Landon Ridge Kingwood

Reviews of Landon Ridge Kingwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Landon Ridge Kingwood

April 18, 2021

By Carla

We're working with Landon Ridge - Kingwood, but we haven't finalized anything yet. We really liked it. The level of service, the facility -- everything was very nice. The staff has gone out of her way to be helpful. They have a courtyard, dining, a card room, an activity room, a movie theater, and a beauty salon on site. It's very clean.

April 23, 2019

By Jody

Landon Ridge was decorated very formal, which made it look old. I didn't like that they had two dining rooms, and I didn't like that when we were there we only saw three or four people. I also didn't like that when I got there I wasn't given any information. As we were finishing the tour, the staff member gave me the information as far as cost and things like that, but it was odd. Our tour explained to me several times that they have happy hours and that they have guests that like to have their cocktails and things like that. However, it was repeated so many times during the tour that I just got the feeling that the place was full of drinkers, and that turned me off. They showed us the activities room, the dining room, and a room that was staged like a model home; they were all nice to me.

August 09, 2018

By KA

Landon Ridge Kingwood (Isle at Kingwood) does not engage new people in their activities. They just pass out the paper with all the activities of the day. My friend doesn't know anyone or where they're at, so it's been a little uncomfortable. We've been taking her around and showing her things, but when we're not there she just sits in her room and they just let her. She was out of her medication but they wouldn't renew it, saying a family member needs to get it and bring it to the center. They treat it more like a hotel than an assisted living facility, even though we had paid for extra care to administer medicine. The rooms are excellent though and they serve three meals a day. They should improve on activities for the people and provide personal attention to get them to those activities. The staff smiles and say all the right things, but they don't do anything. Once we sign the papers, that's when the service ends. I won't recommend them. They will provide transportation.

November 23, 2016

By Darlene155068

Isle at Kingwood was very nice. The layout was very nice and very homey. I liked the layout, the people were friendly, and it just seemed like a very nice place.

September 09, 2016

By Joe873040

We visited Isle at Kingwood when I was looking for a place for my sister, and it’s a very nice place. The amenities and the rooms that they showed me were wonderful. The staff was impressive. I was introduced to the different staff, and they all seemed very friendly. They have something to do every day. They even have church services. Overall, I am very impressed with the place.

By Karen NelsonNIELA

Tour of facility was great. All the staff have been very helpful, especially Polly and Brandy at the front desk. The facility is clean and well maintained. We are moving my mother-in-law in tomorrow.

By Caring SonSNDKV

My mother will be moving into Isle at Kingwood. It is new, large, and has a lot of amenities. The staff is friendly and professional. They have integrated care, so they go from regular care all the way through to full memory care. It fits her needs, so it works. The dining area is restaurant-style. They post a calendar that has a variety of events meant to engage the various residents and a social director. They take people out to do things on a regular basis, and it has its own salon. It's the right facility for her.

By Happy Visitor12

We only met one staff at Isle at Kingwood; she was very gracious and informative and answered all our questions. It seemed like every little thing we asked them about, there was an extra charge for so that was a turnoff. It’s important to me to have access to a swimming pool for that’s the only kind of exercise I could do and they didn’t have a pool of their own. They said I can go next door and use the pool there so that was a turnoff. It was a pleasant enough place but I’d rather not live there.

April 23, 2016

By Madelaine1

We just popped in at Isle at Kingwood Assisted Living & Memory Care, but they were very kind to show us around a couple of rooms, which we have not gotten to see at every place, so it was very nice. As far as medical needs, if our parents were a little more medically involved, we could really see the need to go to a place like that. There was a doctor on-staff as well as a couple of nurses. The staff was very nice. We were impressed.

February 29, 2016

By Barbara120412950

My mother-in-law is moving to Isle at Kingwood starting the first of the month. It was her choice. It looks like it has been well taken care of and it’s a newer facility than where she was in. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They took us on a tour; they fed us lunch. She liked the food.

January 24, 2016

By AnonymousDaughter102

Isle at Kingwood was nice. The lady that took us around was nice and the rooms were nice too.

December 23, 2015

By Mary121153750

Friendly Staff, good food, kind residents. Signed lease today. thankful for Ed’s time and hospitality.

November 09, 2015

By anonymous115785450

We moved into The Isle at Kingwood. It’s a beautiful place with wonderful programs. My mother gets very good care there. The staff is friendly and well-qualified. The rooms are beautiful, well-lit, spacious, and very attractive. The food is not the best, but it’s fine; there’s nothing wrong with it.

November 07, 2015

By Matha Williams

They have a very clean building. The staff was very cordial. They smiled and greeted us during the tour.

September 30, 2015

By Mary Speer

I love the staff the most. I was the first one here and I love it!

March 31, 2015

The Emeritus at Kingwood was very nice. I liked it a lot, and I saw they did a lot of activities with their people. I went unescorted. I did not go into a room, but I saw their entrance. There was a bar where you could have a glass of wine and I thought that was really nice.

February 10, 2015

By Bette3

We moved my father to Emeritus at Kingwood, and I think it is wonderful. I love the way it looks. I love all the people that I speak with, how nice their status, and how great their rooms are. My dad does volleyball if he wants to, and he goes to movies. They have happy hours on Friday nights, and they go out to lunch. They have several things that they do every week that he is involved in. However, my dad is now in the skilled nursing area because he has pneumonia, but he is recovering very nicely. He is having physical therapy, and I think they are overly great there. I will absolutely recommend them to others, and I am very pleased with them.

February 09, 2015

My aunt was at the Emeritus at Kingwood, and they were great. It was a brand new facility and was very luxurious. It was like walking into a hotel. When she was there, she would always tell me that it takes forever for them to get to her when she fell. That is her only complaint. They had a lot of activities like little parties. They also offer transportation services.

June 18, 2014

By Sharon85495650

I went to Emeritus, and it was a great location because it was walking distance from Kingwood College, which offers a very heavy program for seniors. It was about a block from Kingwood Mental Center, which is an up and coming, good medical facility. They were in the process of building individual cottages and apartments for independent living. I thought that would really appeal to a lot of people. That place looked like a lodge from Colorado. I saw some of the rooms, which were very attractive. I saw a one-bedroom that they had set up as a showroom type place, and that looked great. I also had a chance to see an efficiency room, which was very roomy and nicely arranged. I enjoyed meeting one person there, but I was not able to meet any of the residents or any other staff. However, it was new and attractive. There was no doubt about it.

February 24, 2014

By Caring79241950

My mother is at Emeritus at Kingwood. She has been there about a month and a half now. We chose this facility basically because it was closer to my home. We were investigating at a couple of other facilities because my mom has some needs and Emeritus was the only one who gave us the best answers for this. The place is very nice and new. I think it’s a year old. Mother had to go to the hospital because of an infection and they were some miscommunication in that area and then when mom was out of the hospital and she had someone come and visit her and the lady in the front desk told them that she was at the hospital and so they didn’t have a record that she did come back. So those were the things that kind of concerned me. There is a lady on the floor where she is at that always comes and checks to make sure mother is going to dinner. She is very sweet and has helped me with some boxes of stuff that I bought to my mother I know they play games, have super bowl parties, and a meet and greet. Every Friday they take them to go shopping. They also take them to the doctor's appointment on Monday or Wednesday and they have nursing staff there. We were able to eat there and the food is good. The staff at the dining seemed to be pretty busy, there services are still very good.

December 27, 2013

By whistleblower

I like Emeritus at Kingwood. I hope for my mom to be a future resident there and we're working on that. It was very nice. Their rooms were nice, clean and very homey. They were also convenient and spacious. They have hardwood floors there. The staff was very friendly and caring. Their administrator, Emily, was really helpful. She spent time with me and we worked out a price. I also talked to a lot of people that had left another facility because they were very disappointed there, but when they went to Emeritus, they said that they were very happy here.

December 13, 2013

My mom had a stroke and she is now at Emeritus at Kingwood. The reason why chose that facility is that my mom has some dementia and if she decided to keep her there it will be a nice transition. It's also a beautiful place; it's very comfortable and homey. I really appreciate that, not just for her but for us to go in and relax. The people that had been dealing with her have been fantastic. They were happy to answer our questions anytime that we give them a call. They have been very helpful.

August 14, 2013

By Linda67821050

It was fantastic and a great place. It's a little bit more expensive but it's a very nice place. I'll definitely recommend it to others. I know several people my age that have parents that live there. I don't have any idea on what they need to improve on. They're so good and I don't see anything wrong with this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Landon Ridge Kingwood

Questions about Landon Ridge Kingwood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Landon Ridge Kingwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age for our residents is 84. However, we do have several that are much younger than that. They love our happy hour every Friday, going out to eat and shopping, going to the casino, they love each other and helping each other, they love all the activities and have wonderful ideas.

What programs or activities does Landon Ridge Kingwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We provide an extensive activity calendar. Sundays they have worship services, card games, movies in the theatre, yahtzee, scrabble and puzzle time. Monday they have fitness frenzy, gardening, church services, cycling class, watermelon social, and artist circle. Tuesday they have exercise, nail spa, movie matinee, and color me calm. Wednesdays they have fitness frenzy, what's in a word, daily chronicle, bingo and kings in a corner. Thursdays they have catholic mass, fitness frenzy, daily chronicle, daily devotionals, chef chats, resident council, crafts, nail spa and color me calm. Fridays they have cardio fitness, what's in a word, happy hour, movie matinee and relax & reminisce. Saturdays they have morning stroll, bistro chats, color me calm, bingo, kings in korner, and outdoor stroll.

What places are near Landon Ridge Kingwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located right off kingwood place dr. between northpark drive and kingwood drive. There is a walking trail throughout this part. Very pretty area.

What transportation services does Landon Ridge Kingwood offer to assisted living residents?

We have transportation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday for doctors offices and dialysis. All other transportation to casino, restaurants and outings are planned and in resident binder, put on calendar, and announced to residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Landon Ridge Kingwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a trained Chef that has worked in the hospitality industry for 20 plus years. He is also trained by our Sagora Head Chef and they have exceptional options for our residents. They get served here at Landon Ridge as if they were at a restaurant. They have choices on their menu and everyday items offered. Please email us for a menu sample to see.

What safety features or security measures does Landon Ridge Kingwood offer to assisted living residents?

We have an in and out book that lets us know where the resident is going. We have a system that tracks where resident will be if they have to go to the doctor. We have concierge everyday from 8a-8p. The residents have pull cords in main bedrooms and bathrooms and they also wear pendants that alert staff where they are if pushed. All visitors and staff complete a covid screening and temperature check. All visitors sign in.

How does Landon Ridge Kingwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We do! We pride ourselves on communication. They can get communication from anyone (as long as they are the contact person for said resident) the nursing staff, admin staff and concierge can send emails or call when needed.

Is Landon Ridge Kingwood affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any hospital. We do capture their choice when they move in and it goes in the resident profile. We are at close proximity to both HCA Kingwood and Memorial Hermann NE. This is for the resident &/or family to decide on their care. In emergent situations they will go with first responders. We are 100% for resident choices!!

Costs for Landon Ridge Kingwood

Photos of Landon Ridge Kingwood

Services and Amenities of Landon Ridge Kingwood

• Licenses: Assisted Living Facility, Assisted Living Facility Alzheimers Certificate
  • State Licenses: 149525, 104445

About Landon Ridge Kingwood

Landon Ridge's assisted living offers many floor plans which include efficiency kitchenettes. Also offering weekly housekeeping with linen service, Emergency call system, beauty and barber shop, complimentary transportation, planned social activities and outings, cable, fulltime medication management, nursing and care associates.

Our memory care community offers activity kitchens, daily programming, planned activities and outings. Along with, Resident activity stations, Sagora Pathways and Cherished Connections are tailored around each resident's needs. Residents will enjoy our chef-prepared dining along with weekly housekeeping. Also offering extensive lifestyles programming, health and wellness programs, scheduled transportation, beauty and barber shop, and fulltime medication management, nursing and care associates.

Our community offers a cozy inviting feel with warm colors and a lodge-like atmosphere. Our unique Sagora Pathways programming is engaging for all residents.

Map of Landon Ridge Kingwood