The city of Spring, Texas is home to 62,559 people, 10.2% of which are 65 years old or older. Various forms of dementia, including Alzheimer’s, have a significant impact on aging populations across the United States. This is especially true for a growing number of seniors in Spring, TX; the city saw a staggering 60.27% increase in deaths due to Alzheimer’s from 2014 (740 deaths) to 2018 (1,186 deaths). This rise in deaths is much higher than the increase in overall deaths for the same period, which sits at 14.58%. The notable jump in Alzheimer’s-related deaths in Spring, TX suggests dementia is a prevalent issue for members of the community.

Luckily, Spring, TX offers many resources to seniors and individuals living with dementia to support them and help improve their quality of life. From around-the-clock care to therapeutic activities and senior assistance programs, there are plenty of ways people living with Alzheimer’s in this Texas city can seek help as they age.

Memory Care Facilities in Spring, TX

2016

Spring Creek Village

20305 Holzwarth Rd, Spring, TX, 77388

I chose Spring Creek Village for my husband mainly because I had to hurry and get a place within 5 days. The other place he was in went into foreclosure and we had 3 days to move him. This place is on … (read more)

Atria Cypresswood

6611 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX, 77379

I’ve been many times to Atria Cypresswood because we had a friend that was a resident there. I was very disappointed. The room they showed us was not prepared. They shouldn’t have shown me that room b … (read more)

Assisted Living and Memory Care – Ultimate Care by God’s Angels

29730 Spring Terrace Drive, Spring, TX, 77386

The professional, kind, caring staff and administration provided the best of care for my husband in his last days. God’ Angels was an answer to our prayers. Every time we had a question or need, the … (read more)

Sycamore Creek Ranch- Cypresswood

6510 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX, 77379

Sycamore Creek Ranch-Cypresswood is very clean, and it was a nice facility, but it’s just not what I need for my husband. I think there’s only fourteen residents, and they had one room available at th … (read more)

The Pines at Oakhurst

Avanti at Augusta Pines

24520 Community Center Drive, Spring, TX, 77389

Autumn Leaves of Cypresswood

6327 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX, 77379

My husband is at Autumn Leaves of Cypresswood and I am very pleased with them. The community is very homey. The staff all seem to be very helpful and caring individuals. The rooms are clean. The staff … (read more)

New Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care – Spring

21327 Falvel Road, Spring, TX, 77388

I visited New Haven Assisted Living & Memory Care – Spring. It looked aesthetically beautiful, it had a great backyard for the memory care people, and the lady who assisted me was extremely nice. … (read more)

Village Green Alzheimer’s Care Home – Spring

19065 Champions Forest Drive, Spring, TX, 77379

Village Green Alzheimer’s Care Home – Spring looked fine, but there was not enough parking. Their extra parking didn’t have a smooth path to get into the building. It was like a tripping hazard. The … (read more)

AutumnGrove Cottage – Champions – CLOSED

8733 Eastloch Dr., Spring, TX, 77379

AutumnGrove Cottage in Spring was a nice place. They seemed really compassionate and caring. It was a small memory care facility. It was very clean, and the staff we met was very nice. I can tell that … (read more)

Mercy Elderly Assisted Living Inc.

19003 Mirror Lake Dr., Spring, TX, 77388

My friend is a resident of Mercy Elderly Assisted Living Inc. The community was fine. I was uncomfortable with the arrangements. I addressed a couple of things that I thought would be a little more co … (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016

Reunion Court of Kingwood

929 Rockmead Drive, Kingwood, TX, 77339

I toured the Reunion Court of Kingwood for my husband. I toured more of the memory care, but I think I toured both memory and assisted living. It was very nice. I didn’t get to tour with the lady that … (read more)

The Village at The Woodlands Waterway

2323 Lake Robbins Drive, The Woodlands, TX, 77380

We went to see The Village at The Woodlands Waterway. The place faces over to the waterway in The Woodlands. It was okay but the thing I didn’t like about that was that their memory care facility was … (read more)

2013, 2014

Heritage Tomball

1221 Graham Dr, Tomball, TX, 77375

My mother moved into Heritage Tomball. It’s not as expensive as the other ones in the area. The care is OK, and they put her in memory care. She’s doing well. It’s a huge place, there are people there … (read more)

COVID-19 Rules for Memory Care in Spring

Since most COVID-19 rules for Memory Care Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Memory Care in Texas. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.

What to Consider About Memory Care in Spring

In Spring and the state of Texas, seniors can seek resources and support through Texas Health and Human Services (HHS), a government agency committed to helping eligible older Texans in various ways. HHS creates opportunities for seniors to live independently in their homes, access meals, find assisted living and memory care programs they qualify for and provides support and tools to family caregivers.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Memory Care in Spring

• Support for seniors is available through the HHS Medical Transportation Program. Free rides for nonemergency medical transportation on public transit, taxi or van services and commercial transit (out of area) are all viable options for seniors to access the care they need.
  • Exceptional healthcare services are available in and around Spring, Texas. The city is located approximately a half hour drive from Houston, which a 2019 Medbelle survey ranked as the ninth best hospital city in the United States.
  • Texas is one of a few states that doesn’t require individuals to pay income tax, benefiting seniors who decide to make Spring their home.
  • There’s a focus on senior well-being in Texas thanks to the “Good Food. Good Move.” program, organized by the Texas HHS. This program offers fitness activities for seniors, webinars for health education and promotes healthy eating habits.
  • For seniors seeking sunny skies, Spring, TX offers beautiful weather year-round with 204 days of sunshine annually, almost on par with the national average of 205 days.
  • Seniors in Texas may be eligible for help with their energy utility bills through the state-run Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP). The program provides financial relief to low-income elderly or disabled households, paying up to six or eight of their highest energy bills for the year.
  • Spring, TX has a relatively low crime rate of 2.18 per 1,000 residents. For comparison, a larger city like Dallas has a crime rate of 31.01 per 1000 residents
  • Spring boasts a “Good” air quality rating of 15 on the US air quality index (AQI), which is good news for seniors who like to spend time enjoying the outdoors.
  • The cost of living in Spring, TX is above state average. Assuming a USA cost of living index of 100, the overall cost of living in the state of Texas is 93.9, below the national average. However, in Spring, TX specifically, the overall cost of living is slightly higher than the state average at 98.7.

Paying for Memory Care in Spring

The cost of memory care is about 20-30% higher than the cost of assisted living in any given city. Therefore, we calculate the cost of memory care in Spring, TX as the cost of assisted living plus an additional 25%. Based on data from the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2021 for the Houston Area, the cost of memory care for seniors living with dementia near Spring is $5306/month.

The Cost of Memory Care in Nearby Cities

The cost of memory care in Spring, TX is above the state average for Texas by $308, but below the national average for the United States by $319. When looking at nearby cities in the state, Spring offers some of the most affordable memory care in the Southeast of Texas. It’s drastically less than Victoria, by $1,694 per month, and $1,375 less than Austin. Prices for Spring, TX memory care are comparable to that of Beaumont Area, which is just $159 more monthly.

$5306

Spring, TX (Based on Houston Area)

$4998

Austin, TX

$7000

Victoria, TX

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Memory care is one of the most expensive types of senior care in Spring, TX. It costs $731/month, which is more than in-home assistance, which includes things like homemaker services or a home health aide. Adult day health care is one of the most affordable senior care options in Spring, costing $4,207 less than memory care per month. Assisted living is also 25% more affordable than memory care. The cost of a semi-private room in a nursing home facility is comparable to the cost of memory care in Spring, TX, running just $44 less per month for the semi-private room. A private room in a nursing home facility is by far the most expensive senior care option in the city, running $2,450 more than memory care per month.

$5306

$5262

Nursing Home Facility Semi-Private Room

$7756

Nursing Home Facility Private Room

Note: Data for Spring, TX was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Houston Area, TX, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Spring

In Spring, there are options for seniors who need financial assistance paying for Memory Care. For more information about other options, who qualifies, and how to apply, Memory Care in Texas page.

More ways to pay for memory care in TX

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care

While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Texas page.

Free Memory Care Resources in Spring

There are plenty of free memory care resources in Spring, Texas for seniors living with Alzheimer’s and dementia. The Texas HHS department runs several programs that help make transportation, social activities and financial support for medical care more accessible to vulnerable individuals.

Resource

Contact

Service

800-272-3900

Serving Southeast Texas and the Greater Houston Area for more than three decades, The Alzheimer's Association helps seniors get the care they need as they learn to navigate life with early stage dementia. It offers early stage programs to help seniors and their loved ones handle changes in memory following diagnosis.

1-855-937-2372

The ADRC is designed to help Texans find and access LTSS (long term support and services) for loved ones living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. It helps seniors and their families find and access funding resources and understand whether they are eligible for various services.

1-800-252-9240

The Alzheimer's Disease Program seeks to increase awareness about the disease, offering information and resources on its website. It offers insight into each stage of the Alzheimer's journey.

Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Spring

Spring Memory Care Communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all Memory Care Facilities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Texas page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations for memory care in Texas