28 Assisted Living Facilities near Bloomfield, CT
Also serving communities of Simsbury.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bloomfield area, with 2 in Bloomfield and 26 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 133 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bloomfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bloomfield 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include South Windsor with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bloomfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bloomfield, CT
26 Assisted Living Facilities near Bloomfield, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bloomfield
Bloomfield has many opportunities for seniors to enjoy the outdoors, with three golf courses and a number of parks in the town, as well as Talcott Mountain State Park and Penwood State Park. The town is also home to around 21,000 people and more than 26 percent of whom are aged 65 and older.
Seniors in Bloomfield can find accommodation in one of the area's 28 assisted living facilities. These facilities are monitored and licensed by Connecticut's Department of Public Health Facilities Licensing and Investigations Section.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bloomfield
- The Bloomfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Saint Francis Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Town of Bloomfield also has a Senior Mini-Bus that provides curb-to-curb service for seniors to go shopping, run errands and attend appointments.
- Bloomfield has an overall crime rate of 28.54 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 95 percent of Connecticut's other towns and cities. Although the violent crime rate is lower than the state average, property crime is considerably higher, occurring at a rate of 26.86 crimes per 1,000 residents, almost nine points higher than the Connecticut rate. Seniors may wish to ask about security procedures in facilities they tour to ensure they feel safe.
- Bloomfield has cold winters with an average low in January of 18 degrees and 41 inches of snow each year, 25 inches more than the national average. There are only 190 days of sunshine each year, 15 fewer than the national average, which may be disappointing for seniors looking for a sunny retirement.
- Bloomfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the North Central Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides resources to help enhance the lives of older adults as well as more than one senior center.
- Hartford County, including Bloomfield, has low particle pollution, receiving a grade of A in this category in the State of the Air 2018 report. However, the county received a failing grade for ozone pollution. High ozone levels may affect the health of seniors, especially those with respiratory illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bloomfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Bloomfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bloomfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bloomfield
The Home Care Program for the Elderly offers financial assistance to seniors in select assisted living facilities, but it is not currently available in Bloomfield. Bloomfield seniors who receive Social Security Income may be eligible for additional funding through the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bloomfield
Bloomfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bloomfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bloomfield
Bloomfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bloomfield, CT
Other Options in Bloomfield, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bloomfield
Review of Seabury Meadows
New Director needs to do much more to ensure protocols are followed for residents. No one oversees the aids to ensure they are doing their job, and that residents are getting the care they are prom... Read more
Review of Seabury Meadows
My mother was living in Seabury. It’s absolutely beautiful; there’s no doubt about it. It has everything. It has villas, apartments, senior living, and a memory center. The care was excellent. The ... Read more
Review of Seabury Meadows
The other one that we like is Seabury. It was just lovely and a very pretty place. Everything was nice; the outside was nice, and the inside was nice. Read more