The Wellington at Conroe

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

500 River Pointe Drive, Conroe, TX 77304
The Wellington at Conroe (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 3 days

April Showers of Savings! Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of The Wellington at Conroe

Assisted Living Reviews for The Wellington at Conroe

By Donna J

The best assisted living facility in my area. Hands down. I never worry about my mom. They are caring, professional, kind and loving. I can’t say enough about the people who work there. The food is really good with a good variety and made with love. The place is clean and pretty and my moms room is very cute and clean.

Hi Donna J, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Wellington at Conroe. We're happy we could meet your expectations! What an incredible review Donna!!

By Texas Native

A very dedicated staff with great facilities.

Hi Texas Native, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Wellington at Conroe!

By Stacy B.

They have gone above and beyond for my mother. They keep in contact with the me if my mom is having any health issues and stay on top of it. Great meals are prepared daily, clean and friendly facility.

Stacy B., we are so happy to read such a great review about The Wellington at Conroe!

By Susan Brown

The ladies at the Wellington are seriously the best. My mother has been there for almost two years. She has friends, play games, mother has grown mentally due to the help at the Wellington. Thank you ladies.

Hi Susan Brown, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

October 05, 2020

By Yvonne

I have been highly satisfied and pleased with the care and specialized attention that the staff has provided for my 96-year old father at The Wellington Assisted Living in Conroe. He is very healthy, happy and pleased with all the kindness and care from the staff. The executive director has been outstanding in her management and communication. She and her staff respond quickly with any concerns. The medical oversight (Jinnette), creative activities (Stephanie), delicious meals, and caring maintenance (Harley).

Hi Yvonne, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Wellington at Conroe!

March 19, 2020

By Allen

My mother moved into The Wellington at Conroe. It's been good, the staff is helpful, friendly, and she has a medium-size room. It's sufficient for her. The food is good, not exceptional, but good. They have an exercise class, and they do bingo. She's in assisted living, it's not big, around 30 people, you know everybody, and they don't get lost. It's pretty homey.

March 07, 2020

By Linda

The Wellington at Conroe is a lot older and the rooms weren't as nice as my mom's current community. The person who assisted me during the tour was good and very informative. When I was there they were having a cooking class, and the residents seemed to be pretty happy there.

October 09, 2018

By Carol

My friend is in independent living at The Wellington at Conroe. It's very nice and I don't have any complaints. My friend is very happy with it. The rooms are very nice and the dining area is lovely. They have bingo and games. The residents I've met have been very nice and are friendly with my friend. The administrator made sure my friend met the people right away. I was very pleased the first time I went there, from the way I was received to the way I was treated. She has improved greatly since she's been there. They've been very accommodating. I'm very happy with the staff and maintenance. They've just done a superb job. The facilities were very good and lovely.

July 31, 2018

By Nancy Carlson

I have been around this facility for the last 5 years. In the last year this have change drastically. Its amazing what the management has done, Its colorful, Bright, the management always has a smile on their face and always lends a helping hand. Its just like home, I would recommend this place to everyone i know. The ED is always bubbly and inviting to others. The Maintenance man is very helpful whether its moving furniture or even as simple as replacing a light bulb. The Activity Director is always doing activities with the residents. The Business Office Manager is always smiling and happy to greet you. Its amazing to see how much this facility has grown in a year and a half.

May 30, 2018

By silentsally2

Do not move your loved one to this place you will regret it! Bad management!! Bad food! And Bad care!!

Silentsally2, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We have made some positive changes and would love another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

July 27, 2017

By Silent Sally

Please don't ever put your loved ones in this facility. When I first placed my mother, it was great. There was management that knew what they were doing, then when the executive left, it all went down hill. Now, there is management that literally have no idea what they are doing. The ED is someone with absolutely NO experience and they are supposed to be taking care of your loved ones and they could care less. I will be moving my mother soon. So please, go elsewhere when placing your family members.

Silent Sally, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We have made positive changes and would love an opportunity to make another impression.

September 06, 2016

By Aunt Pookie

Be very careful. yes the rooms are nice and most of care staff are great. But things have slipped in the past few months. The head nurse position has changed at least 3 times in the past 6 months with little continuity of service. The food quality has also suffered as the person in the position ow is learning; lately meals have been donuts and fruit for breakfast and cold cut sandwiches and chips for dinner. Hopefully the management will get into gear and fix these problems.

June 10, 2016

By Sue238058

The rooms are very nice at Wellington and are equipped witha refrigerator, kitchenette, bar area, and their own personal washer and dryers. The staff comes in and helps them. Each room has its own patio. Mom seems to be pretty pleased with it. Occasionally, there’s something that she doesn’t like, but other than that, it’s pretty good. There’s bingo every day, but I think the part that’s lacking the most is the activities on weekends. I would have to say that’s probably one of the biggest things. The staff is pretty good; I don’t have any problems with anybody in particular.

May 25, 2016

By Jeanne407044

The Wellington is my favorite; that’s probably the one I’m going to go with. It’s a quaint, smaller community who do a really good job of making it feel homey and like it's a connected, extended family. It’s a smaller community with 20 residents, but they’re in good shape with staff and help. They have an RN usually they’re there during the daytime and care providers to help them do the daily routine of the residents. The rooms are good and have a kitchenette, and a washer and dryer. The amenities are good. It’s quieter, tucked away, scenic, and has a lot of landscaping around. Physical therapy is available in their other building.

December 30, 2015

By Doyle F.

The Wellington was open, and there was plenty of room to walk around. The park area inside was nice, and there's just a lot of room around it. I saw two rooms; one of them had a bedroom, a kitchen, and an office, and the other one just had a bedroom and a kitchen, but both were fairly nice and fairly large. This was one of the nicest places. The staff was very helpful. They had plenty of time to talk to me and they took plenty of time to show me around. They had an exercise room and a small library. It's probably the nicest place in this area.

August 20, 2015

The Wellington was truly a nice place; everybody looked happy. The rooms were not big but roomy. I noticed they were playing cards and exercising.

October 06, 2014

By James99916350

I chose The Wellington for my mother because of the services provided. The staff is well trained and very attentive. The facility is fairly old but it is fairly well maintained and the rooms have been refurbished. The food is good. It is probably better than the last facility we had my mother. Overall, it is better. They have the usual activities. Because of my mother's condition, she is not able to participate in a lot of their activities, but they do offer quite a few activities. What I like best about The Wellington is the level of care. They check on my mother every hour. Also, they have a physician who would visit once a week. Another important advantage is that they are two blocks away from the hospital. I would recommend this facility to others. Food is fresh. They have a nice variety. They bring a tray to my mother since she is in a wheelchair and she mostly eats in her room.

July 16, 2014

By ccare

Beautiful, clean buildings inside and out. Friendly, caring staff. The nurse and staff are great with my loved one. Great communication with any changes. I would and do recommend the wellington to others.

July 16, 2014

By ssmow

I recently was visiting my family member, and noticed how attentive the nurse was to my loved one and treated him as her own family. The building is beautiful and very clean. I would and do recommend the wellington at conroe to those who need it.

July 09, 2014

By service

The place was very nice, we went for lunch and a tour. We sat down for lunch and the Nurse did not sit and talk with us at all. She told another staff member when ask why she did not sit with us " There not going to be ready for a year what difference does it make, I'm going for lunch and she left the building. I thought that was rude. I will not be moving their.

June 26, 2014

I like the apartment size of the assisted living of Wellington. The rooms had a full kitchen, a living area, and one bedroom with a bathroom. It also has easier access to the areas, and it has a homier feel.

February 03, 2014

By 082257

The Wellington has gone way, way downhill. The apartments are spacious and nice and the staff are nice and do their best. However, the food is awful and the menus are a joke. They frequently run out of food on the weekends. There is rarely any fresh fruits or vegetables. They serve stuff like chili hotdogs and expect seniors to et enough nutrition to stay healthy??? It's a great location, close to the hospital and doctors offices. But with such terrible food it is not worth the price. We are planning to move my mother out of there as quickly as possible. It used to be much better but this is ridiculous.

November 16, 2013

By Helen31

My friends have a two-bedroom apartment at the Wellington. They like the food.They don't have to cook if they don't want to. The apartment is cleaned once a week. They have their own washer and dryer. They got to take their cat with them and the place feels very comfortable for them. They love it there and they are very happy.

December 07, 2011

By Tours

The facility has actually two building, one independent and the other one assisting living. The independent building is much bigger. In the independent building, the rooms are one or two bedrooms, it has a kitchen, one or two bathrooms, a livingroom, and a balcony. The rooms in the assisting living has a bathroom and room for a bed. In both building the rooms have washer and dryer. Both of the places have been remodel this year and it looks beutiful. They have a hairsalon in the building, which is conviniant. There is coffee and juice machines, so you can drink whenever you want. The staff is very friendly. Residents have two choices for every meal, but the food is very poor on taste. From the residents comments, it seems they dont like the food they provide. There are not many activities, which i didnt like. Also the housekeeper could do a better job. Its very hard to find a parking spot, their parking lot is very small. Overall, the place was pretty but i wouldnt place my parents, in a place where the food is not good. I was mainly looking for a place with good food, many activities to keep my parents busy. Esperanza did not meet my requirements.

Independent Living Reviews for The Wellington at Conroe

September 10, 2020

By Carol

I chose The Wellington (independent living) for my father when I relocated him from Nebraska to Texas after looking at two other places in my area. I was most impressed with The Wellington management and staff as well as the facility itself and have not been disappointed. Feels like family.

February 01, 2020

By Dawn

The reason why we chose The Wellington at Conroe for my mom was because it's smaller. She has memory issues so it would be better for her. The place was very clean and homey. The person who assisted me during the tour was very nice. We checked out 3-4 rooms. The one I looked at was very dated but they're in the middle of remodelling it, before my mom moves in. I think it's going to be lovely.

October 30, 2018

By Nancy

The staff at The Wellington at Conroe and the tour guide and director were wonderful. It's just a little too small for us, and it's too much like a nursing home. The units were lovely, and they were larger than a lot of things we've looked at. There were not too many activities for the residents, they had card games and stuff like that, but it didn't seem like they had an activities director. They were renovating when we were there, and they were redoing their kitchens and stuff. It was very clean and well-landscaped around there, and I love their porches. They were very accommodating, I asked several questions about painting the walls or screening in our porch, and they said we can do that. There's a lot of pluses. It's just a little too small. They offered us a meal, but we didn't take part in it.

August 01, 2018

By Jerry

The Wellington at Conroe wasn't dirty at all, but it didn’t seem as well-kept as the other places I saw. It's also much smaller. The staff wasn't real anxious to show me around, but they were polite. I didn't feel at home there compared to the other communities. They seemed in a hurry to get me in and out and I don't know why. There weren't any activities going on while I was there. They showed me the courtyard which was fairly nice. I also saw some of the offices and the entryway.

July 06, 2018

By Jerry

My daughter wanted my wife to go to Conroe, so we have moved her into The Wellington at Conroe. It seems to be more expensive than you would expect, but it is a nice setting, and it seems fairly new. The grounds and the building are well-maintained. The staff is very good. Their service seems good too. They have been taking my wife to her doctors' appointments. The rooms are spacious. My wife's room has a separate bedroom and a nice walk-in shower. It is about what she needs. The food is good. My wife seems to be happy with it. However, they're complaining about not having enough activity. They do have exercises. Also, my wife's physical therapy is right around the corner, so they come over there. She doesn't have to go anywhere. She feels like, and I do too, that she is doing better than she was.

Photos of The Wellington at Conroe

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Ach

About The Wellington at Conroe

Find a new you at The Wellington at Conroe, offering Independent Living and Assisted Living services in Conroe, Texas. Our community invites residents to appreciate the benefit of living in a community that puts you first. Residents choose from a number of floor plans, all of which strike the perfect balance between safety features and comfortable amenities. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living. You can be assured that The Wellington at Conroe provides the quality care that will allow residents to remain as self-reliant as possible while living in a supportive environment. Residents are friendly and eager to spark conversations in our vibrant common areas or swap stories over a delicious meal in our dining room. When residents seek something exciting, they can turn to our packed activity calendar, which constantly has something for everyone. Even more fun can be found just minutes away, with great shopping, dining and entertainment venues easily accessible via the nearby highway. Top-rated medical facilities offer residents and their family and friends peace of mind. Regardless of what service residents seek, chances are The Wellington at Conroe has it.

Map of The Wellington at Conroe