Located in the Houston metro area, Humble features a long history and many activity options, which have helped make it an attractive home for many seniors. The city has an estimated 15,824 residents, of whom 11.6% are aged 65 years or up. Humble is home to the Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital, which hosts dedicated neuroscience, rehabilitation and cancer care programs, among other offerings. Additionally, seniors who choose nursing home care in Humble pay relatively low rates. Across the country, the average monthly cost for a semiprivate room is $7,756, but in Humble, it is just $5,627, per the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey.

Older adults in need of services like rehabilitation, attention from nurses and 24-hour supervision may find nursing homes to be a good fit; however, nursing homes tend to carry a higher price tag than other types of senior care. Home health care and assisted living are two options for seniors with higher capability levels to consider, as these arrangements cost less.

This guide provides more information on the cost of nursing homes and other senior care setups in Humble. Then, it concludes with a list of senior-focused resources.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Humble, TX

Kindred Rehabilitation Center

18839 McKay Boulevard, Humble, TX, 77338

My mom was at Kindred Rehab. They were wonderful. She had been there two different times for some rehab. I would recommend them to anybody. They’re great. I had no problems with anything.

Kingwood Medical Center

22999 US Hwy 59 N, Humble, TX, 77339

My sister was in rehab at Kingwood Medical Center twice. It’s a very good facility. They saved her life, and I would rate them very highly. The staff was wonderful and all nice. I never saw any of the … (read more)

Park Manor of Humble

19424 MCKAY DR, Humble, TX, 77338

My brother died there in less than 2 weeks because nobody would listen, he had all evidence he had the c virus but nobody would listen to him. Medical personnel never saw him or check him.

Oakmont Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center of Hu

8450 WILL CLAYTON PKWY, Humble, TX, 77338

I have never been in a rehabilitation /nursing home type place in my life. I didn’t know what to expect but this was not like like I could of imagined. It is a clean facility and 99.9% of the employ … (read more)

Deerbrook Nursing Home

9250 Humble Westfield Rd, Humble, TX, 77338

Deerbrook Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation was very helpful in providing all the information we requested and they answered all our questions. They have limitations on the visits and what they can s … (read more)

Crimson Heights Health & Wellness

19279 McKay Drive, Humble, TX, 77338

My mother is staying at Crimson Heights Health & Wellness. For the most part, it is a nice facility. It’s fairly new, so it’s clean. The rooms are spacious for the most part. The assistants are a … (read more)

Fall Creek Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

14949 Mesa Dr, Humble, TX, 77396

If this company would pay their employee a decent salary they might keep some help. They are always short-handed, no proper sheets, pillows, pillowcases, diaper’ workers, food, communication, the list … (read more)

Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Humble

19002 McKay Drive, Humble, TX, 77338

My mother was at Encompass Health Rehabilitation. Her room was fine. She did have a roommate, but she complained that the roommate had to sleep with the TV on and that she had a breathing problem. She … (read more)

Humble Healthcare Center

93 ISAACKS RD, Humble, TX, 77338

Capstone Healthcare Estates at Veterans Memorial

1424 Fallbrook Drive, Houston, TX, 77038

When we first got to Capstone Healthcare Estates at Veterans Memorial, they were doing activities for the seniors. They had them outside playing games and doing stuff with them. When we went inside, t … (read more)

Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites

14100 Karissa Court, Houston, TX, 77049

My dad is at Bridgecrest Rehabilitation Suites for skilled nursing. It’s good. They’re very careful with him. They provide rehab, laundry, and meals. Because my dad can’t get out of bed, they’re also … (read more)

West Janisch Health Care Center

617 West Janisch Rd, Houston, TX, 77018

Very helpful and caring staff. Our family member is treated very well.
Very helpful and caring staff. Our family member is treated very well.

Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

15880 WALLISVILLE ROAD, Houston, TX, 77049

I like the cleanliness of Legend Oaks. The day I was there for my aunt, the staff were very caring. The floor nurse was also very sympathetic and caring. I saw some activities, but I don’t remember … (read more)

Villa Toscana at Cypress Woods Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation

15015 Cypress Woods Medical Drive, Houston, TX, 77014

The staff is very patient with our difficult relative. They treat her with kindness even when she is rude to them. The room and bathroom are quite adequate and large enough. She even now has he … (read more)

Caraday of Houston

6534 Stuebner Airline Road, Houston, TX, 77091

My sister’s clothes were stolen. It was a very cold atmosphere. She was OK one week, the next week she was found dead in her room. She was 65 and had colon cancer, but was not on hospice… how could … (read more)

Regent Care Center of Kingwood

23775 KINGWOOD PLACE, Kingwood, TX, 77339

We have been satisfied with the service that Regent Care Center of Kingwood has given. We can’t say much about the food according to my wife. They’re currently on lockdown so I’ve only been to the wai … (read more)

Ashford Gardens

7210 NORTHLINE DR, Houston, TX, 77076

I been here 3 years and I can say I’ve noticed a positive change from then til now. New leadership has made many changes. Not in the best of areas but it’s a great place to call home finally.

The Heights of North Houston

303 Hollow Tree Lane, Houston, TX, 77090

This place used to be a good facility when my mother first went there in 2014. But right now they are always understaffed. When asking questions about my mothers doctors appointments the nurses alwa … (read more)

Silver Springs Rehabilitation And Healthcare

12350 Wood Bayou Dr, Houston, TX, 77013

I have visited Silver Springs a few times as a volunteer with the PALS organization with the local school district. I found that Silver Springs staff was always pleasant and very helpful each time I … (read more)

Northwest Health and Rehabilitation Center

17600 CALI DR, Houston, TX, 77090

Clothes and cell phone stolen. Every time you call you get excuse after excuse. The cell phone provider tracked the cell phone to Northwest Medical and Rehab. I informed them of that and they still wi … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Humble, Texas

In Humble, nursing homes charge monthly average rates of $5,627 for semiprivate rooms and $7,635 for private rooms.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

While Humble’s median monthly nursing home rate of $5,627 is much lower than the US national average of $7,756, it is higher than the Texas state average of $5,019. As for nearby cities, in Austin, the average is $5,201, making it several hundred dollars less expensive than Humble. The same goes for College Station and Beaumont, which have matching averages of $5,262. To a lesser extent, Victoria is also cheaper than Humble. There, the average cost is $5,353 per month.

$5627

Austin

$5353

Victoria

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In Humble, nursing homes are the priciest arrangement, as semiprivate rooms cost $5,627, and private rooms cost $7,635 per month on average. Assisted living facilities charge a median rate of $4,750, while home care and home health care typically cost $4,290. Adult day health care is the most affordable arrangement, with a median rate of $1,138.

$4290

Adult day health care

$4750

Assisted living

$5627

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$7635

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Humble was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Houston, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Humble, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Humble, Texas

The Humble area is home to many organizations and agencies that support older adults. Below are some examples of what they do. Certain services facilitate living at home for seniors, thereby delaying transitions to higher levels of care, while others assist those in or moving to long-term care facilities.

ResourceContact Service
Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program(832) 393-4301
Coordinated by the Harris County Area Agency on Aging, the LTC Ombudsman Program’s purpose is to boost and maintain the quality of life of residents of long-term care facilities. Its trained, volunteer representatives liaison between residents and staff members, and they work toward resolving conflicts through investigation, negotiation and mediation. Additionally, the program’s ombudsmen work to hold nursing homes to acceptable standards of care.
Nutrition Programs(832) 393-4301The HCAAA also operates congregate and home-delivered meals programs. Home-delivered meals are available to homebound seniors 60 years of age and up. Seniors can call to find out about their eligibility, and friends and family members can also refer vulnerable elders. Transportation to congregate meal locations is available as well.
Health Information, Counseling and Advocacy Program(800) 252-9240
HICAP’s counselors educate Medicare-eligible clients on their potential benefits and help with the Medicare enrollment process. Additionally, counselors guide clients through appeals and explain their rights. Information is also available on prescription drug coverage, supplemental insurance and related matters.
Harris County Veterans Service Office(281) 876-6600The Harris County VSO is a resource for military veterans, including seniors, who wish to learn about and apply for compensation packages, pensions and medical benefits. The VSO works with veterans’ survivors and dependents as well. It assists with finding documentation and completing forms, and it has helpful connections with the Social Security Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs and other government entities.
Home Repair Program(832) 927-4957Harris County’s Home Repair Program is a potential way for low-income seniors to rehabilitate their dwellings. Income and asset limits apply, and recipients must be up to date on property tax payments. Seniors 62 years of age and older may be able to access up to $20,000 for small-scale home repairs and accessibility modifications, and larger amounts are possible for bigger projects.