La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

August 05, 2011

By jlue127

My review is based on several volunteer visits from college. While La Jolla Nursing and Rehab seems to be a great center with so many services provided and a great location in a ritzy neighborhood near the beach, I found that the seniors and patients staying here seemed to be unhappy. First of all, the food here was horrible and almost every single time I sat down to eat with a patient, the patient would practically spit out the food and complain about how horrible it was. I understand dietary restrictions but there are ways to not salt a dish without it looking like slop and tasting like slop. There were a few staff members I worked with who were great, super sweet and very attentive to their patients. Yet at the same time, the rest of the nurses were on the extreme in which they would just throw down food in front of the patient, get impatient, and were just incredibly rude. Often times, I saw them chatting with other nurses and not really interacting with a patient. Many seniors require social interaction and most of them are just sitting there and being ignored. The college students I volunteered with were pretty shocked with this type of treatment. One time a nurse said to me, "I can't deal with her - you feed her" and walked off. The facilities themselves need to be updated. The main recreation room is very dark and the "activities" provided such as board games and the piano are all outdated. There is a nice outdoor area where most of the patients get wheelchaired around but that's it. My visit was a few years ago so I hope things have changed but based on another review I read, it doesn't seem like much has which is disappointing. Would I send a loved one here? Definitely not.

About La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in La Jolla, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of La Jolla Nursing and Rehabilitation Center