The Village at Kensington Place

Reviews of The Village at Kensington Place

Assisted Living Reviews for The Village at Kensington Place

August 22, 2021

By Karen

The Village at Kensington Place, it definitely had very warm, friendly staff. The woman was excellent, that toured us around, the clients there seemed extremely happy, and I would definitely have considered moving my dad there. They were great. They were more the feel that I was looking for. This was just more my style, I would say my dad's style. They have a lot of programs. They tried to do a lot with socialization. That seems to be a priority for them, which I liked. They also had a barber shop. I think they had a little storefront for the clients, a dining room, a private dining room, and they had a very nice memory care unit. It wasn't as new and as pristine as the other place I went to.

August 15, 2021

By Chris

The Village at Kensington Place is like a hotel with a lot of rooms and studios., one-bedrooms. I like it because they have a variety. They have a one-bedroom with a porch, a one-bedroom without a porch, a large studio, a small studio, so they have more variety of rooms. They have pretty much all the same activities, they have bingo night, dancing night, but I did like them because they also had extra rooms. If you want to go there with your family, you can reserve a room and have a birthday with your father.

February 15, 2016

By Anonymous Lovely Visitor

I think The Village at Kensington Place is fine, but it’s not going to be the facility for me. It was functional versus charming. It was clean. The woman who conducted the tour was very nice. Also, the distance was a little far out for me.

Thank you for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know 203.235.0181 if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

June 10, 2014

By Philip6

The Village was very nice. My aunt was there for four years and she enjoyed it there. The apartments were very nice, clean, and there was plenty of room. The food was wonderful, and they had a great menu. They had dining rooms for their families. They had everything when it comes to activities. They had bingo, TV, and a movie room. They had pool tables and a library with internet. They had a bar where they could drink every Tuesday night. It was like a hotel.

May 29, 2014

By Maria29

I picked The Village at Kensington Place for my mother, and I’m very pleased. It's not easy for my mom because I took her out of her community, which is in Norwich (that’s about 50 miles away), to come here. She was sick when got to Kensington Place, and she got bronchitis, but it’s been very good there. The place is excellent. It’s very clean, and they’re good at giving the medications. They have lots of activities, which she has not taken part in, and they do listen. I’ve been able to talk to the staff about any issues that I had. I wanted them to cue her a little more on activities, and they were able to do that. I’ve had a couple of meetings with them already, and I talk to the staff. I’m there a lot, I’m there at least every other day, sometimes every day. They do welcome the family members to participate in activities there too. It took her a while to warm up, but I was just talking to the staff today, and they said she’s really participating in a lot more activities. She’s looking for things to do. In fact, I had to go and look for her when I was there today to find where she was. She was at the block party. She is definitely happier than where she was before. I think the added services are just so helpful to her, and the staff is just very nice about it. It’s not easy for my mom to accept help, but they’re very good about it.

February 27, 2014

By Paul28

The Village was a benchmark facility. It was a very nice and well-kept place. I had beautiful dining room and nice apartments with balconies and porches. The food was excellent. It had very good, friendly and helpful people. They also had a very good activities director.

July 25, 2013

What I like best about the The Village at Kensington Place was that the wing that my mom is in is just a small wing. I feel that people who works with her there are very caring and I think that is important. It is a lockdown facility and you have to ring a doorbell to get in, so I know my mom is safe there. The room that she got there is spacious. I have also tried eating there and it is good. When it comes to activities, my mom is always looking forward to their bus trips twice a week. I think that is important for their residents instead of just being in that one wing all day. I had some issues with them before, but when I discussed those with the director, they readily took care of them. They also encourage me to inform them if I am not happy with anything so that they could work on those things. I would have to say that I'm pleased with this facility.

June 23, 2012

By Ursala

Very disappointing. Clothes and belongings were stolen the level of care for the cost was not worth it. Seems pretty nice when u visit but after a few weeks we could see that the resident was not being taken care of properly.

Hello Ursala,

We are terribly sorry to hear of your experience with The Village at Kensington Place. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to not only customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident, but to also ensure their utmost safety and security.

Again, we are sorry for any negative observations. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

July 26, 2011

By Mary Hembree

Extremely helpful with my 92 year old father with Alzheimer's. Their memory care unit is exceptional, very welcoming and comfortable. Care level from everyone, aides, nurses etc. is what you would want for you loved on.

Memory Care Reviews for The Village at Kensington Place

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About The Village at Kensington Place

The Village at Kensington Place in Meriden, Connecticut, is an elegant "country estate" nestled among the scenic Hanging Hills. Our beautifully manicured campus, surrounded by woodlands, provides the setting for fitness, arts, and leisure activities, and comfortable outdoor sitting areas. A terrace off the main dining room offers seasonal outdoor dining with a panoramic view of the campus in all its splendor.

The Village at Kensington Place offers independent living, assisted living, and assisted living for the memory impaired.

Our broad reach in services offers residents the chance to age in place for life, right through Hospice.

Map of The Village at Kensington Place