60 Assisted Living Facilities near Leander, TX
There are 60 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leander area, with 2 in Leander and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leander is $3,867 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Round Rock with an average starting cost of $3,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 378 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leander. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leander 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Round Rock with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leander, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Leander, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leander
Leander, Texas, is right in the heart of the state, just 22 miles north of Austin. It’s technically a suburb of Austin, and it has a population of around 36,000, of whom 2,500 are 65 or older — approximately 7 percent. These seniors are served by two assisted living facilities in Leander itself, and 57 are nearby, including in Austin, Round Rock and Cedar Park.
Assisted living in Leander, as in the rest of Texas, is regulated by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. It divides facilities into two types: Type A and Type B. Residents of Type A facilities do not require routine attendance during sleeping hours and can follow directions in an emergency. Residents of Type B facilities need staff assistance to evacuate and require nighttime attendance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leander
- According to the American Lung Association, air quality in the Austin metropolitan area, including Leander, is high. This is ideal for seniors who have respiratory conditions or who are at risk of them.
- It’s easy to get around in Leander and the metro area by bus or rail. Buses are run by CARTS, which provides half-price fares for seniors, whereas trains are part of the MetroRail service, which also provides half-price fees for seniors. The city of Leander sponsors two bus trips a month for people 50 years and older around the Austin area or in central Texas.
- Heat and humidity define Leander summers, but by the time fall rolls around, temperatures in the high 90s drop to the low 80s. The Hill Country is one of Texas’ most popular areas for snowbirds and winter visitors for its comfortable winter temperatures in the 60s and outdoor lifestyle.
- Crime rates in Leander are low with 10.64 crimes against property and just 1.08 violent crimes per 1,000 residents. Texans have a 1 in 230 chance of being the victim of a violent crime. The odds for a Leander resident is 1 in 930.
- The cost of living in Leander is higher than average, thanks to housing and transportation costs that exceed both the Texas and national rate by a fair amount. Fortunately for retirees, food and health care costs in Leander are well below the U.S. and state averages.
- Leander has just one facility from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest hospital located in Cedar Park.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leander
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Leander start around $3,747 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leander and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leander
Texas residents who can’t afford assisted living costs may receive help from Medicare/Medicaid or from VA benefits. The STAR+PLUS program covers some of the costs associated with assisted living programs in Williamson County for qualified individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leander
Leander and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leander, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leander
Leander-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leander
Review of Riva Ridge Memory Care Center
My dad was in Riva Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care Center and it was a great place. It's an excellent facility with excellent staff, and I would recommend for others to try it out. They had... Read more
Review of Legacy at Crystal Falls
The worst. Don’t place your loved one here. Management is horrible and they have major systemic problems. It is beautiful and is great during the week days- but the nights and weekends are a nightm... Read more
Review of Legacy at Crystal Falls
I have had experiences with several al and memory care places now and they all disappoint. Legacy is no exception. The caretakers and staff is mostly kind and the place is clean and beautiful howev... Read more