13 Assisted Living Facilities near East Longmeadow, MA
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Longmeadow area, with 2 in East Longmeadow and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Longmeadow is $4,285 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Longmeadow with an average starting cost of $3,336.
To help you with your search, browse the 101 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Longmeadow. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Longmeadow 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Torrington with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Longmeadow, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Longmeadow, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Longmeadow
The town of East Longmeadow, which is situated just five miles southeast of downtown Springfield, has a population of a little over 16,000 people. This town has a large senior community, which comprises over 20 percent of the total population. While this small town only has two assisted living communities to support the senior population of more than 3,200 people, seniors who are willing to look out farther will find another 13 facilities.
In East Longmeadow, as in all of Massachusetts, assisted living facilities are officially known as assisted living residences (ALRs) and provide supportive services that allow seniors to age in place, even as their care needs evolve. All facilities are certified and regulated by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Longmeadow
- The overall cost of living in East Longmeadow is about 13 percent higher than the national average, which may be a concern for seniors on a tight budget. However, healthcare costs come in about 16 percent below the U.S. average, which may offset the higher cost of groceries and transportation.
- While East Longmeadow seniors don't pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, most other forms of retirement income are taxable in Massachusetts.
- The rate of violent crime in East Longmeadow is quite low, ranking at 13.5 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest. This is compared to the national average of 31.1. The rate of property crime is higher at 32.6, though it is still lower than the national average of 38.1. These low crime rates may provide peace of mind to seniors as they transition to assisted living in this town.
- The Tri-Town Trolley senior van service provides low-cost transportation in town and outside of East Longmeadow. This shuttle service operates Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. On Tuesdays, an additional shuttle is available to take seniors to local shopping centers.
- The East Longmeadow has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Springfield.
- East Longmeadow has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, an organization that provides services like support groups, exercise programs and a health equipment loaning closet, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Longmeadow
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in East Longmeadow start around $4,285 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Longmeadow and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Longmeadow
Medicaid-eligible seniors in East Longmeadow may have their assisted living expenses funded by MassHealth, which is the state's Medicaid plan. Additionally, funding is available under the MFP-RS waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Longmeadow
East Longmeadow and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Longmeadow, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Longmeadow
East Longmeadow-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near East Longmeadow, MA
Other Options in East Longmeadow, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Longmeadow
Review of The Reserve at East Longmeadow
Reserve at East Longmeadow was very nice. I toured the whole building and was able to visit both the assisted living and memory care. The staff member went into what they do. The person said that a... Read more
Review of The Reserve at East Longmeadow
I recommend The Reserve at East Longmeadow for Assisted Living based on my 95½ year old father’s and my positive experiences. The Reserve is a caring community and residents become your neighbor... Read more
Review of East Village Place
I liked East Village Place very much and the lady that took us around was nice. The rooms were just too small because it would be for two people. It's a cozy place and it's well kept. They had an e... Read more