Grand Villa of Palm Coast

Reviews of Grand Villa of Palm Coast

Assisted Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Palm Coast

October 30, 2013

By Christine22

My mother has been here since May. She wanted to stay in Florida and she is very happy to stay here. It's a lot cheaper down there. It's only about 4 years old and it's clean and in excellent shape. It's like a hotel and it's beautiful. You walk in and it's just really lovely and everything about it is very pretty. They have all kinds of activities. We were there two nights for a Halloween party. The people are excellent and the food is excellent. She is eating better, she's being taken care of. She is safe and that makes the big deal for us. They've done a wonderful job.

May 24, 2013

By Veronica4

I went down and visited without an appointment. I was not impressed, simply because the front door was wide open. You could walk right in, I don't think that's good. So that turned me off. I don't know how secure it is.

Independent Living Reviews for Grand Villa of Palm Coast

August 23, 2021

By Wayne

The Grand Villa of Palm Coast was very nice and very roomy. I think the price to value for the square foot is probably the best that we've seen anywhere. You get a lot of space for the dollar. The dollar per square foot price is outstanding. The facility itself is very nice. They showed us the plans where they're starting to remodel and refurbish the dining hall. I think what they call Main Street, which is going to be inside and next to the dining hall. We had nothing negative to say about it. It was one of my parent's top three independent living choices right now. The staff we met during the tour was very personable. What I liked the most about her is she did not act or appear like a salesperson. It was really like being with your realtor that was saying "Here's a 2-bedroom, here's a 1-bedroom. Here is the space where you can put your washer and dryer. Take a look at the garage. It also has some safety features." So, it was more of a presentation of "This is what's here" versus "Oh, my God, you want to be here and no place else" I don't think most of us like being sold to. She could answer all the questions. She was very well versed in the things that they have and even some of the things that they didn't have. She had answers for them. So as an example, they don't have a swimming pool, but there is a fitness center with a pool nearby. I thought that was awesome so she didn't have to say "You don't need a swimming pool" but said "We do not have one on-site. However, there's one close to you." So, it worked out pretty well.

March 19, 2021

By Joan

We've been in Grand Villa of Palm Coast for a little over two weeks now. The community is very friendly, welcoming, well laid out, private, and caring. We are very, very pleased with our choice. We are in a two-bedroom, two-bath villa. They have several different floor plans, and we chose this one because we are coming from a larger house and going into something smaller. We felt that this would give us the room we needed, and it's working out beautifully. It's laid out perfectly for my husband who uses a wheelchair. We have no issues with doorways, rooms, or bathrooms. It's all very well done. Since COVID, the activities have been curtailed. We also do not have extraordinary amenities. This is not a place that has swimming pools or a golf course -- none of that is here. But that's one of the reasons we chose it. We don't value those things, so we don't need to be paying extra money for stuff we wouldn't use. There is a courtyard for those in the independent and memory care units, though, which is a separate building. Within our type of arrangement, we have our own patio, our own backyard area, and our own garage, so it's really very independent living. There is a small community room up in the main building, and there is a dining area there. During COVID, the meals are being delivered to the independent living facility. Once COVID restrictions go away, we will be able to go and partake in the dining room again. There is an on-site beauty shop where an independent contractor comes in, I think, two days a week. There is also a general store where you could get a few necessities. We have a community bus that will take us to doctors appointments, shopping, and those types of things. We have not really used any of it, so I can't say how well it works. If we choose to, we can do our own cooking. I have a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave, a stove, and a refrigerator that is large enough that I have not put anything into the freezer in the garage yet.

June 19, 2018

By Zaida

It was excellent, comfortable, and overwhelming with so much great stuff. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating, I would recommend it wholeheartedly. It was like going into a hotel, everything was pristine, ready, and available. I was shown an absolutely beautiful apartment with a kitchen, my own garage, and my own terrace. It was fantastic, and I was very impressed. They serve three meals a day. We had tea and a nice time.

January 29, 2016

By Robert119063750

I am here, and so far my stay here has gone very well. I am in a cottage, and I like it.

Questions about Grand Villa of Palm Coast

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

in-services plus online

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grand Villa of Palm Coast. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age 82, our residents enjoy all of our Life Enrichment programming.

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Chapel services, exercise programs, bus trips, weekly happy hour with entertainment, multiple in-house doctors

What places are near Grand Villa of Palm Coast or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

walking trail

What transportation services does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

Weekly doctor visits, casual drives, shopping, out to lunch trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of Palm Coast exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

95% scratch cooking, daily options, weekly live action stations, Monday Mediterranean health alternative menu, Friday night Sundae bar.

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to assisted living residents?

Locked doors at night, main offices near front entrance, exterior doors lock with the panic egress bars.

How does Grand Villa of Palm Coast keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

emails, text messages, social media

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Grand Villa of Palm Coast during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime 1:6 for Assisted Living. Memory care Daytime 1:5

If Grand Villa of Palm Coast accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

walking trails

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

routine in services by our health care vendors

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Grand Villa of Palm Coast. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age 79, out to lunch trips, weekly happy hour, and various topics for lunch and learns.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Ocean, golf courses, movies, multiple food and shopping centers, county airport

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Grand Villa of Palm Coast has organized?

Beach, Marine Land, and regular lunch outings

What transportation services does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to independent living residents?

weekly doctor appointments, shopping

What makes the chef or dining program at Grand Villa of Palm Coast exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

95% scratch cooking, suggestions by residents

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

all

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to independent living residents?

Private entrances with private garages, emergency call system

All common areas

Does Grand Villa of Palm Coast work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Over 10 various Health Care 3rd party vendors currently on campus.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime = 1:4, Night time 1:5

What safety features or security measures does Grand Villa of Palm Coast provide to protect residents who wander?

secured memory care and alarmed doors plus 2 in closed court yards

What programs or activities does Grand Villa of Palm Coast offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Life stations, staff join in activities

Health and Wellness Director: upon change of condition or annually

What techniques does Grand Villa of Palm Coast use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Specialized utensils, adaptive utensils, memory care specific foods

How does Grand Villa of Palm Coast keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

text, emails, calls

Describe the neighborhood around Grand Villa of Palm Coast. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

residential housing next door and business 3 miles away

Is Grand Villa of Palm Coast affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

4 mile away

• Pets: Yes, Small Pets Only

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: Ach

About Grand Villa of Palm Coast

Grand Villa of Palm Coast is a lovely senior living community in Palm Coast, Florida, located on lush, tree filled acreage with walking paths. It is the perfect setting for active seniors to enjoy the Florida weather. You have freedom and independence... with personalized support when you need it, for one all-inclusive monthly rate and no long term contract required.

Located on lush, tree filled acreage with walking paths. Independent Living offers spacious 1 & 2 bedroom cottages with full garage.

Map of Grand Villa of Palm Coast