29 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakeway, TX
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lakeway area, with 4 in Lakeway and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lakeway is $4,910 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Cedar Park with an average starting cost of $3,948.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lakeway. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lakeway 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Austin with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lakeway, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakeway, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakeway
Lakeway originally began as a retirement community, drawing active empty-nesters with its award-winning parks and recreational activities, including camping, fishing and scuba diving. Today, the city is home to a little over 15,000 people, roughly one in five of whom are aged 65 and over. To accommodate this population, the Lakeway has 25 assisted living facilities, including four in Lakeway proper.
In Lakeway, as in all of Texas, there are three different types of assisted living facilities, including assisted living apartments, residential care apartments and residential care non-apartments. All types of assisted living are licensed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakeway
- The Lakeway area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- According to data gathered by the American Lung Association, ozone pollution levels in Lakeway are high, while particle pollution levels are low. Travis County was given an F for ozone pollution, an A for short-term particle pollution and a passing score for annual particle pollution. This may be a consideration for seniors who have respiratory conditions like asthma or COPD.
- Public transportation services in Lakeway are provided by Capital Area Rural Transportation System, a bus service that serves rural regions around Austin. Seniors age 65 and over can purchase CART bus fare at half price.
- Lakeway is safer than 56 percent of cities of all sizes throughout the country, and its crime rate is lower than 60 percent of Texas cities of all sizes. When compared to cities with similar population sizes, however, Lakeway's crime rate is notably lower than average. This may make the city a good option for seniors who enjoy being active in their community.
- Summers in Lakeway are hot and muggy with average highs in the mid-90s, and winters are cool and windy with highs in the low-60s. The city's warm climate may appeal to senior's who enjoy outdoor activities throughout the year.
- Lakeway is a relatively expensive place to live, with a cost of living that is nearly 50 percent higher than state and national averages. This is primarily due to the high cost of housing, which is more than double the average housing costs of the state and nation as a whole. Utilities, healthcare and grocery costs are slightly lower than the national average, however, which may help seniors offset the high housing prices.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakeway
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Lakeway start around $4,910 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakeway and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakeway
STAR+PLUS is a Texas Medicaid managed care program that covers services provided in licensed assisted living facilities and adult foster care homes.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakeway
Lakeway and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lakeway, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakeway
Lakeway-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lakeway
Review of Arbor Terrace Lakeway
Just moved my Mother into Arbor and I finally have piece of mind that she is safe and well cared for. Very reasonably priced for what we are getting. She loves the food! Great activities. Very ... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Lakeway
My mom is in Arbor Terrace Lakeway. The staff seems to be very nice. Whenever she needs anything, they'll get it for her, or show her how to do things, and she's still working her way, learning aro... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Lakeway
We were pretty impressed with Arbor Terrace Lakeway. We liked it a lot. The price was way higher than others, but it's in Lakeway. I expected it to be more, but it was quite a lot more. They had st... Read more