Brookdale Beckett Meadows

Reviews of Brookdale Beckett Meadows

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Beckett Meadows

January 29, 2016

By Kim119753350

The rooms at Brookdale Beckett Meadows are very nice, and clean. They come in various sizes depending on your budget. The food has been very good. The tables at the dining room are set up very nicely with tablecloths, and it has a fine dining atmosphere. They have different activities everyday, and my mom is complaining about being tired everyday from doing so much. The staff were all very helpful, and friendly. They get things done at reasonable times.

December 20, 2015

By Loving Daughter15

My father is in his second month at Brookdale Beckett Meadows. It seemed like it was an attentive one-on-one caring place. They allow the person dependent upon their mental and physical condition to do as much independently as they can for as long as they can. I really appreciate that, because I didn't want them to just jump in and have to bathe him, especially since he can still do that on his own. He is suffering from dementia, and it's quickly progressing, and they would have some type of activities and things for him to do. They have artwork, various people from the communities come in and play music. Pets come in, and (there are) yoga sessions. The staff is very friendly. They allow him to do things independently until he does specifically ask for help. They're very patient with him, and I appreciate that. He says the food didn't have a lot of flavor to it, but they are good meals. I think he's just losing his taste buds. They also give him snacks. I wish he would lose weight, since he gained weight while he was there. He's in a different mental capacity than the Alzheimer's patients there, and it's a new condition to them, and they're learning about his condition as well. They have the memory care unit and assisted living. When we got there, all the ladies and gentlemen were sitting around the piano, and they were sitting in the front room and having their coffee and cookie time. They offered my dad coffee and cookies, and he was all happy. It is a perfect facility.

November 11, 2015

We liked that Brookdale Beckett Meadows is close to where my sister lives and that it’s a smaller community without a lot of residents. We spoke with some of the residents, and they all seemed really happy.

May 28, 2015

By Catherine29

Brookdale Beckett Meadows is actually listed as an assisted living, so the price for us was way more. I thought the rooms were very tiny. Potentially for someone coming from living in a house to moving, they would be kind of uncomfortable because the apartment was so small. They have what they call a one-bedroom, and even the two-bedroom was tiny. That and the price was a problem. When you go to a place officially called assisted living, they add about a thousand dollars to the place which is understandable. It was a quiet time in the afternoon, but they did have a busy looking schedule posted on the wall. It is a small facility, and there aren't as many people there, so that is why it seemed less lively. The cleanliness was good, and I saw no problem there. It is in a beautiful neighborhood. It is located near Dick Nichols Park, and some of the residents were out walking to the park. It looked like they were enjoying themselves.

January 07, 2015

By Linda103915050

Beckett Meadows was very nice. The staff was very friendly, and the people seemed to be very happy. It has a good mobility; they would go around with their wheelchairs or walkers in the living room, and I have seen some of them outside even walking with their walkers getting some fresh air. It looks like they care about freedom. It was very new, but at that time my dad went, we would not be able to sell him on assisted living. I have talked to people who have been there, and they said it was exemplary. They have a piano in the grand entry room.

October 16, 2014

By Rick25

The Park at Beckett Meadows was great. They were nice. Again, it was assisted living only. My other concern was the parking lot came right through the buildings. They didn’t have any patios too. The food was very good. They had a great activity; nightly or once a week, they have a movie night. Everybody was great that I talked to. They had always someone that would meet me, carry me around, take me on the tour, and show me one of the apartments that was not occupied or even occupied if somebody was not there.

October 16, 2014

By Ginger6

The staff was very friendly, and they showed us all the different units, we’ve got to tour the whole place. Everyone was very friendly, and all the workers were engaged with the people staying there, and it seemed to be homey. They go on day trips. We talked to the people there, and they were friendly. There was an outdoor area where they could go, and we really liked it. It’s clean, and I was impressed that they get the Alzheimer residents to get involved. They had three meals a day, and overall it was a pleasant experience.

June 23, 2014

I am quite happy here. The facility is fine. It’s kept very clean, and the people here are really nice. I have no problems whatsoever. I have one room, and it’s quite comfortable. I don’t do most of the activities, but they have fitness classes, tai chi, games, and you can keep occupied if you want to.

December 26, 2013

By Isabel4

It has a lot of activities going on, it depends on what the person needs. It would be very good for my dad because he can mingle during happy hours. They have bingo, ice cream and arts and crafts. The people were very nice, friendly and assisted us with our needs. The case worker was very knowledgeable. She was instrumental in giving me information on what to look for. The only thing there is they have an elevator to go to the second floor.

August 13, 2013

It had a really good, exceptional and nice staff. The rooms were nice. It was an older establishment but it had a very nice memory plan facility. It had a pool and a nice garden area, exercise equipment, and a nice dining area.

February 10, 2012

By commercesd

We went to see Beckett Meadows as an assisted living option for our aunt. We really liked to hear that it was pet-friendly, since our aunt has an attachment to her beloved cat. It is a great neighborhood - in the gorgeous southwest Austin region. Our family lives nearby, so this would be an ideal place so that we could visit our aunt whenever we like. We liked that this is a smaller community - with about 59 spaces for seniors. We feel this gives a better opportunity for the best and most individualized care possible. It also makes it a more homey senior living environment. They also have 15 memory care apartments. The dining area was ample, bright and nicely decorated with comfortablle and easy-access chairs. The food we tasted was delicious, as were the many snack offerings which residents are offered many times throughout the day and a few in the evening if they like. The library was lovely, too as was the media room. Residents may also gardening in the courtyard, which our aunt would really enjoy. The residents can also visit the nearby Dick Nichols Park and Will Hampton Branch Library. This is clearly a very well designed, nicely appointed facility, with competent and compassionate staff.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Beckett Meadows

• Spanish

• Pets: Yes

• Licenses: 0-10282

About Brookdale Beckett Meadows

Brookdale Beckett Meadows is a senior living community that offers a homelike setting with cheerful, professional staff. Its caring staff offers the assistance seniors need while respecting their independence. The community's peaceful setting, restaurant-style dining experiences and on-site activities combine to create a wonderful living environment. Special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs offer unlimited opportunities for residents to get to know each other and staff members.

Map of Brookdale Beckett Meadows