Atria La Jolla

Reviews of Atria La Jolla

Independent Living Reviews for Atria La Jolla

January 28, 2021

By Bruce

Atria La Jolla was a very nice place. There wasn't really anybody out and about. There was like one resident in the lobby and that was it. The staff was very friendly, very welcoming and very nice. The place was awesome, other than it was a little too small and a little too restrictive for my mom. She is 87, but she is pretty independent, and this was a little restrictive for her. They are using the dining room, but it's only three days a week right now, and they only have 16 people at a time. They have four tables together in four separate areas, so they accommodate 16 people right now in the dining area during the Covid thing, but it was closed when I visited. What they're doing is they're delivering food to the rooms for the other residents, which includes three meals a day. They also have transportation.

Hi Bruce, Thank you for visiting us. We wish you and your mom the best in your senior living search.

February 01, 2019

By Phyllis

I'm a resident of Atria La Jolla, and I was also with them for a year and a half previous. They sent me a card in December saying that if I would commit to moving in January, they would guarantee me an annual fee of under $3,000 a month. I took two of my friends to move here and for each friend that moved here, I got one free month of rent. I liked the location, the amenities, the library, the swimming pool, and the classes. The kitchen, wait staff, and housekeeping are a 4, some of the key administrative staff a 2, though some are higher, and the landscaping people work really very hard. We have a wonderful chef who has a very small budget and he tries the best he can with his enormous skill, but he does not have the ingredients to make really good food. I'm in a furnished apartment now that's cleaned once a week. We don't have enough room and space for some of our exercise classes. The people that come in from outside are very good. There are other activities that are written down but actually do not happen. We have a word game and sometimes we have someone leading it who's not very good with language or vocabulary and doesn't know the meaning of many words that we suggest, but once a month, we have someone magnificent. Our exercise people would be a 4.

Phyllis, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atria La Jolla. We value the feedback of our residents and families, and we have shared your feedback with our community leaders.

March 24, 2018

By food service

the food service is terrible, I waited 20 minutes to place an order and we received the wrong order. I waited 10 min for hot water for tea, I was only served a tea bag. The quality of the food is terrible, chicken caciatore was chicken a few green peppers and fries. The chicken salad was mashed up chicken with no celery or onion added. My mom ordered a chicken sandwich on bagel and was served only an overbrowned bagel. The hallway carpeting smelled of urine. The senior residents are afraid to complain for fear of getting mistreated.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Atria just recently assumed management of this community, and we're committed to providing the best possible service for both our residents and family members, which includes an exceptional culinary experience. We also host monthly Food for Thought meetings to gather feedback from residents and families on our culinary offerings – this month's meeting is scheduled for April 18 at 10 a.m. If you have any questions or would like to speak further, please feel free to email me. In the meantime, I'll pass your note along to the leadership team at the community. -Michelle Eigenheer at Atria Senior Living

July 17, 2017

By Margaret

The Patrician was in a convenient location. The lunch was very good. It's a pretty nice, clean, spacious, fully equipped place with good exercise facilities and nearby shopping. They had exercise classes, arts and crafts, field trips, and transportation for appointments and shopping.

January 26, 2017

By Michael677051

The Patrician was by the airport, and the airplanes fly over, which was fun to watch. They had an excellent, little place for you to barbeque. The rooms were excellent. Everything was great there. They had a storage place outside, which my mom loved. The rooms were great and a perfect size and had a kitchen was like a real kitchen. It had a great view. On the bottom floor, she liked the place where she could walk out. What she liked the most was that they change the menu daily, and the food was excellent. The person who helped us was excellent, and a lot of the people would let you go through their apartment. The even offered for us to eat. I liked it, and I think my mom would like it, too.

We are so pleased to receive this positive review for the Patrician. The Anytime Dining program is very well received by residents and families, so this is good feedback to receive.

January 26, 2017

By Bill438348

The Patrician was the best, even though it was older. They did not have a certain time to eat meals. You could come and eat your meals anytime during the day until 7:00. If I wanted to go there at 2:00 for breakfast, they would fix me breakfast. Their activities were outstanding. The person who took us on the tour was tremendous.

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us. We are proud of our Anytime Dining program and it is great to hear that you enjoyed the person you toured with.

November 01, 2016

By Joel K.

The Patrician was nice. This would be like a 3-star hotel, but it is no comparison to where we are at now. The facility was not as nice, and the dining was just average. The fitness facility was totally poor, and we would have had to go out for our fitness program somewhere else.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate the feedback and hearing about the features that are important to you. Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance!

September 11, 2016

By Peter238024

We saw The Patrician, and it was a much better facility than years ago. It was adjacent to a park, and that was a plus. The rooms were smaller though.

We are glad to hear that your experience at The Patrician was positive! We've made many updates to the community so this feedback is great to receive.

December 28, 2015

By Happy Visitor7

We went to The Patrician. It was very nice, and they were remodeling. One problem I had was with the rooms. The largest room was less than 1,000 square feet, and we were looking for something larger than that. That’s why we didn’t like The Patrician.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you found the apartments to be too small to meet your needs. Please don't hesitate to contact us if your needs should change in the future.

September 29, 2015

By Paul113724850

The Patrician was a very pleasant place. The food was very good. The places they showed us were very fine, well-lit, well-appointed, and well-furnished. It was altogether a positive experience. The people were very polite, attentive, and forthcoming. On one floor, there was a pool table, I think there was a swimming pool, gym equipment, a library, a computer room, and very nice dining room. If I were to choose and I wanted to live in such place, I would have chosen that.

We appreciate that you took the time to write us this positive review! We are so glad to hear about your experience at The Patrician. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

August 21, 2015

By JC5

The Patrician seemed very nice. They had apartments that were fully appointed with kitchen, a garage, and parking. They had a swimming pool outside. I saw the dining room and saw nobody eating there, but the service was very nice.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly with additional feedback.

August 10, 2015

My mother liked the Patrician, it’s small, and it’s beautiful, but it’s pretty expensive. They have full apartments for people, you can hire people in, and they have lots of activities.

We appreciate you taking the time to write us this review, and we are so pleased that your mother enjoyed The Patrician. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions.

April 07, 2015

My visit at The Patrician was very average. The guy was very nice and very accommodating. He did give us some cookies to bring home. On the whole, this is average -- not bad, not wonderful -- but I won't go there. They had small rooms. There was nothing exciting. It was a little farther from everything.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. Our goal is to provide residents with a quality lifestyle and we are disappointed to hear about your experience. Please contact us directly if you are willing to share additional feedback.

November 20, 2014

By David and Julie Smith

This facility is simply amazing. My wife and i visited and stayed at The Patrician recently and it is run like a first class resort. Jeremy and Abraham were our hosts and did a fantastic job showing us the facility and explaining the costs and what actually goes on.They gave us all the information we needed to make a decision regarding our future plans to possibly stay at the facility.The food was most excellent and the happy hour on our last day put the icing on the cake. Based upon what we saw and experienced we would have no hesitation in recommending The Patrician as a great place for anyone (or their parents) to stay in their retirement years. Thank you again Jeremy and Abraham for your kindness and hospitality. Great Job.

October 30, 2013

By Mollie2

This place is lovely, but very expensive at about $3700 a month. It's in a very nice area of San Diego and everything around it is very nice. My mom is a resident at The Patrician for 10 years now. They offer many activities like exercise and yoga. They also take them to outings and provide a bus service to their appointments and back. They also take them to the grocery store and to shopping.

September 25, 2013

By caring1442

I visited The Patrician because it was in my neighborhood. Plus, I see their van every Sunday as they transport their seniors to the same church where I'm going. In other words, I'm quite familiar with it. This place is very lovely. The atmosphere is just very much to my liking. They have very spacious rooms. I had lunch in their dining room and I thought it was beautiful and elegant. I talked to some of their tenants and asked them how they like it, and they said they love the place. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

November 17, 2011

By Michael F.

The Patrician is an extremely nice retirement community home. The building is a modern-style work of art that has amazing landscaping and a lot of nearby attractions that are within walking distance, such as the Costa Verde shopping center and Doyle Park. During my visit, my client and I went to Doyle Park and walked on one of the paths that circled back around to the facility - which was adjoined to it. There are gardens next to a pool that the client can grow vegetables and flowers in - which is a definite plus for most clients in a facility like this. My client and I also visited the nearby Aquarium facility that day. There are plenty of nearby attractions to enjoy while staying at The Patrician. The facility itself was more like a nice hotel than a retirement community. The building looked brand new, and the inside had 1 and 2 bedroom apartment rooms for the clients. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the San Diego area.

Costs for Atria La Jolla

Photos of Atria La Jolla

Services and Amenities of Atria La Jolla

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Activities Extra: Shabbat Service

About Atria La Jolla

Located just north of downtown San Diego in the University City neighborhood, Atria La Jolla is a vibrant community designed to helped older adults enjoy the benefits of a simplified lifestyle.

This inviting residence offers a selection of one- and two- bedroom apartments, each with a full kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances; most floor plans include a private patio or balcony. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a fitness center, full-service salon, library and relaxing outdoor spaces such as a pool, courtyard and patio with barbecue area. Residents also enjoy all-day dining in multiple venues, and a friendly, attentive staff is available 24/7.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. And with a calendar full of events, residents can do what they love or pursue a new passion. From water aerobics classes and happy hours to outings to the Museum of Contemporary Art and nearby Torrey Pines for a round of golf, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Located in the heart of San Diego. Mediterranean styling. Centered around 2 courtyards with cafe tables for outdoor dining. Poolside garden. Wellness center. Paved walking paths. Nearby Torrey Pines Golf Course. Strolling areas around Doyle Park.

Map of Atria La Jolla