121 Assisted Living Facilities near Spring, TX
There are 121 Assisted Living Facilities in the Spring area, with 28 in Spring and 93 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Spring is $3,729 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Humble with an average starting cost of $3,692.
To help you with your search, browse the 612 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Spring. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Spring 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Porter with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 15 families in Spring find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Spring, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Spring, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Spring
Spring, Texas is a suburb on the outskirts of Houston in Harris County. The town is quiet, with plenty of outdoor activities, as well as proximity to Houston for cultural excursions. There are 53 assisted living facilities in the Spring area, plenty for seniors who make up 12.6 percent of Spring's 55,000 population to find a good fit.
Texas assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services and licensed based on residents' ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime assistance is necessary. Type A facilities house residents able to evacuate independently in an emergency, while Type B facilities' residents require staff assistance and direction in emergency situations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Spring
- South Texas weather means long, hot summers and mild winters with no snow. This close to the Gulf of Mexico, however, there is a likelihood that residents will be affected by hurricanes. Seniors who are sensitive to the heat may not enjoy living here. July average high temperatures are 93 degrees, while January highs are 44.
- Spring's cost of living is 88, based on a U.S. average of 100. Health care costs are close to the national average, while both housing and grocery costs fall below.
- Spring violent crime rates are about 10 points higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crimes are slightly higher compared to the U.S. average. Seniors are advised to use caution.
- The Houston area Metro public transportation system, consisting of buses and paratransit services, offers reduced rates for seniors and those with a qualifying disability.
- The Spring area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital and Christ St. Luke's hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Spring is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Spring
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Spring start around $3,729 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Spring and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Spring
Seniors in Spring may be eligible to receive help paying for assisted living through the Texas Department of Health and Human Services. Services include placement into facilities that match the level of care needed. Seniors who receive Medicaid or Medicare benefits, or who have SSI income or VA benefits, may also be eligible for payment assistance through the STAR+PLUS program. It serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Spring
Spring and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Spring, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Spring
Spring-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Spring, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Spring
Review of The Bellaire Senior Lodges
We went to the The Bellaire Senior Lodges. The tour was ok and it's a beautiful place. I just didn't think it was a large enough place for my mother-in-law. The food smelled very good, but we didn'... Read more
Review of Wood Glen Court
We are temporary residents here during the week that our sister community was closed to repair flood damage from broken pipes during the hard freeze. They outdid themselves creating living space f... Read more
Review of Wood Glen Court
I went to Wood Glen Court. The visit was real good. I was pleasantly surprised with everything, and they showed me everything there. The rooms looked real good. They had a private room where you go... Read more