14 Assisted Living Facilities near New Caney, TX
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the New Caney area, with 4 in New Caney and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in New Caney is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Porter with an average starting cost of $2,900.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in New Caney. On average, consumers rate assisted living in New Caney 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Porter with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in New Caney, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in New Caney, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in New Caney
New Caney, Texas, is a suburb of the busy city of Houston. A quieter area, New Caney, is still close enough to Houston's city center for big city conveniences, such as medical care, shopping and entertainment. Many seniors may enjoy strolling through the nature trails at Lake Houston Wilderness Park or taking in a quiet afternoon browsing the shelves of the R.B. Tullis Branch Library. New Caney has a population of 70,000, 14% of whom are seniors aged 65 and older, many of whom may need housing in one of the area's four assisted living facilities.
The Texas Department of Health and Senior Services licenses and regulates assisted living communities in New Caney and throughout the state. These are divided into two categories, depending on the level of care residents require. Assisted living facilities are considered Type A facilities, meaning that residents are able to evacuate without assistance in an emergency and do not require overnight supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in New Caney
- New Caney residents enjoy long, hot summers relived by breezes from the nearby Gulf of Mexico. Seniors who are sensitive to high heat may be uncomfortable here, however, as July highs regularly reach into the high 90s. Winters are mild, with January lows in the 40s, which may bring relief to seniors with aching joints or respiratory conditions.
- The overall cost of living in New Caney is 97.4, compared to the U.S. baseline of 100. Housing costs are lower than the national average at 83 compared to the national average of 100. Grocery costs and healthcare, however, both important to seniors in assisted living, are close to the national average.
- The state of Texas has no income tax, including income from Social Security benefits and retirement accounts. This may help seniors budgeting for assisted living.
- New Caney is part of the Houston's Metro public transportation system, which operates throughout the city and suburbs. Seniors and those with a qualifying disability may be eligible for reduced rates.
- New Caney is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital and Kingwood Pines Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- New Caney, as a suburb of Houston, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in New Caney
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in New Caney start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in New Caney and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in New Caney
Texas offers the STAR+PLUS program to help offset the costs of assisted living for seniors in New Caney. This program is provided by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services and is open to those receiving Medicare, Medicaid or SSI income. It serves specific areas of the state, however, and may not be available to all applicants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in New Caney
New Caney and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in New Caney, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in New Caney
New Caney-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in New Caney
Review of J & D Personal Care Home
my son has been at this care home for several years and loves it. Read more
Review of Total Love Care I
We went to Total Love Care I. It was a beautiful place, it was very nice, it was clean, and everybody was really helpful. However, once my father saw the doors locked, he panicked. The staff was gr... Read more
Review of J & D Personal Care Home
J and D personal care home is a great disappointment! It does not meet ADA accessibility standards, nor does it supply the right nourishment, or care. I only visited it once and will not return. Read more