The Village at East Farms

Reviews of The Village at East Farms

Assisted Living Reviews for The Village at East Farms

April 05, 2021

By Catherine

My aunt has been in The Village at East Farms for 2 months. She visited the place and really liked it, and decided that it's time for her to move. The COVID made it hard for her family to help her move in because of the COVID restrictions. The facility itself is very nice, the people are very nice, and the food is really good. It's just that she can't always get the little things done that she needs because people weren't able to visit. They provide a lot of activities, I don't think they're social distancing but they're having community activities now. They have bingo, movie nights, a couple of concerts, and so on.

January 22, 2021

By Cheryl

The Village at East Farms was awesome, but I realized that my mom was way far beyond assisted living. It was great, but it's all private pay. It was way at the top of my budget, so I would never be able to put her in the memory care segment of that place. I'd love to, but the price was just way out of my range. I met with the woman who did the tour, and she was great. I didn't really meet anybody else. I met with her, sat down in one of the rooms with her, she gave me all the pricing, and she told me about the place and all that, but I wasn't able to do anything. I went in there, had a mask on, and they took all the necessary precautions. It's different right now than it normally is. Everyone has their own little apartment, their own bedroom, and it has a little refrigerator, a big bathroom, and a walk-in shower. They do the cooking, they help with bathing, the medication staff gives out their meds, they have their meals daily, and they do laundry if they need them to do their laundry. Pretty much whatever they need, they have.

October 03, 2020

By Jenn

We did both a virtual and in-person tour of The Village at East Farms. They're welcoming, well kept, friendly, and inviting. The staff during the visit was very kind and very informative. The dining area was very nice, but we didn't experience the food.

October 05, 2019

By Diane

My brother has been staying at The Village at East Farms. They're wonderful and the staff is excellent. The food is excellent and the dining areas are like restaurants. My brother likes the food. The place is very nice and doesn't resemble a typical nursing home. Instead, it's comfortable and it's more like home.

June 30, 2018

By Patty

My mother-in-law is currently at The Village at East Farms and we're extraordinarily pleased. The food is excellent. They only charge you $10 if you want to eat there. The staff is incredibly compassionate and caring. The management is excellent. It's a perfect solution for someone who has memory issues that may wander, because it is completely secure. They have a beautifully appointed yard that has gazebos and they have flower and vegetable gardens. The residents can go outside and it's completely enclosed by very tall, but very attractive wrought iron fence. It's completely secure, but it allows them the opportunity to go outside and enjoy the sun, garden, and sit in a gazebo. Her room is really gorgeous. You have the option of a single room or to share a room. We chose a single room and she loves it. It has a giant window that overlooks the yard with the gazebo, she has her own bathroom, and they do a beautiful job of keeping it neat and tidy. They have a beauty parlor, dental care, and eye care on the premises. They have a kitchen where they do demonstrationsm and residents can go there anytime they want. They have trips, music, movies, and a choir. She loves the food. The facility is bright, open, not crowded, clean, sunny, and well appointed. They have a place where they have things from the past, like old sewing machines, mannequins dressed in old clothing, and things to bring back great memories. They have four different sections and each section has a huge living room area that they have activities in and each section has its own large TV room. They have a huge lobby, which she loves to sit in to watch people coming and going, and that is totally secure. The only place they can get out is through that main entrance, which has someone monitoring it 24/7. They have bingo, flower decorating, movies, trips, and arts and crafts. They encourage you, but they don't make you do anything you don't want. It's not inexpensive, but it's less expensive than what we were previously paying.

August 21, 2017

By Margaret

My visit at The Village was wonderful. I was a part of an experimental program and I really enjoyed the theater participants very much. It's very nice, but I don't think I can afford it. The staff was very accommodating; they were doing a workshop and they set up a room for us and provided drinks and snacks after. The community was wonderful, there were meeting rooms and project activities that I got to try even when I didn't live in the village. They made it easy for us to go outside when it was nice out. You can go out on your own any time, no need to sign in and out. A lot of people have their own cars. I also saw a bus of residents heading to church. It seems they are very accommodating to all different religions.

November 01, 2016

By Donna732683

The Village at East Farms was a really nice place. I liked it. It seemed more established, and it seemed like they had a lot of stuff in place. It was bigger, and it seemed like there were more programs that would have been appealing to my father, but it was out of the way for some of the children. They did have card-playing. There were more men there than women. It was more expensive, and they had a lot of different rooms. A lady had given me a price on one room that was a little less expensive so I think they had a variation.

September 10, 2016

By Delton

We had a visit at The Village at East Farms. The place was nice and everything, but it’s just out of my budget. I cannot afford it. The staff that I dealt with were nice.

September 24, 2015

By jim w1

I found this facility to be in an ideal location for friends and relatives to visit.

Thanks! Please contact us (203-757-7660) if you ever have any questions about all of the options we offer.

February 24, 2015

My aunt is at a home right now, and she's going to be staying there. The name of the facility is The Village at East Farms. It was her decision. I was just helping her out, and I wasn't involved in the decision at all. She chose it because of the vicinity. It was where she recently lived. It was in the proximity of the church she went to before. It is very nice. I have contact with some of the people there like the aides, and they seem to be fulfilling their purpose. The biggest thing is the expense. I haven’t been much involved with it. Some people like it, and some people don't. It's clean, and the rooms are taken care of.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (203-757-7660) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

December 29, 2014

By Maryanne4

The Village at East Farms does a lot of activities. The care provided and the food are excellent. It is a little expensive, but it is worth it. The people there are really happy, and there's a lot for them to do. The meals are wonderful. I have eaten there, and the food is very good. My aunt has already stayed there for about 3 or 4 months. The staff is very good and very caring. They come to the resident right away if you have any needs or wants. We decided on this place as opposed to having an aide go to her house 24/7. You hear a lot of different things people found in aides being not what they appear to be or not doing what they are supposed to do. If we had opted to have an aide, I would have had to check in on my aunt to make sure everything is getting done. Here, I don't have to worry about anything.

Thank you for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know (203.757.7660) if there is anything we can ever do for you and your family.

January 31, 2014

The Village was very clean. It was for seniors and disabled people. The staff was very good. They I liked that there was always some to check on you and try to remedy some of the situations that you couldn't. They had nurses that came in made sure that you take your medications when you need to and don't take it when you shouldn't be. They also have people came in to do the housework. The residents looked happy and one of my former neighbors was there. They had activities like bingo, exercise, crafts and meditation. They also had speakers and videos. However, it was very expensive.

December 23, 2013

By ljzollo

When my dad needed more assistance than we could provide for him at home my mother and I did an exhaustive search of facilities throughout CT through the Medicare site and other ranking mechanisms. We also visited dozens of facilities and made the easy choice of Village of East Farms. I highly recommend it for your loved one. The difference you will find in any facility you choose is the people. The Village has some of the most dedicated and caring and experienced staff in the area. Dad’s quality of life got so much better as a result of moving there. All of our fears went away and we have peace of mind that he is receiving the best care available. It is so much more than assisted living, but a home (away from home). Best of Luck to you in your search. – LZ

December 05, 2013

By PPA

My father has been a resident of the Village at East Farms for a year and a half. Since moving there he has shown an incredible improvement in his quality of life. Previously he was in an apartment all alone, here he interacts with the other residents and staff. The staff is very attentive to his every need. The place is very clean inside and out. Different activities are posted daily and food in the dining room is excellent. If you are looking at assisted living facilities, you won't be disappointed here.

August 22, 2013

By rosiesmom

Very clean and visually appealing facility; staff appeared to be very caring and attentive. We toured the facility at lunch time and the food smelled great! The rooms were good sized compared to some other facilities. The ratio of care givers to residents was good with nursing staff 24/7. Even though at this time we were looking for a facility for my father, this is a place I would want to live in myself when needed.

November 19, 2012

By MaD1011

The Village was a one of the nicer assisted living facilities I have been to. I work in human services and have extensive experience with nursing homes and other assisting living facilities. I found that the vast majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Lots of smiling and upbeat attitudes which is a major plus! The actual grounds and facilties appeared to be very neat and clean. I didn't notice anything untidy or foul odors. There appeared to be a wide variety of activities and communal rooms for socialization and stimulation, which is so important for individuals suffering from Alzheimer's. Overall, I really had a pleasant experience working with the staff at The Village. They really made everything easier, were knowledgeable, and answered any questions we had during this difficult time. As I mentioned earlier, having had experience through my professional experiences really lead me give The Village a hearty recommendation.

May 30, 2012

By Robin8

My mother in-law has Alzheimer's and we don't want to put her in a nursing home. We want to put her in a place that would focus on her Alzheimer's and that's how we found The Village at East Farms. It's good that it is closer to our home and we can visit her often. We like that she is in this facility. It's very nice there. The staff is just great and they conduct hourly rounds with her. She is able to mingle with the residents who are there. The food is great. She is kinda picky so they adjust to her as to what she likes to eat if she happens to not like what's on the menu. Her room is big and for about a week she had a roommate and she was fine with it. We also have meetings and they address all of our concerns. My mother in-law is very happy there.

January 20, 2012

By mjc6am

The village at east farms was one of the nicest assisted living facilities that i have ever been to. This place was very clean, and well staffed. The people I spoke to were extremely helpful. The facility had a putting green, library, recreation room, and if i remember correctly it also had a movie theater. There seemed to be plenty of activities to stimulate the mind and keep people sharp and active. The food looked good, which im sure is also a big plus. The rooms were a good size, but i thought they could have been a little bigger. The outside of the facility was very well kept, and the area was nice and quiet. One issue I had found was that i thought the staff could have been more accommodating during the moving process. This was not a big issue, but something i did notice.I would recommend this facility to anyone in that area that is looking for a place that is clean, has friendly staff, and has plenty of things to do for those staying there.

Memory Care Reviews for The Village at East Farms

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Licenses: yes

About The Village at East Farms

The Village at East Farms in Waterbury, CT, is a cozy "country estate" situated on a picturesque 34-acre wooded hilltop. An authentic covered bridge, lavish gardens, and rolling panoramas provide the setting for a nine-hole putting green. Private walking paths and gazebos grace beautifully manicured gardens, while Lodge residents can enjoy the tranquil scenery and seasonal outdoor dining from the terrace off the Lodge dining room.

The Village at East Farms offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired.

Map of The Village at East Farms