55 Assisted Living Facilities near Avon, CT
There are 55 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avon area, with 2 in Avon and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Avon is $5,875 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 285 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avon 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White Plains with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Avon, CT
53 Assisted Living Facilities near Avon, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avon
Avon is a suburb of Hartford in the Farmington Valley region of Hartford County, Connecticut. This quaint community lies along the Farmington Canal Heritage Trail and is home to just under 20,000 people. Seniors in Avon make up 18.9 percent of the population and are served by two assisted living facilities in Avon and more than 100 in the surrounding cities. While the Connecticut Department of Public Health doesn't license assisted living facilities individually, it does regulate Assisted Living Service Agencies who provide services for assisted living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avon
- The Avon area cost of living is 35.8 percent higher than the U.S. average, which may affect seniors on a tight budget. Most of this is due to high housing costs but transportation, grocery and health care are all slightly above national medians.
- Winters can be quite cold in Avon with average lows of 17 degrees Fahrenheit in January and snowfall of 39 inches per year. This may be difficult for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Summers are warm with highs of 83 degrees in June and rainfall averages around 50 inches annually.
- Avon has less exposure to crime than nearby Hartford and is safer than 80 percent of U.S. cities. Violent and property crimes receive low scores of 13.1 and 16.2 out of 100, so seniors can feel safe traveling around town.
- CTTransit provides public buses with reduced fares for adults over 65. Dial-A-Ride offers seniors over 60 transportation to various destinations in Avon. Allied Transportation provides services to seniors in need of a ride to medical appointments, shopping and other activities in the greater Hartford area.
- Connecticut taxes all types of retirement income, although Social Security may be exempt for certain seniors. This may leave less money for seniors to put toward assisted living.
- Avon has an array of community resources, including Seniors on the Move, an organization that provides health clinics and screenings, lunches and games for seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Avon start around $5,875 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avon
Two governmental programs in Connecticut, the Assisted Living Program, which is a state medical waiver within the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE), and the Community First Choice Program, a program that helps Medicaid members with activities of daily living, can help to provide seniors with financial assistance for costs other than room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avon
Avon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avon, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avon
Avon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Avon, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avon
Review of River Ridge at Avon
My mother and I visited several facilities searching for the 'right ' assisted living just over a rear ago. Once we saw River Ridge our minds were easily made up. Not only is the campus beautiful, ... Read more
Review of River Ridge at Avon
Wonderful, caring staff. Well maintained facility. We're very happy with River Ridge. Read more
Review of River Ridge at Avon
I am a friend of a resident who lives at this Asst Living. I am there several times a month, on average 12 times a month minimum. The staff is WONDERFUL. The Aides, and cleaning staff are wonde... Read more