DeLand. The staff and the nurse were friendly, but I have a big question mark about the residents that my mother was going to be around. They had residents who had their memory together and were eating out and all that looked well, until I went to the section where they said she would be. Other than that, the building itself was pretty and it's like being in a nice fancy hotel. The rooms were nice sized for two single beds because she will be sharing a room. I did not like the view from the window. It was just grass, and there were no flowers. I saw an exercise room, some people watching TV, and they had games. The staff was pleasant and so was the administration. The residents in the assisted living area didn't need that much care from the nurses.

August 20, 2018

By CB

We were very impressed with Grand Villa of DeLand and with the people. They have a lot of activities, a movie theater, and therapy. They have just about everything. The tour was very good and the lady was very knowledgeable and informative. The rooms were nice. It was a great place. They have multiple bedrooms, studios, and one- and two-bedroom apartments as well. We saw their craft room, library, dining room, and a little store in the lobby. The staff was talking to all the people we met in the halls, they knew each other by name, and she introduced us to people.

Thank you so much for visiting our grand Villa at Deland, we definitely try to , stand by our cornerstone- Looks like home, feels like family!

January 26, 2018

By Carrie

Very friendly and receptive staff. Excellent ambiance. I was looking for a place for my mom, but after visiting for the day, I also wished I could move into this facility: excellent place

May 22, 2017

By schuby

Whoever said “hind sight is 20/20” was absolutely correct. If I knew then what I know now I would have never wasted six months of my Mothers Golden years searching for a “forever Home”. Three facilities later my family and I settled on the wonderful accommodations and amenities offered by Grand Villa, Deland. From day one Mom was treated with the dignity and respect we all expect and look for in an assisted living facility offering a Memory Care Unit. To further put your mind at ease the Memory Care Unit is locked down to prevent any residents from wandering out of the facility. Within the locked down area on the ground level, residents have the freedom to wander out into the courtyard with no concern of getting lost. Although Mom choses to be left out of some or most of the daily activities she is prompted by the activities director to join the other residents more than once every day. After only three days at Grand Villa, Deland my siblings and I celebrated Moms’ 95th birthday in the facilities private dining room. While we were setting up the room one of the kitchen staff asked if we needed anything. I suggested coffee would be nice. Within minutes she returned with a Pot of coffee with all the “fixins”. Before the party was over she came back with a second pot. As soon as you enter the facility you are greeted by the most accommodating receptionists I’ve ever encountered. I explained I needed to make multiple trips back to my car to get all the party stuff for my Moms’ Birthday party. She offered the use of one of the luggage carriers. That gesture of hospitality saved me three trips to the car. The maintenance staff set up Moms room exactly the way we wanted it, down to the pictures and photos on each wall. When Mom walked into her room for the first time, she knew something was a little different but as soon as she recognized her furniture and the pictures on the wall she settled in. The nursing staff keeps me up to date on Moms’ health and personal needs. Along with medication management they assist mom with her daily hygiene in her own private bathroom and shower. The housekeeping staff keep her room neat and clean along with the laundering of her personal clothing. Last but not least, I would like to thank the Sales and Leasing staff and the business office personnel for tailoring a package for mom that met all of our monthly financial goals and included the level of personal care she needs. Mom wants to live to be 100 and I feel she will easily achieve her goal due to the one-on-one care and compassion provided by the Grand Villa, Deland Staff. And one last thing, she loves the food! And, one more last thing. Using my hind sight, if you ever see an invitation for an “Open House” At Grand Villa, Deland for new residents, be sure to attend. During those events the leasing staff may have some financial offers for a limited number of families or loved ones who sign up for residency. The Schubert Siblings

April 25, 2017

By Char-lee

I liked Grand Villa of Deland, and I was more interested in the memory care unit. It was a nice, two-story building with elevators that the residents need to use it to go down to the activity room. There has to be somebody to assist them, but there was nobody at the nurses' station, which didn’t make me comfortable. I liked the Activity Director and main area. The assisted living facility had everything you could want. It was excellent.

March 29, 2017

By Wendy247357

Grand Villa of DeLand is beautiful, and the staff was excellent. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had too many exit doors. Mom doesn’t wander ,but she's very forgetful ,and I'd be afraid if she'd wander out a side door and not know where she was.

March 29, 2017

By Hannah242576

Grand Villa is very family-oriented. We were able to take our young kids there for family game nights. They serving three meals a day of high-end cuisine from a private chef. It is not buffet-style. They have a menu that changes weekly. They have a beauty salon, a craft store, and a country store with snacks. They have transportation to doctors' appointments and to weekly retreats out to dinner and shopping. They have a swimming pool open all year round. The room is actually like a 5-star hotel service. We stayed at The Hilton Hotel a lot, and it is almost comparable to that, so you get room service once a week and laundry. They give my mother-in-law transportation every week. They have a weekly logbook, and she logs in when she needs to go, and then they will take her. Anytime she has any questions, they're very helpful. They call us weekly to ask how Linda is feeling about everything, and then they will also let us know what she is doing there and what activity she is participating in, which is a really big thing. That way, we know what's going on when we can't get over there. They're very kind. One of the biggest things she likes is that they have their own like residential community where the community gets to decide and make the decision on what Grand Villa actually does. So, if they're adding a new amenity or if they're wanting to go and do retreat, every single one of the residents gets to vote on it, and they go off of what the residents want instead of what the staff wants to do.

January 04, 2017

By larry821318

Grand Villa was clean and organized, but they did not have two-bedrooms, only one-bedrooms. They had a bunch of games. The residents seemed to be very happy. They had two meals a day, but you can go and eat at any time. I saw an exercise room, stores where you buy things, the dining room, and a swimming pool.

January 03, 2017

By Sharon402777

I thought Grand Villa was beautiful and adequate for my friend. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful and recently renovated. It’s easy to get to and there weren't any problems with the parking. It’s very homey and had everything you needed.

November 25, 2016

By Anna425722

She is at Grand Villa of DeLand. They have different activities and outings. The staff is very kind and helpful. They have a doctor that comes in, and if she needs to see a specialist, they take her. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner and snacks all the time.

November 21, 2016

By Catherine411756

We made one visit at Grand Villa of DeLand. I knew that everyone was on their best behavior, and it seemed to be an excellent facility. It was new. It had only been up for 5 months, but they went through great lengths to making it look like a community and not like a facility. It used to be a motel, and they did things like when you walked down the hall, you almost thought you were walking down a street because they had different parts where they done like a window with a display. So, you actually thought you were walking in a street. Then, there was a little cafe. There was a little country store and a game room. It just looked like they were little shops or something. It was just adorable, and the dining hall honestly looked like a very elegant restaurant. The chef came out to talk to the people to make sure the food was up to their expectation. The whole place was just very unique. I had never seen a place like that before. The maintenance was perfect. The room that we saw would have been the respite care room, and they had not quite finished with that. They hadn’t done the decorations, and the bed did not even have a comforter on it, but it was like a motel room, and they retrofitted that to be a little apartment. The biggest advantage of that was because it was in Deland, you could get a private room for the same price or less than where my mom was.

November 13, 2016

By Paul354760

My parents loved Grand Villa of DeLand. It was excellent and beautiful. The meals were good. We had dinner, and it was really nice. The staff was excellent. My parents stayed there for 4 hours, and they really enjoyed it there. I got to see the bedrooms, the media room, the computer room, and the activity center. They provided all the transportation for the residents.

July 11, 2016

By Robbie44

I could write a novel about our experience with Grand Villa Deland Memory Care, but I’ll try to be short and to the point. My advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY. The employees who care for the patients are, for the most part, sincere, kind, and caring. However, the facility is extremely under staffed for even mediocre care. Our mother had fallen several times and was sent to the local ER with no reported reason. She acquired many cuts and skin tears that each required several weeks of home healthcare assistance (as well as several contusions). My mother received no assistance with eating meals. There is an extreme lack of communication between staff members, as well as, staff and family. Several times we would visit and could not find one staff member on the floor… and counted more than twenty patients without supervision – scary! The list could go on and on. To move mom would be traumatic and exhausting for her, but after meeting with three different Executive Directors with no resolution, we decided to do so. Our mother is now cared for at a wonderful placed with plenty of care… she is now eating well, her wounds are healing, and everything is so much better! Here are some thoughts if Grand Villa Deland Memory Care is on your list as an option for your loved one: Anyone can visit at anytime… show up unexpectedly (early, late, meal times, etc.) and observe the ratio of caregivers to residents. Look for recent injuries that patients may have. Spend some time there and see if patients are sitting alone for long periods of time with no interaction. Elevators are locked, so ask staff to allow you to go upstairs then see how many patients are wandering the halls with absolutely no supervision. Ask about the qualification of the caregivers and the turn-over rate. Inquire about the protocol for medical advice and emergencies… we understood there is an RN on staff; even with my mother’s injuries we never met the nurse. Unfortunately, we did not have an opportunity to evaluate the care prior to mom moving-in… the facility was brand new and the promises were many. We stayed for 3 months hoping for improvement, but it never happened. I cannot stress enough, my advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY. I wish you the best with locating a good home for your loved one.

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience. The entire team at Grand Villa of DeLand take great pride in the programs and services we provide to our residents, families and employees. It sounds that we have let you down in this area. We strive to always improve and meet the needs of all those we serve. We encourage visits to our community at different times to see and experience the life, fun and rewards of our memory care residents For that is the very reason we have open visiting hours. We are always looking for ways to create positive life-enhancing experience for our residents. My door is open to listen and learn. Should you so desire I may be reached through email. Respectfully Susanne Stafford.

June 21, 2016

By Alice723647

Grand Villa of Deland is a new, very clean, very nice, and cheery place. It has nice people and activities. They have a movie theater, a pool, a dining area, and a little beauty salon. It is just very nice. They have places to go and therapy. I had the food, and it was very good. Everybody was very friendly, very caring, and helpful. When you walked in, it was nice, bright, and cheery. I just liked it. I went to many places, and that was the best one.

June 10, 2016

By Mark430526

Grand Villa of DeLand is a very new facility and a little short of experienced help, but they made up for it with the people in the key positions. The nursing staff was a little overworked, but they went out of their way to make sure the individual is doing well. This is where my father ended up going. My father has gotten sick and wound up in the hospital; however, the director of nursing herself has gone out of her way to check up on him personally, visiting him, and calling me and inquiring about his well-being. That happens when you have a good heart, not because you're being paid, and I am very impressed with that. They have a movie theater, water aerobics, somebody always playing cards and chess, and some of these old folks are even on computers, which I couldn’t believe. There's always something going on. The facility was a former 5-star hotel which they converted into assisted living, so there's wide open space, and lots of rooms where you can sit down on a nice couch and watch TV. If it's all girls there, you go to the other end of the building, and there's the guys watching the baseball game.

May 10, 2016

By BethBJPUF

I visited Grand Villa for a friend's mother. It was brand new, big, and did not have many people moved in yet even though people had started taking rooms, so I didn't get to see an interaction between the people that would be moving in there and the ones that worked there. They were very polite to everybody that came in. The facilities were beautiful and had special stations for people who like to work with tools could go, like a workshop place and different things to keep the mind active. They have different rooms, a room with a fireplace, and a TV, and an outdoor space with a very high fence. It was so large that it seems to me that somebody could go off in one of these rooms and sit there all day by themselves, and unless no one takes the time to go and find them, they could just be sitting there all day. It's an absolutely beautiful place, and my relative would have been on the second floor. She would have to go down on an elevator, but she couldn't do that herself; someone had to get her because you have to have a special swipe card to make the elevator work, so she would be stuck up on the second floor which is just rooms. It's not ideal. You have to count on the people working there so much because they would bring them all down in the morning and keep them downstairs so they could interact, and I just don't know how happy she would be doing that because she likes doing her own thing. It would have been difficult for her to be herself and do what she wanted. She would have to depend on the staff.

May 10, 2016

By RebeccaJJIZX

Grand Villa of Deland was absolutely a beautiful facility. I only toured it. It would be a great place to house somebody, but I was hoping that my husband’s situation was temporary.

Independent Living Reviews for Grand Villa of DeLand

Memory Care Reviews for Grand Villa of DeLand

Questions about Grand Villa of DeLand

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grand Villa of DeLand. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age range is 78 to 88. Very active community! Very equal population of men to women.

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of DeLand offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise; pool exercise; many different games like Bingo, Sequence and Poker; group outings to many things like lunches, cultural activities and outdoor activities. We offer a very diverse and fun activities calendar.

What places are near Grand Villa of DeLand or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located close to Historical Downtown DeLand and Stetson University. We are about a 25 minute drive to Daytona Beach.

What transportation services does Grand Villa of DeLand offer to assisted living residents?

We have a bus and Cadillac. We offer transportation physicians appointments and other personal needs within a 12 mile radius of the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of DeLand exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Chef offers a true dining experience! Food is social and we offer variety and flavor.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of DeLand offer to assisted living residents?

Our doors are locked from 8pm to 8am. Common area security cameras.

How does Grand Villa of DeLand keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate via phone and email. Most importantly we have one on on meetings in person.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Grand Villa of DeLand during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 18

If Grand Villa of DeLand accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets 25 pounds and under. We have out door space for them to enjoy, must keep their pets on a leash when in the indoor common area spaces.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We train staff to state standards and remain in compliance with ongoing training and inservice's ie: CPR; ALZ 1 & 2, etc.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Grand Villa of DeLand. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

65-80 Lounge out by the pool. enjoying shopping outings with Friends, relaxing and living the best life

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Historic downtown DeLand, Athens Theater, Guided tours down the St. Johns River, shopping plaza

What transportation services does Grand Villa of DeLand offer to independent living residents?

Private Car as well as our Bus service

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of DeLand exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Themed Meals /Our Tasty Traditions program recognizes there are a lot of good cooks among our residents! We encourage residents to share their favorite family recipes with the entire community. Give the chef your recipe, and we’ll prepare it for everyone at a special meal. It’s all part of our family tradition. And don’t worry, we won’t reveal your secret ingredients!/Your taste buds will travel the world with our Passport Dining experience. Gourmet cuisines from around the globe are served right here.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Movie Theater, Pool Deck, Cafe, Main Street Store, Library and Game room

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of DeLand offer to independent living residents?

Our doors are locked from 8pm to 8am. Common area security cameras./ Staff present in the community 24hrs a day

Pool Deck, Plenty of walking room on the community grounds

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of DeLand provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a memory care locked unit and utilize Safety Net.

Costs for Grand Villa of DeLand

• General Store
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Here Are Several Key Considerations When Considering Grand Villa For Memory Care…. · Delicious And Nutritious Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant Style · Spacious Studio Apartments With Today’s Technology Including Motion In Room Motion Detectors That Alert Staff And Turn On Lighting · Laser Beam Accent Light Triggered By Motion Detection · The Dakim® Brain Fitness Computer System – Developed By Ucla To Assist Our Residents In Development · Life Skilled Stations · Activity Rooms, Cinema, Country Store, Beauty Salon/Barber Shop · A Family Support Group For Caregivers · Physical Therapy And Home Health Services Available On Site · A Dynamic Social And Recreational Calendar That Includes Excursions And A Variety Of Field Trips · A Beautiful Outdoor Secured Patio, Water Feature And Putting Green

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Grand Villa of DeLand

At Grand Villa of DeLand, exceptional care in a home-like setting is standard.

The Assisted Living and Personal Care services at our community are provided for an all-inclusive monthly rate. Residents only pay for the services they need and use. This makes full-time residency in our community an affordable alternative to home care. Residents eliminate expenses such as homeowners insurance, yard care, and utility bills, while gaining an active and engaging lifestyle.

Residents live in comfortable apartments with friends just steps away, and enjoy activities and events. Our Activities Coordinator makes sure there is something engaging for everyone. Whether relaxing in your cozy studio, meeting friends for coffee by the pool, or practicing your short game on the putting green, we offer many choices.

In addition, residents receive complimentary transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping, banking, and other errands. Third-party care providers such as podiatrist, dentists, and optometrists visit our community regularly.

Here are several key considerations when considering Grand Villa for Memory Care…. · Delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style · Spacious studio apartments with today’s technology including motion in-room motion detectors that alert staff and turn on lighting · Laser Beam accent light triggered by motion detection · The Dakim® Brain Fitness computer system – developed by UCLA to assist our residents in development · Life Skilled Stations · Activity rooms, Cinema, Country Store, beauty salon/barber shop · A family support group for caregivers · Physical therapy and home health services available on site · A dynamic social and recreational calendar that includes excursions and a variety of field trips · A beautiful outdoor secured patio, water feature and putting green

Map of Grand Villa of DeLand