Brookdale Gaines Ranch

Reviews of Brookdale Gaines Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Gaines Ranch

July 20, 2015

By Rhonda24

The staff at Brookdale Gaines Ranch is wonderful. We work with John and Aaron, and they are both just really amazing. Everyone is just so nice. My parents just love it, and my dad says that everything there is positive. The food is good, and everything is great. They have not moved in yet, but they are actually redoing the whole thing for them. That is a pretty big apartment, and it is going to be all brand new. They a have pool, therapy, a pool table, arts & crafts, and a craft room. They have all kinds of parties, happy hour, and things like that all the time. The place is pretty safe. The people that work there are wonderful and even the people where you eat. They worked there for a long time, so they know the residents.

April 03, 2015

I think it is very nice. It is about four or five stories, so it has elevators. The Heritage doesn't have cottages, and it is set up like a hotel. They are remodeling right now, and I think it is going to be nice. It has good food, and they have a beautiful swimming pool.

March 27, 2015

I visited Brookdale at Gaines Ranch. The food was good. The dining room is all right. The staff is very helpful and very friendly. They had as many or more activities than the other places. There were a lot of things going on. They could improve on having washers & dryers in the units. They were very nice, but expensive.

July 09, 2014

We've moved my mom to this community. There were 3 assisted living places that were highly rated in Austin, and this is the one I chose. The staff seemed extremely friendly. The infrastructure seemed quite good: nice, big lobby, nice dining areas, and the assisted living floor had nurses there 16 hours a day. What I like are the staff. Their work ethics seem quite good. They only have private rooms. There are no shared rooms. It's probably 300 or 400 sq. ft. I've eaten there; the food is good. There's always an activity inside, and they take them outside also. There are 3 activities a day. There are activities in the morning. There's an afternoon something. There's an evening something.

March 26, 2014

By Deborah29

It doesn’t have a memory care unit, but it was good. The staff was very knowledgeable. They didn’t seemed very involved with their residents.

December 30, 2013

It was fine. It had a nice and very friendly environment. The lady who helped us was very nice. Everybody looked happy. It wasn't a huge facility. So when you came in, it had family kind of feeling.

December 30, 2013

By June10

I have been here to visit two of my friend who currently lives there. The facility is impeccable. It is very clean. The working staff is phenomenal and so nice. They have a lot to offer their clientele. They have a lot of activities. They have an exercise room and indoor pool for older people, which is accessible. The food is wonderful.

November 21, 2013

By William19

My mom was in the assisted living facility and it was very nice. She was comfortable when she was there. I had lunch a couple times there with her and the food was good.

August 27, 2013

By Bernard5

We visited because we were looking for a facility for mom. The place was very nice and upscale. It was very clean and there were a lot of amenities. The living environment was spacious, clean and there were a lot of activities.They had an activity room, library, dining room and rehabilitation facilities. However, we did not see any of the rooms. The staff were very accommodating, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this place to others.

May 18, 2012

By margitjld

My mother had a sudden and drastic turn in health that necessitated her moving from her condo to a more structured environment. She was a little concerned about moving to a "nursing home" but when we walked in the door her jaw dropped. It's a beautiful place with wonderful amenities but the best part is the staff. Everyone knew my mom's name by the second day she was there. They take great care of the residents and their families

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Gaines Ranch

January 20, 2021

By Michael

My target area was Austin Texas so I visited a few community there. Out of the ones I have seen, my favorite is Brookdale Gaines Ranch in Austin. They cost a lot but if we're able to sell our home we could pay that price per month. If we don't, we're going to need something a little bit less expensive so we can afford to continue paying for our house here in California and rent that one in Austin. We're going to be paying for two places and it’s going to be a waste of money because we're going to be going back and forth California and Texas. We wanted to go to their independent living. I'm 100% disabled veteran. My kidneys both failed, it automatically gave in to the system which is dialysis but I stopped going to dialysis 5 days ago because my lab work is excellent and I believe I can be independent if I had to now. Brookdale in Gaines Ranch is an apartment complex put together to look like a hotel, it feels like a hotel inside. The food is absolutely excellent. Every single last piece of that meal we had was very delicious. My wife was very impressed. She didn't want to actually stay in senior living because she got used to a big home but I'm not going to staying in a senior living because I just like it. I'm going there because my God who is Jesus wants me to mingle with senior citizens and preach as much as I know about the Bible to the seniors because we're about to die quicker than the teenagers. It's predominantly Caucasians in there and they were extremely warm to my wife and me. They said we could get together and have a Bible class and that's exactly what my wife and I have been looking for. So I appreciate that. It was a very nice place. We looked at the 2-bedroom apartment and it was nicely built. I like that the bedrooms are on each side of the apartment and the living room was in between them. I really like that setup. They have a balcony so you get some fresh air when you need it. It feels like I can rest there and not have any problems and I can sleep properly.

July 16, 2019

By Sandy

Brookdale Gaines Ranch was very nice. They have an indoor pool and a Jacuzzi, but it's quite a bit more expensive and a little upscale for a country boy like my father. It's an old hotel that's been changed into a living center. The person that showed us around was very accommodating. When we went back the next day, the staff purchased two raised beds because we told her our dad has a partner, and they placed those on the patio of the apartment that was available for him. It was a very thoughtful thing to do. If somebody were used to an upscale lifestyle such as that, they would be very happy there. We had a really good feeling there. It's a beautiful facility.

March 22, 2016

By Caring Loved One10

Our visit to Brookdale Gaines Ranch was excellent, but it was more expensive than the other facility we visited. It would have been my husband's first choice, but it cost too much money. The place was spotless and beautiful, had excellent staff, and nice rooms. The dining room was lovely, and the food was very good. They periodically had a happy hour downstairs and all sorts of interest groups. I liked everything about this place.

December 29, 2015

By Hilary1

The lobby at Brookdale was huge, lovely, and breathtaking. It was like walking into a country club, so it was really nice. Everything in the dining room was lovely. The people were really nice. They had nice rooms for activities, of which they had a lot. Everything was well maintained. However, it was pricey and wasn’t in as convenient a location as the others I visited. It was the closest to us but not as accessible.

August 26, 2014

By Alnita

It had excellent food. You only get 1 1/2 meal every day, but they had room for it with us and they offered another meal in there. They were willing to work with us as far as the prices were concerned. The apartments were a lot smaller and the price ranges were higher, but it didn't mean that they wouldn't work with us on the price and they said that they could probably do something to help us out. The only thing we didn't like was that the apartments were smaller and the location wasn't a good fit for our parents only because their doctors were not within a twelve mile radius, so it would have been an added cost for us to have them stay there. It was very well-maintained; it looked nice; and the staff was friendly. We had lunch there and the food was amazing. Their chef prepared a really nice meal for us.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. We realize that our apartments are smaller than many expect. Most of our residents are downsizing, which can be a difficult transition. They do not need as many items in our setting, as we provide many items and activities!

July 20, 2014

It is a great facility. It's beautiful. They have white tablecloths for their meals and a great activity director. It's really a first class facility. The only reason we left was because we couldn't afford it. It's on the pricey side, and my mother was needing more and more help. She loved everything there. They have a choir and a choir director, and she loved that. She was a member of the choir, and they would do concerts once every three months, and she loved that.

Costs for Brookdale Gaines Ranch

Photos of Brookdale Gaines Ranch

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Gaines Ranch

• Pool

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Gaines Ranch

Brookdale Gaines Ranch provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Gaines Ranch