The Waterford at Mesquite

Reviews of The Waterford at Mesquite

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Mesquite

September 24, 2020

By Alice Dodson

We put my mother in law here on July 1, I can Not tell you how wonderful the staff, managers & residents are. We have felt like part of their family from day one. We have had health issues w/my Mother In law & the staff has gone beyond anything we could have hoped for or thought about. They have bent over backward to make sure that she was taken care of & that We knew all of our options & helped us get thru some very difficult days. They have so many activities for the residents daily, even through the difficult times of COVID. They really care for ALL the residents no matter how long they have been there. I can not say enough good things about the people who work in this community!

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

September 02, 2020

By Kathy

I have been here almost 4 years. The care and well being of the residents here is more than great. The place is very clean all the time. The employees from office staff to wait staff are wonderful.

December 10, 2019

By Mona

My mother loves The Waterford at Mesquite. They're very caring toward their residents. They take them on shopping trips, they take them on any appointments that they might have, and they take them on outings. They also give you choices for your lunch and for your dinner. The Waterford at Mesquite is just wonderful. They address all your needs. The residents are very well taken care of. They clean your room once a week, and they do your sheets and your towels for you. It is beautiful. They do exercises, they paint, and they play bingo. They just have a good time. The value for your money is excellent.

June 25, 2019

By Reviewer060519

I really wasn't all that pleased with The Waterford at Mesquite when I visited. We toured the building and the room I saw had the carpets torn up because they were renovating. I'm not impressed with the room at all size wise. I don't think it's well kept up because there are too many dirty spots in the carpets, and that bothered me. I saw some people doing some artwork in one area. My impression of the people that work there were that they're really nice people, and I have nothing against the people there. The lady that took our information and showed us the room, and the one I talked to before were very nice. They even called the next day. They told me when they had a room that became available, but it was larger than what I'd seen, and more expensive. But they'll be re-doing the rooms and the carpets, and there's a kitchen area which had a little sink and hardwood cabinets. I saw the dining room, which was impressive, and we went upstairs where most of the rooms are.

September 14, 2018

By T.W.

I visited the Waterford for my mom. It’s great; my mother-in-law is living there. It was very clean, friendly, pretty organized, and really informative. We saw several places and got to meet some of the residents. That was very nice. The price was in line with what people can afford. There’s a pretty well-stocked library staffed by an ex librarian resident, which I thought was really cool. The have a convenience store run by one of the residents, which was a nice touch. The view from the balcony was nice.

January 02, 2018

By Judy

My father is in The Waterford at Mesquite. It's beautiful and clean. The food and staff were great. So far, we are really pleased. He hasn't really done the activities yet. He's still doing therapy, goes to church, and enjoys the lunchroom. It looks like they do a lot of activities. They have a library, computers, a beauty shop, a barber shop, a little store, and a room which you can reserve for parties, which is very nice. The food is good.

July 17, 2017

By Susie

The staff at The Waterford at Mesquite was very nice. They gave my aunt lunch and a pie. The dining area was very clean. They had a beauty salon. It had a building that she would live into and eat into. However, she didn't like the air-conditioner on the sidewall.

January 24, 2016

By Pat105903950

My first choice for my mom was The Waterford at Mesquite, but their personal care was too expensive for me. It was very convenient for me because it was just right down the street. I can walk down there. It's new and kind of set up like a hotel. Their apartments were laid out more for special needs or extended need clients. Everything could have worked out except that the personal care cost was just way out of my budget.

July 31, 2014

By Sara16

My mother was at The Waterford at Mesquite for a month. Our experience there was incredible. It had a beautiful setting. It was like an apartment and the room was pretty. The food was excellent. The activities were wonderful. The staff was incredible. They had thoughtful and caring people. Mother just became sick and was too weak and she couldn't go back. I saw her today and that's what she was talking about, "Will I be able to go back?" and the answer right now was "No" so it was hard. I wished mother could go back there, but she's just not strong enough. I would give anything to have her back there.

November 22, 2013

My mother-in-law is in The Waterford. We choose it because it is close to us and she has lots of friends there. The have a lot of activities. They play dominoes and cards. They have entertainment come in sometimes. The place is nice. She's happy with her room. The staff seems okay. They have nurses that check on her. They don't have to do a whole lot other than feed her and clean her room, because she can take care of herself. I would recommend it to others.

September 17, 2013

By Marsha7

I chose The Waterford at Mesquite because of the proximity to my house. Everyone was friendly and that included the staff and residents. They had a dining room and there were also activities and outings. She was very happy there and I had no complaints.

July 02, 2012

By tkg

An amazing community with a caring and professional staff. Mom loves her apartment and she can't stop talking about the food. With all of the activities that they have going on, its hard to get time with Mom anymore. Thank you Waterford for taking good care of Mom.

Questions about The Waterford at Mesquite

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Mesquite. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our ages range from 62 to 106! Our residents enjoy participating in daily activities such as Chair exercises, Walking Club, Bingo, Farkle, 42, Blackjack, Coloring Corner, Jigsaw Puzzles, nightly movies, concerts, Gospel singing, Bible study and church services...just to name a few!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located close to Shopping, Movies, The Arboretum, Golfing and much more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Mesquite has organized?

Our residents enjoy trips to places such as Ham's Peach Orchard, The Harbors in Rockwall, Bluebonnet drives, different restaurants for lunch and the popular Christmas light tours.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Mesquite offer to independent living residents?

We have a courtesy driver to take our residents to doctor appointments, errands to grocery stores, pharmacy and big store shopping. We have a courtesy car and a bus for transporting our residents safely.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Mesquite exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We serve 3 meals a day restaurant style. We have a full wait staff for each meal to serve our residents. Lunch and dinner comes with soup, salad and dessert. We have a wonderful salad bar with all the trimmings. We have coffee, tea, water and juices that are always available for our residents. There is an always available menu for residents to chose entrée options if needed.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large dining room, fitness room, library, beauty shop, tv room, mancave, chapel, corner store, 6 laundry rooms, private dining room, arts & crafts room and lots of common area seating to hang out and talk to your neighbor or people watch.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Mesquite offer to independent living residents?

We have safety pull cords in each apartment bedroom and bathroom. We have a 24 hour courtesy staff.

If The Waterford at Mesquite accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community up to 35 pounds. We have a fenced dog run where they can run and play leash free safely. Pets are allowed in the common areas of the community.

Does The Waterford at Mesquite work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have several home care companies to offer our residents extra care such as med management, shower assist, laundry assist, and other needs they may have for daily assistance.

Photos of The Waterford at Mesquite

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Mesquite

About The Waterford at Mesquite

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do right at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all, along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer in our library, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theatre lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving. You'll be conveniently close to shopping, doctors' offices, hospitals and other medical facilities. We'll even transport you to and from your medical appointments within a specified radius.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options, so you can paint your days with the colors of life.

Map of The Waterford at Mesquite