15 Assisted Living Facilities near Longmeadow, MA
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Longmeadow area, with 1 in Longmeadow and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Longmeadow is $3,336 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Springfield with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Longmeadow. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Longmeadow 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Springfield with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Longmeadow, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Longmeadow, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Longmeadow
Longmeadow is located in Hampden County in central Massachusetts. This small town has a settled history stretching back before the pre-Colonial era and is home to Bay Path University. Longmeadow has a population of nearly 16,000, 24 percent of whom are seniors over 62. Those seeking assistance with daily living tasks in Longmeadow will find 1 assisted living facilities there and 15 more nearby. Assisted living facilities in Longmeadow, and all of Massachusetts, are regulated through the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Longmeadow
- The climate in Longmeadow means warm, humid summers and cold winters with plenty of snow. Temperatures in July reach average highs of 84 degrees Fahrenheit, while lows in January get into the teens. Seniors who are sensitive high heat may be more comfortable here, but those who have trouble with snow and ice may not.
- Longmeadow's cost of living is 125.7 compared to a U.S. average of 100. Housing costs increase this average, at 170 compared to the U.S. base of 10. Grocery and health care costs are less, however, coming in at 103.5 and 84, respectively. The higher housing costs may increase room and board in assisted living facilities.
- Crime rates in the U.S. are measured on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest. In Longmeadow, violent crimes rate 24.7 compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crimes are also much lower, at 22 compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors may move about safely but should remember to take precautions when traveling to the nearby larger cities.
- Massachusetts does not tax Social Security income, which may help Longmeadow residents better afford assisted living. Further tax credits include one specifically for those older than 65, as well as certain disabilities and other qualifications, adding more money to seniors' pockets.
- Longmeadow is home to world-class medical facilities, including East Longmeadow Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation and Baystate Health Urgent Care in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Longmeadow residents aged 60 and older may use the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority minibus to get around town. The bus runs on a limited schedule, with para transport available on appointment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Longmeadow
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Longmeadow start around $3,336 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Longmeadow and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Longmeadow
Massachusetts residents may be eligible for state supplements for assisted living in addition to federal aid. The State Supplement Program (SSP) offers assisted living supplemental payments depending on the individual's living arrangements. This is referred to as SSI-G. SSI-G beneficiaries use the benefit to buy room and board in assisted living. The program is income-based and open to all who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Longmeadow
Longmeadow and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Longmeadow, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Longmeadow
Longmeadow-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Longmeadow, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Longmeadow
Review of Ruth's House
Ruth's House was exceptional and professionally run. The people were very nice. The director was well informed and great in her presentation. There was a lot going on, like people playing cards and... Read more
Review of Ruth's House
My mother lived at Ruth's House for many years now and we absolutely love it. The staff is very accommodating, friendly and goes above and beyond. I would def. recommend this facility to anyone loo... Read more
Review of Ruth's House
We got a very brief tour of Ruth's House because they didn’t know we were coming. The place was beautiful, and everything was gorgeous. The rooms were fine and accommodating. The staff who gave us ... Read more