33 Assisted Living Facilities near Pflugerville, TX
Also serving communities of Manor.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pflugerville area, with 8 in Pflugerville and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pflugerville is $3,356 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 219 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pflugerville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pflugerville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Round Rock with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pflugerville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pflugerville, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Pflugerville, which was founded in 1860 and named in honor of German immigrant Henry Pfluger, lies fifteen miles north of the Colorado River on the eastern edge of the Texas Blackland Prairies. The city has a population of roughly 63,000 people, with just under 8 percent of residents over the age of 65. The city is home to seven assisted living facilities, but seniors who are willing to look further afield can find an additional 38 facilities in nearby cities.
Pflugerville, assisted living facilities are divided into two categories, which are based on residents' abilities to evacuate the building unassisted in the event of an emergency. Both types of facilities are regulated by the Texas Department of Health and Human Services
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pflugerville
- The overall cost of living is about 5 percent higher than the national average. However, this is primarily due to the high cost of housing. Seniors can expect their healthcare expenses and transportation costs to be slightly higher than they would be in other Texas cities, though still on par with what they are in other U.S. cities. Groceries cost roughly the same in Pflugerville as they do in the average Texas city, which is about 10 percent below the national average.
- Pflugerville experiences hot summers, with July highs in the mid-90s, and chilly winters, with January lows in the upper-30s. With 231 sunny days annually and just 51 days each year with some type of precipitation, this city is well-suited for seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Pflugerville is a safe city with an overall crime rate that is 42 percent lower than the state average and 35 percent lower than the national average. This may provide seniors with peace of mind as they transition to an assisted living facility here.
- While Pflugerville does not currently have a public transportation system, seniors can receive free transportation services through Senior Access, which provides scheduled trips to local grocery stores and medical appointments.
- The Pflugerville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Pflugerville Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Pflugerville start around $3,356 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pflugerville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Seniors in Pflugerville who meet income limits can apply for the STAR+PLUS Medicaid waiver program, which may cover some or all of their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pflugerville
Pflugerville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pflugerville, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pflugerville
Pflugerville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pflugerville, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pflugerville
Review of Wells Point Lodge
My sister has been in Wells Point Lodge for a month or two now. She likes it a lot. It's a small community, so she gets to know the people that are working there with her and the other residents. S... Read more
Review of Wells Point Lodge
She had prescription meds that didn't get given for 8 months when the new company bought Heatherwilde. I wonder how many other people didn't get their pills? Read more
Review of Serenity | Pflugerville
Serenity Senior Living was very nice, and the owner was very informative. The place was clean. The residents seemed happy and some were quite talkative and talked about the activities they had. Read more