34 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington, CT
With an average cost of $3,747 in Farmington, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 24 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 5 facilities in Farmington.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington
Farmington is known as "Mother Town" as over the years it has been partitioned into a number of smaller towns. It was founded in 1645 and is now a suburb of Hartford that still retains its distinctive character.
Seniors wishing to retire in Farmington have three assisted living facilities to choose from in the town. There are a further 39 in nearby communities including West Hartford, Avon and Rocky Hill. These facilities are licensed by the Department of Public Health Facilities Licensing and Investigations Section.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington
- Ozone pollution in Hartford County, including Farmington, is high and received a failing grade in the State of the Air Report 2018. Particle pollution received an A grade, giving the county mixed air quality overall. Seniors with respiratory conditions may need to investigate how this will impact their health.
- Farmington receives an average 38 inches of snow each year, 12 inches more than the national average. The town also gets 49 inches of rain each year, 10 more than the national average. The average low temperature in January is just 17 degrees, and the average July high is 84. The town's harsh winters may keep seniors inside more than they prefer.
- Farmington has a high cost of living, rating 126 on Sperling's index, compared to the national average of 100. The cost of groceries, health care and transport are all higher than the U.S. average which may impact the budget of seniors on a fixed income.
- The Farmington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UConn Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Farmington can make use of the Farmington Senior/Disabled Transportation Services. This dial-a-ride services provides transportation to medical appointments and personal errands in Farmington, Unionville and selected nearby communities.
- Farmington has an array of community resources for seniors, including Services for the Elderly, an organization that offers information and programs to help seniors stay independent and productive, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Farmington start around $3,947 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington
Financial assistance may be available to seniors who receive income from Social Security through the Optional State Supplement (OSS). Connecticut has the Home Care Program for the Elderly, but it is currently only available to residents of select assisted living facilities, none of which are in Farmington.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington
Farmington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington
Farmington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Farmington, CT
Other Options in Farmington, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington
Review of Farmington Station Senior Living
My visit with Farmington Station was pretty good. The staff members were very nice, very attentive, and very professional. Everything was fine. It was relatively new, well maintained, and well care... Read more
Review of Middlewoods of Farmington
My 89 year old mother has lived at Middlewoods of Farmington for 6 months and it has been the BEST choice for my mom. I can't say enough wonderful things about Middlewoods! The staff is caring and... Read more
Review of Anthology of Farmington
I found Anthology of Farmington for my wife. I'm not sure if she's going within the next few days. She's in the hospital right now. I got a recommendation from somebody to stay there. They seem ver... Read more