52 Assisted Living Facilities near Humble, TX
There are 52 Assisted Living Facilities in the Humble area, with 5 in Humble and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Humble is $3,692 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Porter with an average starting cost of $2,900.
To help you with your search, browse the 202 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Humble. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Humble 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Porter with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Humble, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Humble, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Humble
Seniors who would like to recapture a little of the Old West can book a horseback ride from the Cypress Trails Ranch in Humble, TX. Routes tend to avoid the urban sprawl of nearby Houston, which has grown out around Humble, where 48 assisted living communities are home to many of the area's aging citizens. These facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, and they provide residents with room and board, emergency assistance and help with normal activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing and dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Humble
- Like Houston, its larger neighbor to the south, Humble, TX, has long, hot summers and very mild winters. August temperatures here average 93 degrees Fahrenheit. Several 100-plus summer days encourage many seniors to stay in their air conditioned rooms until sunset. Winter lows average 44 degrees, which makes for nice nights with open windows.
Prices in Humble are generally lower than in the rest of the country. Seniors who shop for themselves pay about 84 percent the average cost at the grocery store, for instance, while their health care bills are close to 3 percent cheaper than elsewhere in the nation. Transportation is relatively affordable in Humble, where locals pay around 4 percent less per mile than in similar cities nationwide.
- Seniors pay no state income tax in Texas on their retirement income, regardless of its source, since the state doesn't tax income at all. Senior shoppers do pay the state sales tax of between 6.25 and 8.25 percent, however, and drivers across Texas have to deal with the 20 cent gas tax.
- Property crime is very high in Humble, TX. Averaged over all crime categories, the rate here is nearly three times the national figures. Almost all of this is petty theft, however, like shoplifting, and almost none of it is serious violent crimes of the sort seniors need to be concerned about. Between 2007 and 2017, for instance, Humble had only four homicides.
- Public transportation in Humble is provided by the Metropolitan Transit Authority, which operates rural routes in and around the city. Seniors can book paratransit service for curb-to-curb rides on ADA-compliant buses.
- The Humble area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Humble
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Humble start around $3,692 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Humble and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Humble
Seniors with low incomes can apply for the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program. This plan helps Medicaid-eligible aging citizens cover some or all of the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Humble
Humble and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Humble, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Humble
Humble-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Humble, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Humble
Review of Rosemont
It's a nice Christian community. They serve us good meals, and they have a nice piano for me to play. Read more
Review of Rosemont
They go to no end to keep us happy and help us stay focused to reality, which is easily strayed from!!! I would be in a world of trouble if I had to live somewhere else!!! Read more
Review of Rosemont
I love this place and all friends and especially the workers who work so hard to make everything so nice and pleasant here. God's blessings to everyone. I love you. Read more