The city of Round Rock is located in the state of Texas and is part of the greater Austin metropolitan area. Round Rock has a population of about 124,000 people and around 8.2% of residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors in the area have convenient access to medical care facilities at St. David’s Healthcare and Baylor Scott and White Medical Center. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average cost of nursing home care in Round Rock is $5,201 for a semiprivate room which is about $2,500 cheaper than the national average.

The cost of nursing home care can be expensive due to the high level of care and assistance offered in this type of facility. Nursing home care is best suited to seniors who are chronically ill and require constant medical and physical care to maintain a quality of life. Family members may want to look at alternative care options such as home care and assisted living if this level of care is not required.

This guide looks at the costs of nursing home care and alternative options in Round Rock.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Round Rock, TX

Trinity Care Center

1000 E Main St, Round Rock, TX, 78664

The staff and employees are so nice and accommodating. They have strict visitation rules and the check-in process is somewhat involved, but it’s all for the best and not a problem. The rooms are cle … (read more)

Reliant Rehabilitation Hospital Central Texas

1400 HESTERS CROSSING, Round Rock, TX, 78681

When my husband had an ankle replacement, he went to Reliant Rehab as an inpatient. I believe he was there for a week. It is a beautiful facility, sparkling clean! My husband also said it is a wonderf … (read more)

San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

4100 College Park Drive , Round Rock, TX, 78665

Everyone was very nice except of a couple nurses. I’m very mad because I had them do my laundry but they lost some of my clothes and now they are coming up with every excuse in the book. I feel they … (read more)

Bel Air at Teravista

4105 Teravista Club Drive, Round Rock, TX, 78665

Do NOT put yourself or a loved one in this facility. I chose this place based on the 5 star rating from the state & my conversation with Roger. Everything sounded great so we took my mother there … (read more)

Park Valley Inn Health Center

17751 Park Valley, Round Rock, TX, 78681

I came to look at facility, it is beautiful they said it had recently been remodeled. The lady who answered the door was Angela, very nice and helpful. Helped me with signing in and answered questions … (read more)

Hearthstone SN Health Center

401 OAKWOOD BLVD, Round Rock, TX, 78681

As av patient, I am receiving excellent care from all the CNAs, nurses like Sanjita, nd the wonderful, smart Physician Assistant.. everyone is always at call button away. I met the new administrator. … (read more)

Falcon Ridge Rehabilitation

149 Klattenhoff Lane, Hutto, TX, 78634

Do not use this facility for rehab. As I see others have had the same bad experience as we did. My husband was over medicated, went in on Tuesday and by Thurs could not stay wake up, could not feed … (read more)

Park Place Care Center

121 Farm 971, Georgetown, TX, 78626

This used to be a good facility but since being bought by Chosen Healthcare the quality of care has fallen drastically. The administrative turnover is ridiculous, with new managers never lasting more … (read more)

Sagebrook Health Center

901 DISCOVERY BLVD, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

My father left the hospital and went to Sagebrook Health Center. He was in rehab just short of two weeks, and then he was transferred to a regular room. Additionally, he was put on hospice there, and … (read more)

Cedar View Rehabilitation And Healthcare Center

11020 Dessau Rd, Austin, TX, 78754

My parents moved to Legend Oaks two months ago. It was convenient, and the experience has been good. The staff has been very good and caring. The overall cleanliness really stands out. They have a lot … (read more)

Westminster

4100 Jackson Avenue, Austin, TX, 78731

Austin Retirement Nursing Center

6909 Burnet Ln, Austin, TX, 78757

I was sent to this place to recup after an operation. I was shown to a room that had an air mattress for the bed. The wall paper was peeling off the walls. A man who said he was a nurse came in and st … (read more)

Gracy Woods Ii Living Center

12042 Bittern Hollow, Austin, TX, 78758

My mother-in-law is at Gracy Woods II. It is a very nice place. I like it. It is organized and clean. They have the normal activities you would see in most nursing homes or assisted living places. The … (read more)

Heritage Duval Gardens

5301 W Duval Rd, Austin, TX, 78727

My husband arrived at Winsor Duval in September 2017 when he came Windsor he was falling daily had been 3 previous facilities and by the time he got to Windsor he was on so many psych meds. The staff … (read more)

Park Bend Health Center

2122 PARK BEND DR, Austin, TX, 78758

This is the worst skilled nursing facility I have ever been to. It is dirty disgusting and the staff is extremely rude. I had to wait over three hours for a cup of ice water. I do not recommend this … (read more)

Estrella Oaks Rehabilitation & Care Center

4011 Williams Drive , Georgetown, TX, 78628

Never put your loved one in this facility. My Mother is handicapped and has multiple medical issues. The facility is pleasant when you walk into the front, but the nursing home area always smells of u … (read more)

Austin Wellness and Rehabilitation

11406 RUSTIC ROCK DRIVE, Austin, TX, 78750

My sister-in-law started out at Austin Wellness and Rehabilitation. It’s just depressing, and I really wanted to find some place for her that is cheerier and not so grim. It’s sad visiting her. It was … (read more)

Cottonwood Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation

1500 Cottonwood Creek Trail, Cedar Park, TX, 78613

I would not recommend this facility to anyone. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and was a resident here. As her conditioned worsened, the staff ignored her. Many times I would come to visit my moth … (read more)

The Wesleyan at Scenic

2001 Scenic Drive, Georgetown, TX, 78626

The rooms are small. Roaches crawling behind my fathers bed and room filthy. Staff seemed like it was a chore on a daily basis and not friendly at all. When my father transitioned to hospice this fam … (read more)

Walnut Hills Convalescent Center

3509 ROGGE LN, Austin, TX, 78723

My sister-in-law is in the nursing home at Walnut Hills. From what I see, it’s not the best place where I would want to put my family member. The person I interacted with there is very nice, and the w … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Round Rock, Texas

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Round Rock is $5,201 for a semiprivate room and $7,057 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

It may be of interest to seniors to compare the costs of nursing home care in nearby cities. The average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in Round Rock is about $2,500 less than the national average of $7,756. However, it’s slightly higher than the Texas state average of $5,019.

The three nearby cities of San Antonio ($5,388), Victoria ($5,353) and Killeen ($5,191) all are within a similar average price range to Round Rock. However, the average monthly cost of nursing home care is much less expensive in Waco ($4,745).

$5201

Killeen

$4745

Waco

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members may want to look at the costs of other types of senior care if nursing care is not required for their loved one. The least expensive care option in Round Rock is assisted living at an average monthly cost of $4,250. The average monthly cost for homemaker services is $4,385 while home health aide services have an average monthly cost of $4,576. Nursing home care is at the upper level of the price spectrum at an average monthly cost of $5,201 for a semiprivate room and $7,057 for a private room.

$4250

Assisted Living

$4385

Homemaker Services

$4576

Home Health Aide Services

$7057

Nursing Home Semiprivate

Note: Data for Round Rock unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Austin, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Round Rock, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Round Rock, Texas

These resources may assist seniors and their caregivers in Round Rock who are looking at nursing home care or looking at ways for the seniors to stay safely in their own homes for a longer period of time. Some of the resources may request donations if the senior has the financial ability to help.

ResourceContactServices
Senior Access(512) 310-1060This nonprofit organization provides a range of free services to seniors in the Round Rock area. To be eligible for the services, seniors must be 60 years and older, live independently or with family and be able to get around without a wheelchair. Volunteer drivers offer door-to-door transport services. They take seniors to medical appointments, social engagements and the grocery store. Additional services offered include minor home repairs, equipment lending options, household chores and assistance with filling out paperwork.
Medicaid Assistance(512) 244-1592The Round Rock Welfare office staff members can assist seniors with applying for Medicaid and any other financial benefits that they may be entitled to. Staff can explain which care options are covered by Medicaid and which facilities the senior can choose between in the Round Rock area.
Meals on Wheels(512) 763-1400Meals on Wheels of Williamson delivers nutritious meals to homebound seniors in Round Rock and surrounding areas. To be eligible the seniors must be aged 65 and over and no longer able to prepare a meal for themselves. The program allows seniors to safely remain in their own homes for a longer period of time as they have access to at least one meal each day. The meals are delivered by a team of volunteers who carry out a quick safety check at the same time as delivering the meal. They will contact the relevant authorities or family members if anything is amiss. The meals are delivered around noon each day from Monday to Friday.