Brookdale West Hartford

Reviews of Brookdale West Hartford

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale West Hartford

September 30, 2015

By Beth42

They were good at Brookdale West Hartford, but I think it was just a little too small for my mother-in-law. That was the only drawback. Other than that, they were lovely. The staff seemed lovely, and the residents seemed very happy.

March 21, 2014

Everyone was pleasant at Brookdale Place. The place was very well maintained. It had a clean environment. They had activities like monthly birthday parties. They also had table games like puzzles and backgammon. However, the rooms were not as modern as I thought they might be. It would be better if they could make the kitchen area be a little bit more modern as they had dated fixture like the counter tops and sinks.

November 20, 2013

By David71383150

Brookdale was around a busy highway. I don't think there was enough space there for the residents to walk around. I saw different-sized rooms and some of them had a wonderful view. The rooms had nice different styles so they did have some that looked like studios and others that were much larger which did impress me. The dining room was very impressive because it gave the patients some options. They had snacks as well as food.

November 27, 2012

By amckin

The apartment my great grandmother lived in was very nice. She had her own living room area and a bedroom. It seemed very residential and not like she was living in a retirement home. The atmosphere was nice and not hospital-like. I did not personally have much experience with the staff, but my great grandmother indicated that the staff took good care of her.The facility was also very aesthetically pleasing. There also were many amenities at the facility from what I was told.

October 07, 2012

By Nanty

Brookdale Place is attractive. Everyone was very receptive and very polite, but I certainly can't handle the cost involve. Also, it's a bit of a distance from my daughter's home. It's too far away to come and visit.

July 05, 2012

By lhunter

I thought that this place was really nice, or at least as nice as it could be. Places like these usually feel similar to a hospital but Brookdale was not like that at all. It was very comfortable, beautifully decorated and actually felt like a cozy home. The dining area was very nice too, and it was nice knowing that they could get things to eat whenever they got hungry, not just when the kitchen was open. I thought that the staff was very nice too. Everyone seemed to really care, and they didnt seem to just be there to "do their job" and then go home. They were geniune and very knowledgeable and able to answer any and all of the questions that we had, which was nice. The residents that I saw when we went were also very nice, and everyone seemed happy to be there, Im sure this differs from resident to resident, but all the residents I saw appeared to be content in their surroundings. I went there very nervous, and left feeling very positive.

January 27, 2012

By sopi

Brook dale Place of West Hartford is aimed at providing a better life for every member of the facility. All basic amenities of life are available nearby. All kind of facilities are provided to all residents within well constructed and beautifully renovated rooms. Compound is generally neat and clean with a better share of horticulture. All residents have the option to undertake activities as per their interest thus enjoying. I learnt of this activity through my friend and later I visited that. Health facility is extended for all residents in the form of nearby hospitals; however, nurses are available round the clock to look after the residents. Food quality is good and necessary input from nutritionists and physicians is sought with regards to fats and calories. This facility is full of residents who are living as a family in that community and activities are streamlined to let the bond of friendship remain intact. A good facility as a whole.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale West Hartford

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: #150

About Brookdale West Hartford

Brookdale West Hartford provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale West Hartford