San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

Reviews of San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

October 26, 2016

By Jenna James

In August 2016 I visited this facility "for future reference" for elderly parents. I couldn't find anything to be impressed with, starting with the smell when I walked in.. But mostly it was the marketing/sales person. She never did offere me one single bit of information; she made me ask every question. I even had to ask if I could go on a tour (again, didn't offer). Never got a straight answer about how many rooms or beds there were. At the end of the tour I asked if I could have a copy of the activity calendar and a recent menu and she went over to her printer and then said "oh, my printer doesn't print legal-sized". I have visited all the nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Round Rock and Pflugerville and this was my strangest experience. First impressions count. P.S. I don't recall the woman's name but it WAS her full-time job, because ultimately I asked her that.

October 20, 2016

By Lilly385043

San Gabriel Rehabilitation & Care Center is OK. They treat him very well, and the only problem that we are having right now is they moved him into a room with a roommate and my dad is not very happy with that roommate. But he's very happy with the food, and the people that are taking care of him; that's the most important thing. I have tasted the food, and it's very good. They're home-cooked meals. They keep them active, and they encourage the residents to be active. The furniture needs some updating.

October 18, 2016

By David H.

The building and grounds are beautiful, modern, well kept, very clean and orderly. More importantly, the staff was extremely caring and well trained. The entire process from pre-admission with Leaha, until my fathers recent passing was very organized, reasonably priced, compassionate, and family centric. My family would like to extend our special thanks to Marioma and her entire nursing team for their kind and compassionate treatment of my father. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who is in need of elder care for their loved ones.

April 27, 2015

By cat.rom55

I toured San Gabriel a few weeks ago and found that this facility exceeded my expectations of nursing homes. The quality of staff and the amenities such as their court yard garden and therapy center in my opinion was just wonderful. I am not yet at the point of needing to live in a nursing facility but I am beginning to look at future locations to live in sometime in the future. Spacious dining rooms allows me to be mobile and I very much enjoyed that they offered Sunday Church services. I would be happy to move into such a wonderful community when the time comes.

Photos of San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

Services and Amenities of San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

• Fee Structure Extra: We Accept Medicaid

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: 3500 Square Foot Rehabilitation Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About San Gabriel Rehabilitation and Care Center

San Gabriel Rehabilitation & Care Center

San Gabriel is a premiere state-of-the art facility conveniently located near Seton Williamson Hospital. Choosing a health care community can be one of the most difficult and most important decisions you will ever have to make. At San Gabriel, we strive to make those decisions a little easier.

Fortunately, we have team of trained professionals that will develop an individualized treatment plan to accelerate the patient's return to independence.

Our Services

We provide professional and clinical services that include:
  • Customized care plans designed to meet each patient's specific needs
  • Discharge planning and social services
  • PT, OT & Speech Therapies
  • 24 hour Nursing Care
  • Wound Care
  • Infusion Therapy
  • Wound Care
  • Assistance with Activities of Daily Living

Long-Term Care

Long term care assists those who may benefit from 24-hour nursing along with assistance with meals, medications or activities of daily living.

Rehabilitation

San Gabriel's extensive rehabilitation department is equipped to meet virtually any rehabilitation need. In our 3,500 foot rehabilitation gym, we can assist short term or long term rehabilitation of:

• Joint replacement
  • COPD
  • Cardiac
  • Pulmonary

San Gabriel offers:

• Private rooms with full baths
  • In-room dining