53 Assisted Living Facilities near The Woodlands, TX
With an average cost of $4,305 in The Woodlands, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 79 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in The Woodlands.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in The Woodlands, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in The Woodlands
The Woodlands, Texas, is a master planned community located just outside of busy Houston. Originally planned as a bedroom community, it's grown into a business center in its own right, while still preserving the quiet of a friendly suburb. Many seniors enjoy the shopping and dining options along the waterway or visits to the newly opened Glade Cultural Center. There are 22 assisted living communities in The Woodlands and a total of 95 in the city of Houston. These facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Senior Services which licenses based on the level of care residents require.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in The Woodlands
- South Texas weather means long, hot summers and mild winters with no snow. Seniors who are sensitive to the heat may not enjoy living here. July average high temperatures are 96 degrees and average January lows are 44.
- The cost of living in The Woodlands is 117.5, compared to a U.S. average of 100. Health care and grocery costs are slightly lower than the national average; however, housing is more than 150 percent of the national average.
- Both violent crime and property crime rates are about 25 percent lower than the national average.
- The Woodlands offers Park and Ride services into Houston as well as a trolley serving the central business district. Seniors and those with a qualifying disability may also receive paratransit services through The Woodlands Township.
- The Sugar Land area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital and Houston Methodist hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Woodlands, as a suburb of Houston, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in The Woodlands
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in The Woodlands start around $4,305 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in The Woodlands and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in The Woodlands
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services may be able to place seniors in The Woodlands assisted living facilities. Those receiving Medicare, Medicaid or SSI income and benefits may be eligible for partial payment for assisted living fees. This STAR+PLUS service is available in specific areas of the state and may help provide an alternative to nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in The Woodlands
The Woodlands and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in The Woodlands, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in The Woodlands
The Woodlands-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in The Woodlands, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in The Woodlands
Review of The Village at The Woodlands Waterway
Village at The Woodlands Waterway was a very nice facility. It appeared to be run very well and it's very close to The Woodlands amenities, which are nice as well. It has a trolley that goes right ... Read more
Review of Reunion Court of the Woodlands
I liked Reunion Court of the Woodlands. The facility itself, and the caregivers were very nice. I would rate them a five, but I usually take my mom for walks in her wheelchair and there's not a gre... Read more
Review of The Village at The Woodlands Waterway
We've been down at The Village at The Woodlands Waterway and we liked it. It was pretty good. It was probably the best assisted living place we looked at. They gave us a good tour and most of the p... Read more