River Ridge at Avon

Reviews of River Ridge at Avon

Assisted Living Reviews for River Ridge at Avon

November 01, 2020

By Content Brother

I have a family member at RRA and couldn’t be happier with our selection. Very caring, family oriented atmosphere. The building and grounds are impeccably maintained. The selection and quality of meals is phenomenal. The associates are very attentive and willing to do the “little things” to make the residents extra comfortable. The attention to health and safety during the pandemic has been extraordinary. The family culture has truly come out during these past very trying months. Senior management and staff have been phenomenal in their creativity and willingness to deal with ‘unusual’ events and circumstances. I would highly recommend the RRA community to anyone looking for a 5-star facility for a loved one

August 05, 2019

By KT

Wonderful, caring staff. Well maintained facility. We're very happy with River Ridge.

July 01, 2019

By Cinde S

I am a friend of a resident who lives at this Asst Living. I am there several times a month, on average 12 times a month minimum. The staff is WONDERFUL. The Aides, and cleaning staff are wonderful.as well as the Recreational Staff. The staff turnover is very sad. There has been a Director change in the past year and some staff who are wonderful and caring are leaving due to the changes in Director. Residents see the changes and are saddened about some of these wonderful ppl who care for them leaving there do to questionable honesty with this Director and tense situations there. It was truly a very beautiful place, but changes that have happened there are not good ( in my personal option and three other Family Members of Residents who live there). The dining room seems to be not staffed as it was in the past six months. It’s sad due to the cost of what the Residents pay to live there. There needs to be stability with staffing and needs to be a Director who is honest, not passive aggressive.

Thank you for your review. Benchmark takes all feedback seriously and we continue to work to improve. If we can be of assistance to you or a loved one in the future, we'd love for you to take a second look.

June 02, 2019

By kta

The staff is wonderful. The facility is well maintained. There are numerous activities on a daily basis. Our experience here has been very satisfactory.

July 17, 2017

By CB

River Ridge at Avon was a lovely looking place, but it was outrageously expensive. The staff was lovely. The residents were getting ready for bingo at the time I was there.

July 29, 2016

By Sandra406814

I have a friend at River Ridge at Avon. I saw that there were many people admitted there who need more than assisted living. They also have problems with their administration. With their staff, there were some who were excellent and some who were wanting. The rooms and public areas were clean. The food was excellent; however, people with special diets for different medical conditions were not taken into consideration consequently. Their dining room looked kind of institutional.

December 29, 2015

By Ann P.1

We have been very happy with River Ridge, a Benchmark Senior Living facility. The staff goes above and beyond. The are caring and attentive, the rooms are always clean and the nursing staff has been so understanding and supportive. I can't say enough positive things about River Ridge. The management's door is always open. I never would have found this place without the help of Caring.com.

Thank you for your thoughts. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please call us 860-677-2155 if you ever need anything.

April 20, 2015

By Shiela2

River Ridge at Avon was an excellent facility. They just recently remodeled everything, and it's perfect. We've got clients there also. The rooms were a little bit smaller but nicely decorated. The food was very good. The staff were nice and very pleasant. There wasn't anything wrong with them. We did see a lot of nice activities, and the residents were participating.

Thank you so much for sharing. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director at 860-677-2155 if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

March 27, 2014

River Ridge at Avon was beautiful. If I could talk Mom into it, I would love to have her there. They had RNs on staff 24/7. It was a living-to-end assisted living, and you never have to move again. They provide everything. The apartments were nice. They were a good size. The layout was very reasonable and smart. Their dining room and food were outstanding.

March 26, 2014

By Lisa55927350

River Ridge has a great memory care unit and a high staff to resident ratio. They provide quality care. Mom needed a Hoyer lift, and they allow that. It's a great environment. She's in the memory care unit. The staff is very good. The rooms are nice, modern, and up-to-date. The memory care activities are a little bit different than what you have in traditional assisted living. They have singing, trips to an ice cream parlor, bowling, basketball, and other modified activities. They have entertainment that comes into the building, and they have birthday parties. I like the staff and their willingness to meet my mom's physical needs.

March 13, 2014

By HappyH

My mom was a resident for 4 years at River Ridge. The facility is beautiful and the staff are caring, compassionate, professional and fun loving people! My mom loved being a resident and made some close friends while there. My brother and I couldn't have asked for a better place for our mom to spend her final years of life. River Ridge definitely provides quality life options for seniors!

December 04, 2013

By Dancer Faerie

River Ridge is a great community. The aides and caregivers are wonderful! I highly recommend this place for a loved one.

December 04, 2013

By Oli-tom

They keep mom healthy, busy, and stimulated. They respond to our discussions. Glad we came here.

November 04, 2013

By Janet39

It felt like the best fit and was close to our home. My dad is safe here has things to look forward to every day. Has made new friends. The staff is great-it's a 2nd chance at life and I'm not worried every time he doesn't answer the phone.

November 21, 2012

By CTJoe

River Ridge is a very clean facility, and there were always staff present in the hallways and at the nursing stations. My grandmother's room had a large window but limited space for her personal belongings. The food was served hot when appropriate, and my grandmother had a choice for all of her meals each day. She was checked on at least once per hour, and she could easily call for assistance. The family wishes that there were more organized activities for patients with dementia, but given the nature of the placement we were happy with the services.

July 28, 2011

By only one

Other

Facility is acceptable for those who are mobile and have dementia. If you are looking for a place that needs more personal care, it is best to continue to look. High staff turnover related to nursing continues to be a problem. Limited choices in area makes it difficult for those who need assisted living.

August 21, 2009

By Mary Temple

My loved one stayed here

My Mom has been a long term resident here. In Jan 09 the entire nursing team left. Since then they have not had a steady nursingstaff on. The place looks good,staff is friendly. Many complaints from the residents. Costs are skyrocketing. If you need almost no assistance (6 hours a week) that is included in your rent. Next jump up is $2,000. add that to $4200 rent and it's staggering. Hard to phone calls returned. Not at all what the brochure is selling. beware.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at River Ridge. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care the residents receive, is extremely important to us. In 2009, Benchmark Senior Living made the important decision to undertake a complete change in the way we schedule managers and directors. Seven days a week, there is always upper level staff available to family members and residents. Some turnover in response to this commitment was inevitable. The staff we have are committed to providing the best care possible at all hours at all times. Since this time we have also changed our pricing and care level structure so please be assured that many of your comments have been reviewed and reacted to.

Again, we are sorry for any negative perceptions. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

Memory Care Reviews for River Ridge at Avon

• Low Salt

• Staff Patient Ratio: Vary Depending On Residents' Needs

• Licenses: Yes

About River Ridge at Avon

River Ridge at Avon is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood in the heart of beautiful Farmington Valley. We're conveniently located off Route 44 in the charming town of Avon, Connecticut, minutes from wonderful shops, dining, entertainment, and medical offices. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They marvel at the design of our atrium lobby, take strolls on our manicured grounds and serene walking paths, and enjoy our expansive outdoor courtyard. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled!

River Ridge at Avon offers assisted living and The Harbor Program for the memory impaired.

Map of River Ridge at Avon