The Waterford at Mesquite

Reviews of The Waterford at Mesquite

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Mesquite

March 06, 2021

By Martha

The Waterford at Mesquite is the one I kinda settled on, but my husband's health started failing badly. I loved the place. I have actually put money for them to hold a room for him. I was very pleased with that place. The staff took me and showed me different room sizes, she had me at a meal there with her, and she was very good. The food was very, very good. The place was very clean, and had very nice grounds. The room didn't have a full kitchen, which I was hoping for, but most of the independent living didn't have full kitchens. There was just a sink, a refrigerator, and a microwave.

We appreciate your 5 Star review about your recent experience with us!

March 04, 2021

By Bobbie Jean

My daughter and I toured The Waterford at Mesquite 2 or 3 years ago. My daughter knew someone that was staying there and that person was very happy there. The staff was very friendly. Everything was great. I have two little dogs and before I broke my shoulder and was much more mobile, the first-floor apartment there would have been ideal because it has a little door that lets a little dog out. I think money-wise, I would be able to afford living there because I have Social Security, and I could get help from the Veterans.

Thank you for your 5 Star rating! We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

By DiDi H

We visited my great uncle and wasn’t sure what to expect. We didn’t have an appointment so I wasn’t sure how we would be received. I was very pleasantly surprised at the friendly & helpful staff. They were very welcoming. The decorations and climate made it feel like a home. We were able to have lunch together and the food was great! My uncle just loves it there and all the extra activities that keep him busy and make him & all the residents feel like one big family. We left feeling assured that he is in the perfect place. We will be back to visit again!

Didi H, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Waterford at Mesquite. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great and detailed review. We hope to always exceed your expectations!

By scottl

I toured this facility and had lunch. Considering a place for my mother. The food was great and it looks like there are plenty of activities. The lady who led the tour was very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms were very nice and the facility was very clean. We have toured several places and this is the best we have seen.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. Thank you for such positive reviews and hopefully, we have earned your trust enough for you to make the decision to live with us. We hope you have a great day!

By B. Parker

I enjoy my apartment. The staff is very attentive and it’s a wonderful community. Lots of activities to participate in. It’s a very safe place to live.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day! Your safety is our number one concern....and a GREAT place to live!

By Nicole P

My aunt was at this facility. It was so nice. There were so many wonderful activities for the residents to stay busy. The staff is amazing. Always willing to help. The community is clean, and well maintained. My aunts room was nice and easily accessible.

Nicole P, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience!

October 11, 2020

By Robert M.

We found our new chosen family! The staff is friendly and thoughtfully engaging with focus on safety. They offer gourmet healthy food options that support diabetic and high blood pressure dietary needs. My mom loves the shuttle to her doctor appointments, weekly events and activities.

Robert M., your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive compliment and hope to always earn FIVE STARS!

October 01, 2020

By Leslie

The staff is amazing and caring. My mom has been here almost a year and has some memory issues. Everyone here knows her by name and keeps an eye out for her. The apartments are kept clean, the meals are delicious and through the Covid pandemic, the staff has gone above and beyond. I visit often and at different times of day and night staff is attentive and keeps up with who enters.

Hi Leslie, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford at Mesquite!

September 29, 2020

By Joyce

We have lived here at the Waterford for over 10 years. We love the conveniences they offer such as housekeeping, maintenance, dining, food, library, and activities, party rooms for family get-togethers. Very friendly staff, clean, close to anything we need. They have helped us during Covid, making us aware of any changes and new policies. We feel safe here. This is our home. We love it.

Joyce, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford at Mesquite!

September 29, 2020

By Pam

Food - very good, able to order off menu and customize. Appearance - very pretty and well maintained, decorate for holidays. Others - very responsive to any apartment R&M, great entertainment and fun activities, plus many (non-care) outings. My mom loves it here!

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

September 24, 2020

By Alice Dodson

We put my mother in law here on July 1, I can Not tell you how wonderful the staff, managers & residents are. We have felt like part of their family from day one. We have had health issues w/my Mother In law & the staff has gone beyond anything we could have hoped for or thought about. They have bent over backward to make sure that she was taken care of & that We knew all of our options & helped us get thru some very difficult days. They have so many activities for the residents daily, even through the difficult times of COVID. They really care for ALL the residents no matter how long they have been there. I can not say enough good things about the people who work in this community!

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

September 02, 2020

By Kathy

I have been here almost 4 years. The care and well being of the residents here is more than great. The place is very clean all the time. The employees from office staff to wait staff are wonderful.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We are blessed that you chose us to call HOME!

December 10, 2019

By Mona

My mother loves The Waterford at Mesquite. They're very caring toward their residents. They take them on shopping trips, they take them on any appointments that they might have, and they take them on outings. They also give you choices for your lunch and for your dinner. The Waterford at Mesquite is just wonderful. They address all your needs. The residents are very well taken care of. They clean your room once a week, and they do your sheets and your towels for you. It is beautiful. They do exercises, they paint, and they play bingo. They just have a good time. The value for your money is excellent.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did.

June 25, 2019

By Reviewer060519

I really wasn't all that pleased with The Waterford at Mesquite when I visited. We toured the building and the room I saw had the carpets torn up because they were renovating. I'm not impressed with the room at all size wise. I don't think it's well kept up because there are too many dirty spots in the carpets, and that bothered me. I saw some people doing some artwork in one area. My impression of the people that work there were that they're really nice people, and I have nothing against the people there. The lady that took our information and showed us the room, and the one I talked to before were very nice. They even called the next day. They told me when they had a room that became available, but it was larger than what I'd seen, and more expensive. But they'll be re-doing the rooms and the carpets, and there's a kitchen area which had a little sink and hardwood cabinets. I saw the dining room, which was impressive, and we went upstairs where most of the rooms are.

Reviewer060519, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

September 14, 2018

By T.W.

I visited the Waterford for my mom. It's great; my mother-in-law is living there. It was very clean, friendly, pretty organized, and really informative. We saw several places and got to meet some of the residents. That was very nice. The price was in line with what people can afford. There's a pretty well-stocked library staffed by an ex librarian resident, which I thought was really cool. The have a convenience store run by one of the residents, which was a nice touch. The view from the balcony was nice.

T.w., thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford at Mesquite! One of our residents works really hard on the library so I will pass that post on! Thanks

January 02, 2018

By Judy

My father is in The Waterford at Mesquite. It's beautiful and clean. The food and staff were great. So far, we are really pleased. He hasn't really done the activities yet. He's still doing therapy, goes to church, and enjoys the lunchroom. It looks like they do a lot of activities. They have a library, computers, a beauty shop, a barber shop, a little store, and a room which you can reserve for parties, which is very nice. The food is good.

Hi Judy, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! So glad to hear your father enjoys so many things here! Thanks again!

July 17, 2017

By Susie

The staff at The Waterford at Mesquite was very nice. They gave my aunt lunch and a pie. The dining area was very clean. They had a beauty salon. It had a building that she would live into and eat into. However, she didn't like the air-conditioner on the sidewall.

Susie, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford at Mesquite! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

January 24, 2016

By Pat105903950

My first choice for my mom was The Waterford at Mesquite, but their personal care was too expensive for me. It was very convenient for me because it was just right down the street. I can walk down there. It's new and kind of set up like a hotel. Their apartments were laid out more for special needs or extended need clients. Everything could have worked out except that the personal care cost was just way out of my budget.

July 31, 2014

By Sara16

My mother was at The Waterford at Mesquite for a month. Our experience there was incredible. It had a beautiful setting. It was like an apartment and the room was pretty. The food was excellent. The activities were wonderful. The staff was incredible. They had thoughtful and caring people. Mother just became sick and was too weak and she couldn't go back. I saw her today and that's what she was talking about, "Will I be able to go back?" and the answer right now was "No" so it was hard. I wished mother could go back there, but she's just not strong enough. I would give anything to have her back there.

Sara16, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Waterford at Mesquite. We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

November 22, 2013

My mother-in-law is in The Waterford. We choose it because it is close to us and she has lots of friends there. The have a lot of activities. They play dominoes and cards. They have entertainment come in sometimes. The place is nice. She's happy with her room. The staff seems okay. They have nurses that check on her. They don't have to do a whole lot other than feed her and clean her room, because she can take care of herself. I would recommend it to others.

Caring74158150, we really appreciate your positive review! We know you have a selection of communities to choose from and we feel blessed you chose us!

September 17, 2013

By Marsha7

I chose The Waterford at Mesquite because of the proximity to my house. Everyone was friendly and that included the staff and residents. They had a dining room and there were also activities and outings. She was very happy there and I had no complaints.

Marsha7, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

July 02, 2012

By tkg

An amazing community with a caring and professional staff. Mom loves her apartment and she can't stop talking about the food. With all of the activities that they have going on, its hard to get time with Mom anymore. Thank you Waterford for taking good care of Mom.

Hi Tkg, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford at Mesquite!

Questions about The Waterford at Mesquite

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Mesquite. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our ages range from 62 to 106! Our residents enjoy participating in daily activities such as Chair exercises, Walking Club, Bingo, Farkle, 42, Blackjack, Coloring Corner, Jigsaw Puzzles, nightly movies, concerts, Gospel singing, Bible study and church services...just to name a few!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located close to Shopping, Movies, The Arboretum, Golfing and much more.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Mesquite has organized?

Our residents enjoy trips to places such as Ham's Peach Orchard, The Harbors in Rockwall, Bluebonnet drives, different restaurants for lunch and the popular Christmas light tours.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Mesquite offer to independent living residents?

We have a courtesy driver to take our residents to doctor appointments, errands to grocery stores, pharmacy and big store shopping. We have a courtesy car and a bus for transporting our residents safely.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Mesquite exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We serve 3 meals a day restaurant style. We have a full wait staff for each meal to serve our residents. Lunch and dinner comes with soup, salad and dessert. We have a wonderful salad bar with all the trimmings. We have coffee, tea, water and juices that are always available for our residents. There is an always available menu for residents to chose entrée options if needed.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large dining room, fitness room, library, beauty shop, tv room, mancave, chapel, corner store, 6 laundry rooms, private dining room, arts & crafts room and lots of common area seating to hang out and talk to your neighbor or people watch.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Mesquite offer to independent living residents?

We have safety pull cords in each apartment bedroom and bathroom. We have a 24 hour courtesy staff.

If The Waterford at Mesquite accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community up to 35 pounds. We have a fenced dog run where they can run and play leash free safely. Pets are allowed in the common areas of the community.

Does The Waterford at Mesquite work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have several home care companies to offer our residents extra care such as med management, shower assist, laundry assist, and other needs they may have for daily assistance.

Photos of The Waterford at Mesquite

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Mesquite

• Companion Suites: No
  • Housing Extra: None

• Dining Extra: None

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: Full Size Kitchen, Library, Dog Park, Covered Parking, Pool Room, Corner Store

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

About The Waterford at Mesquite

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do right at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all, along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer in our library, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theatre lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving. You'll be conveniently close to shopping, doctors' offices, hospitals and other medical facilities. We'll even transport you to and from your medical appointments within a specified radius.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options, so you can paint your days with the colors of life.

Map of The Waterford at Mesquite