60 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Park, TX
With an average cost of $3,948 in Cedar Park, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 28 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Cedar Park.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cedar Park, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cedar Park
As one of the safest cities in Texas, Cedar Park is an attractive choice for retirees. The greater Cedar Park area is a family-friendly suburb of Austin and features a total of 52 independent living facilities. These facilities provide help with daily living needs, as well as supervision and mobility assistance. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services designates two levels of assisted living for licensing and regulatory purposes. Primarily independent seniors reside at Type A facilities, while those who need overnight care and assistance with directions reside at Type B facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cedar Park
- Central Texas climate consists of long, hot summers and mild winters with little snow. The average temperature in July reaches 95 degrees Fahrenheit, while the January low is around 37 degrees. Seniors who prefer hot weather may be more comfortable here.
- The cost of living in Cedar Park is 10 percent higher than the U.S. average, mostly due to higher costs for housing. Health care expenses in Cedar Park are similar to the national average, and grocery expenses are about 15 percent lower.
- The crime rate in Cedar Park is 10 on a 100-point index, which is much lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crimes, mostly car break-ins and petty theft, rank at 19.7, compared with the national average of 38.1. Local crime shouldn't affect many seniors in assisted living communities.
- There are several community transportation options in Cedar Park for seniors and those with Medicare or Medicaid benefits. In Austin proper, the Capital Area Metro Transportation system offers reduced rates for seniors on the bus and rail lines.
- The Cedar Park area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cedar Park Regional Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cedar Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Cedar Park start around $3,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cedar Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cedar Park
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services helps seniors find assisted living homes within their budget. Those with Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income may be eligible for assisted living financing through programs such as STAR+PLUS, which serves specific areas of the state and provides an alternative to nursing facility placement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cedar Park
Cedar Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cedar Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cedar Park
Cedar Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cedar Park, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cedar Park
Review of The Isle at Cedar Ridge
The Isle at Cedar Ridge was nice on the eyes. It was a big place, very uniform, and the landscaping was exceptional. The receptionist was pleasant, helpful, and knew what he was talking about. They... Read more
Review of The Pointe at Cedar Park
My mom has been at The Pointe at Cedar Park for five months now. We chose it because of the size of the facility, the actual HMO that is established there has very good records, and the quality of ... Read more
Review of The Enclave at Cedar Park
My parents moved into The Enclave at Cedar Park. They're fine, they're doing a great job, it's just my mom with dementia is not happy. She wants to be home. The apartment is new with brand-new carp... Read more