The city of Cedar Park is located in central Texas. Cedar Park has an estimated population of 49,000 and around 8.6% of residents are aged 65 and older. The city’s older residents have easy access to medical care at the Cedar Park Regional Hospital, which also offers a Senior Circle program that includes educational seminars, activities and social events. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the cost of nursing home care in Cedar Park is comparatively low. A semiprivate room in the city costs an average of $5,201 per month, which is over $2,500 below the national median of $7,756.

Nursing homes provide full-time medical supervision and skilled care to seniors who are frail or chronically ill but don’t require hospitalization. Care is administered 24/7 by registered nurses and certified aides. As a result, nursing home care is often the most expensive option available. Seniors who don’t require this level of care may find home health care or assisted living more suitable and affordable.

This guide discusses the average costs of nursing home care and alternative options in Cedar Park and the surrounding areas. In addition, it lists available senior resources in the city.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Cedar Park, TX

Sagebrook Nursing and Rehabilitation

901 DISCOVERY BLVD, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Just to let you know that most everything was good a Sagebrook. but I want to let you know that Vivian was the BEST. I came in from the hospital on Friday and Saturday and Sunday I had no pain medicat … (read more)

The Springs Healthcare & Rehabilitation- Cedar Park, TX

1500 Cottonwood Creek Trail, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and was a resident here. As her conditioned worsened, the staff ignored her. Many times I would come to visit my moth … (read more)

New Hope Manor

1623 W NEW HOPE DR, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

My father is in New Hope Manor for rehab, but I’m not fond of the place. He’s not happy there at all, but I don’t have many options. They just leave him in bed, and they don’t have any activities for … (read more)

CEDAR POINTE HEALTH AND WELLNESS SUITES

1301 COTTONWOOD CREEK TRAIL, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation

149 Klattenhoff Lane, Hutto, TX, 78634

Do not use this facility for rehab. As I see others have had the same bad experience as we did. My husband was over medicated, went in on Tuesday and by Thurs could not stay wake up, could not feed … (read more)

Trinity Care Center

1000 E Main St., Round Rock, TX, 78664

I am so glad to have found Trinity Care Center! We recently moved to Round Rock after my husband was stationed at Fort Hood and shortly after relocating, my mother needed emergency surgery. Since we h … (read more)

2013

Brookdale Lakeway

1915 Lohmans Crossing Rd., Lakeway, TX, 78734

Overall, I wasn’t impressed during my visit to Brookdale Lakeway. I think the price was ridiculous for the quality of the rooms. The rooms were very below-average in comparison to my expectations. The … (read more)

Longhorn Village

12001 Longhorn Parkway, Austin, TX, 78732

Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Round Rock

1400 HESTERS CROSSING, Round Rock, TX, 78681

When my husband had an ankle replacement, he went to Reliant Rehab as an inpatient. I believe he was there for a week. It is a beautiful facility, sparkling clean! My husband also said it is a wonderf … (read more)

Westminster

4100 Jackson Avenue, Austin, TX, 78731

Park Place Care Center

121 Farm 971, Georgetown, TX, 78626

My mother was in rehab at Park Place Care Center for just a few weeks. The staff was very nice and very helpful, and they worked hard to make her as comfortable as possible. You had to make reservatio … (read more)

Bel Air at Teravista

4105 Teravista Club Drive, Round Rock, TX, 78665

The rooms clean and roomy. The staff is wonderful! Everyone made sure my mon had everything she wanted. When she got sick they did everything they could to find something for her to eat. Everyone that … (read more)

Cedar View Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

11020 Dessau Rd, Austin, TX, 78754

My parents moved to Legend Oaks two months ago. It was convenient, and the experience has been good. The staff has been very good and caring. The overall cleanliness really stands out. They have a lot … (read more)

Gracy Woods Ii Living Center

12042 Bittern Hollow, Austin, TX, 78758

My mother-in-law is at Gracy Woods II. It is a very nice place. I like it. It is organized and clean. They have the normal activities you would see in most nursing homes or assisted living places. The … (read more)

San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

4100 College Park Drive , Round Rock, TX, 78665

Everyone was very nice except of a couple nurses. I’m very mad because I had them do my laundry but they lost some of my clothes and now they are coming up with every excuse in the book. I feel they … (read more)

Heritage Duval Gardens

5301 W Duval Rd, Austin, TX, 78727

My husband arrived at Winsor Duval in September 2017 when he came Windsor he was falling daily had been 3 previous facilities and by the time he got to Windsor he was on so many psych meds. The staff … (read more)

Park Bend Health Center

2122 Park Bend Dr., Austin, TX, 78758

This is the worst skilled nursing facility I have ever been to. It is dirty disgusting and the staff is extremely rude. I had to wait over three hours for a cup of ice water. I do not recommend this … (read more)

Austin Retirement Nursing Center

6909 Burnet Ln, Austin, TX, 78757

My parent was in their Covid Quarintine unit. It’s a holding tank. Uncaring, inattentive employees for the most part. They went in on meds for pneumonia, yet my parent in bed the whole 5 days, never … (read more)

The Wesleyan Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation

4011 Williams Drive , Georgetown, TX, 78628

Never put your loved one in this facility. My Mother is handicapped and has multiple medical issues. The facility is pleasant when you walk into the front, but the nursing home area always smells of u … (read more)

Park Valley Inn Health Center

17751 Park Valley, Round Rock, TX, 78681

Good luck if you’re leaving a loved one in that place. Short of nurses and the ones that are there can’t be bothered. Residents are.afraid to say anything because of the repercussions they would face … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Cedar Park, TX

In Cedar Park, the average monthly cost of nursing home care is $5,201 for a semiprivate room and $7,057 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The average cost of a semiprivate room in a Cedar Park nursing home is $5,201, which is slightly higher than the Texas state average of $5,019 but much lower than the national median of $7,756.

Nursing home care costs vary in other Texas cities. The city with the lowest cost of care is Longview, with a monthly average of $4,091, while the most expensive option is Brownsville, where this level of care costs $6,350 per month. The nearby cities of San Antonio and Killeen have similar monthly costs of $5,338 and $5,191, respectively.

$5201

San Antonio

$5191

Killeen

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors in Cedar Park have a choice of care options to suit their needs and budget. Data for adult day care in Cedar Park isn’t available, but statewide, it’s the most affordable option at just $698 per month. Assisted living costs $4,250, while home care and home health care costs are slightly higher at $4,385 and $4,576, respectively. Nursing homes offer the most expensive type of care, with respective costs of $5,201 and $7,057 for semiprivate and private rooms.

$4385

Adult Day Care

$4250

Assisted living

$5201

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$7057

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Cedar Park was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Austin, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Cedar Park, TX

Free Resources for Seniors in Cedar Park, TX

Seniors living in Cedar Park have access to a range of free and low-cost resources offered by government agencies and nonprofit organizations. This list of resources may be of particular interest to seniors who are looking for services to help them safely age in place as an alternative to nursing home admission.

Resource

Contact

Service

Drive a Senior Northwest is a program operated by Faith in Action. The organization offers free door-to-door transportation to adults aged 60 and older who don't have access to a car on a regular basis. Program volunteers provide rides to seniors for nonemergency medical appointments and other errands. Seniors need to register for the service and must request rides at least a week in advance to ensure a driver is available.

Treasure of the Hills Senior Center is operated by the city of Cedar Park and volunteers. The center offers a range of activities to suit the needs of seniors with different levels of physical ability. Activities offered include card games, musical entertainment, fitness classes, social events and day trips. A nutritious lunch is offered at the center at noon, Monday through Friday.

Meals on Wheel Central Texas is a nonprofit organization that delivers meals to homebound seniors who are no longer able to shop for groceries or prepare meals for themselves. Teams of volunteers deliver a hot and nutritious meal around noon each day from Monday to Friday. Frozen meals are also available for the weekend. In addition, the volunteers provide a safety check during deliveries and will report any issues to the relevant authorities.